Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

Supreme Laminated Flooring

my ID just finished my living room floor. i hv such a bad memory when it comes to colours; i don't even remember choosing the colour but hubby say it's the correct one. ok lor. doesn't look too bad.

anyways, the ID said they are using supreme. offered me another brand (local), can't remember the name but i never hear before so didn't want to take. so today we went to the flat after they completed...saw the boxes of laminates. but no SUPREME stamped on it. in fact, the boxes had a picture of a teddy bear, and the word EXQUSITE on the side. anybody see before? is it really a SUPREME product or is my ID trying to pull a fast one on us?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
my ID just finished my living room floor. i hv such a bad memory when it comes to colours; i don't even remember choosing the colour but hubby say it's the correct one. ok lor. doesn't look too bad.

anyways, the ID said they are using supreme. offered me another brand (local), can't remember the name but i never hear before so didn't want to take. so today we went to the flat after they completed...saw the boxes of laminates. but no SUPREME stamped on it. in fact, the boxes had a picture of a teddy bear, and the word EXQUSITE on the side. anybody see before? is it really a SUPREME product or is my ID trying to pull a fast one on us?

I dont think they gave u Supreme. Any pieces of laminates lying around? Did u chose the AC3 or AC5 tropical hardwood range from Supreme. I just found out from them how to tell the difference so dont get cheated by contractor.

If contractor didnt give u the one u wanted, make sure they change it!

hi gumbokins,

it's not the same as Supreme brand .... it's actually from a local supplier (if im not wrong) who produces the laminated flooring (in China i think) based on what Supreme had offered eg the colours etc ...it's abit like copycat lah

my contractor was also abit not honest in the sense that he tried to convince us to take other brands eg Premier, Firmaflor etc but when we insisted on Supreme brand, he said his supplier will try to supply it. upon confirmation of our choice of colours, we realised that the laminated flooring being supplied is actually "exquisive (spelling) supreme brand" but we didn't mind cos the colours are similar....

so i got pirated laminates ah? at my ID's place he showed us the supreme catalogue..only 12 colours..but when i browsed through the supreme website, didn't see the colour we chose there. i can't remember if the quotation specified the brand of laminates. but i was charged $3000+ to overlay my living + dining area, which really isnt all that big (4 rm resale).

if the pirated one is cheaper, then win already lor.

well, if we really insisted on genuine supreme brand, they wouldn't be able to earn much....

the choice of laminate flooring was probably the only issue (up to now) that i wasn't totally satisfied with our contractor but we had alrdy signed the contract when we realised that he was unable to provide supreme brand & anyway, we were ok with the colours & dun want to dwell on it so hopefully everythg willl be ok

Edited by sing gunner

so i got pirated laminates ah? at my ID's place he showed us the supreme catalogue..only 12 colours..but when i browsed through the supreme website, didn't see the colour we chose there. i can't remember if the quotation specified the brand of laminates. but i was charged $3000+ to overlay my living + dining area, which really isnt all that big (4 rm resale).

if the pirated one is cheaper, then win already lor.

Hi Supreme website is not so updated. I went to their factory to see and the colours are more than the website.

I insisted that my ID bring me to Supreme factory to see the samples b4 i finalise on Supreme.

Later on, we also met Supreme workers at our house and another time when they come back for some minal rectifications. I cannot remember whether we see the Supreme box or not but quite sure it is Supreme.

hi gumbokins,

it's not the same as Supreme brand .... it's actually from a local supplier (if im not wrong) who produces the laminated flooring (in China i think) based on what Supreme had offered eg the colours etc ...it's abit like copycat lah

my contractor was also abit not honest in the sense that he tried to convince us to take other brands eg Premier, Firmaflor etc but when we insisted on Supreme brand, he said his supplier will try to supply it. upon confirmation of our choice of colours, we realised that the laminated flooring being supplied is actually "exquisive (spelling) supreme brand" but we didn't mind cos the colours are similar....

Supreme is also a local brand right ? http://www.supremefloor.com.sg/about.htm

I think firmaflor is not bad too but probably Supreme is more well known and popular cos more ppl use it. And we always see them at the fairs.

Supreme is also a local brand right ? http://www.supremefloor.com.sg/about.htm

I think firmaflor is not bad too but probably Supreme is more well known and popular cos more ppl use it. And we always see them at the fairs.

honestly im not sure if supreme is a local anot :yamseng:

was thinking of using firmaflor if supreme wasn't available

in the end, my SO decided on this 'exqusive supreme' brand cos they hv the same colours & the sample looks quite okay

i asked my ID about it...and i've had a busy day today so i really can't remember his response, but he says that the floor is still under lifetime warranty with supreme but have to go through his firm first. right. ok. now his firm only gives 8 yrs warranty. what happens 10-15 yrs from now? looks like i'm going to have to retain the invoices for a long time to come.

Hi there, i tik it probably from China. For supreme high range, it is actually from INOVAR Laminate Floor, a direct manufacturer. INOVAR repackage for them. OEM. INOVAR got over 40plus colors. 8mm&12mm. 15yrs warranty.

Edited by antchiang

Hi Bro, you have been cheated by your id. Bear bear laminate and Supreme are totally different. Price is ard $2.5 psf. U can calulate yourselves. To verify, you can just try to call the office to check.

hi

i bought supreme ac5 range at $4psf

when they deliver, it was inovar box . when i asked the sales person, he told me only inovar has ac5 range.

however i check on inovar website, for the same colour, wich is mf993, it is only AC3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i cheated?????? vvvvvvvvvvv sad cus tru out my reno i keep getting cheated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(