Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bkkteng

How To Take Readings?

U confusing me leh, u said the compass pointing to the N, meaning the red needle must be pointing to N at the same time or just stand with the letter N in front of me iregardless of whether the needle is on N? :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
U confusing me leh, u said the compass pointing to the N, meaning the red needle must be pointing to N at the same time or just stand with the letter N in front of me iregardless of whether the needle is on N? :P

stand at the centre spot, your BODY face the windows, then turn your compass with YOUR fingers to have the needle facing north, DONT turn or shake your body24.gif. then look at the bearings that face/points to your window.

http://www.learn-orienteering.org/old/lesson2.html

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/ce/eek...rienteering.htm

My compass is not like that one leh, mine cannot adjust the housing and fix the north, so i guess i hv to find the north first then gauage the other directions by changing my facing position. Thanks ya :P

My compass is not like that one leh, mine cannot adjust the housing and fix the north, so i guess i hv to find the north first then gauage the other directions by changing my facing position. Thanks ya :wub:

:wub::bleah: you can JUST turn/rotate the compass!:P!:P!!! haiz.

U confusing me leh, u said the compass pointing to the N, meaning the red needle must be pointing to N at the same time or just stand with the letter N in front of me iregardless of whether the needle is on N? :bow:

huh? u confusing me leh... what do u mean by "or just stand with the letter N in front of me iregardless of whether the needle is on N?

how many sets of N,S,E,W your compass have? only 1 right? so if needle points to N, then that is N lor...

u better never get lost in a jungle, if not jia lat! keke.. :P

My compass is not like that one leh, mine cannot adjust the housing and fix the north, so i guess i hv to find the north first then gauage the other directions by changing my facing position. Thanks ya :yamseng:

:(:no::(

ok.. last try!! u still can't understand i give up liao. :P u follow exactly what i write ok...

eg. take direction for main door facing

step 1: stand abt 3 step backwards fr main door, u r standing INSIDE the house and facing the main door, u are looking OUTSIDE (assuming your door is open).

step 2: hold you compass on your left palm. now using your right hand, you rotate your compass until red needle points to N. u are still standing in SAME position facing the door.

step 3: now u look down at your compass, what do u see? with needle points to N, which direction are u facing? that is the direction reading u want.

Sorry lo, can check for me which is a better move in date (as in moving my stuff from the storage to new hse) , 18th Nov, or 25th Nov? Thanks 8|

Sorry lo, can check for me which is a better move in date (as in moving my stuff from the storage to new hse) , 18th Nov, or 25th Nov? Thanks :yamseng:

whats your element?