Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bkkteng

How To Take Readings?

Hi,

Can someone enlighten me on how to take the correct compass readings?

Step 1: To take a reading from the dr, so i shd stand with the compass facing towards the dr? Or with my

back against the dr facing inwards. Then take 3 steps back and take another reading?

Step 2: Stand at the side with the most windows, so again i shd stand facing towards the windows? or with

my back against the window facing my living room?

Step 3: Where is the centre of my hse?

http://adchroma.multiply.com/photos/photo/5/2

And does my hse has any missing corners?

Thanks

Edited by bkkteng

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

2007-10-10-1144-47.jpg

stand at the centre of the house and face the same direction as the building's facing.

example = that big arrow.

Main door = you know liao

no missing corners - but MBR is at a lousy place(next to kitchen). any rooms next to kitchen or sharing the same wall with a kitchen is no good for sleeping/recuperating.

Thanks MaCe,

now i know how to take the reading liao :thumbs up:

Will it help if i build another wall beside the existing one so that the MBR does not share a wall with the kitchen? :dribble: Or is there any way to rectify the problem?

2007-10-10-1144-47.jpg

stand at the centre of the house and face the same direction as the building's facing.

example = that big arrow.

Main door = you know liao

no missing corners - but MBR is at a lousy place(next to kitchen). any rooms next to kitchen or sharing the same wall with a kitchen is no good for sleeping/recuperating.

That top right hand corner is not considered a 'missing corner'?

I'm confused, actually how to see ah? I tot like that would be considered missing.

Sorry bkkteng,

Dun mind I use your thread to ask a question hor...

MaCe,

If lets say the kitchen is located sort of next to the MBR, but it is not sharing the same wall with the MBR, then is it ok? In between is the toilet.

------------------------------------------------------------

bkkteng,

Regarding taking directions.. this is what I understand from reading some articles before. (if I remember correctly..hehe)

When u stand at the door, facing outside (eg. corridor) is called taking your flats 'facing'. And when you stand facing inside your flat is called taking your flats 'sitting'. Sitting is just the opposite of the facing direction lor.

Edited by phoenix

Thanks MaCe,

now i know how to take the reading liao :)

Will it help if i build another wall beside the existing one so that the MBR does not share a wall with the kitchen? :good: Or is there any way to rectify the problem?

only way is to turn MBR into studyroom.

MaCe,

If lets say the kitchen is located sort of next to the MBR, but it is not sharing the same wall with the MBR, then is it ok? In between is the toilet.

When u stand at the door, facing outside (eg. corridor) is called taking your flats 'facing'. And when you stand facing inside your flat is called taking your flats 'sitting'. Sitting is just the opposite of the facing direction lor.

as long as mbr is not sharing same with kitchen is ok.

house facing is the building's facing.

You must take your bazi and see if it match your house facing or not.

Different house good for different people. Then different parts of the house good for the various people living inside.

You see living room facing alone not much use unless for general things like which part of hse got afternoon sun etc. :notti:

Hmm, so build a wall with a slight gap between the kitchen wall and new wall wont help? (new wall mark xxx)

Any comments on my layout?My living room faces north east.Thanks

http://adchroma.multiply.com/photos/photo/5/24

depends on individual and also depends on your FSM's school of fs.

took me 1 yr+ to find my current house yet still with flaws.

kitchen beside mbr = out

kitchen at the front part of the house = out

toilet/kitchen at the centre of the house = out

prevention is better than cure.

depends on individual and also depends on your FSM's school of fs.

took me 1 yr+ to find my current house yet still with flaws.

kitchen beside mbr = out

kitchen at the front part of the house = out

toilet/kitchen at the centre of the house = out

prevention is better than cure.

Haha,

Like that better bochap la, rather than knowing and worrying abt it, i will pretend i dunno lo :dancingqueen: .

Thanks all for the help :sport-smiley-018:

MaCe,

Whats wrong with kitchen at front part of the house leh?

kitchen is considered a private part of the house that contains/produce the wealth of the whole family.

Hi,

I'm really lost at how to use the compass, I shd first let the compass find the North first then hold it still(letting the compass face north all times) and then turn myself facing the direction i wanna know and roughly gage the facing rite?

Or shd i hold the compass with the N in front of me, iregardless of whether the needle is pointing N ah? Paisei, can someone enlighten me :dancingqueen:

Hi,

I'm really lost at how to use the compass, I shd first let the compass find the North first then hold it still(letting the compass face north all times) and then turn myself facing the direction i wanna know and roughly gage the facing rite?

Or shd i hold the compass with the N in front of me, iregardless of whether the needle is pointing N ah? Paisei, can someone enlighten me :dancingqueen:

whichever way u're facing... lets say u face the main door to take facing direction...your compass must always point to the N. then u look at the compass, the main door will be whatever the direction it is on the compass.. so while the needle points to N (eg. if N is on the left, then 90 degrees is E, opposite 180 degrees is S etc.).

hope this helps :dunno:

whichever way u're facing... lets say u face the main door to take facing direction...your compass must always point to the N. then u look at the compass, the main door will be whatever the direction it is on the compass.. so while the needle points to N (eg. if N is on the left, then 90 degrees is E, opposite 180 degrees is S etc.).

hope this helps :dancingqueen:

So the compass must always hv the red needle pointing N, then i gauage the direction of dr facing while standing looking at the dr without moving my compass rite?so i shd use the first method in my posting?

So the compass must always hv the red needle pointing N, then i gauage the direction of dr facing while standing looking at the dr without moving my compass rite?so i shd use the first method in my posting?

Aiyo... i want to faint liao. lol!

North is North and South is South anywhere in your house this shd not change. if not tomorrow the sun is not gonna rise fr east liao :) So as long as your compass (red needle) points ALWAYS to N then correct liao. But if u want bery precise reading of directions, you better engage a pro to do an audit for you.

I am guessing that the reason for taking several directions like near window, center of hse and at main door, is to ensure that the directions are more or less correct. This is because sometimes, when you stand near the door, your gate made of metal may affect the reading.

Edited by phoenix