Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mint

Duro Gate Lock

Just bought the Duro Lock model Art 338 at the promo price of $148.

But I cant lock it onto my grilles (HDB grilles). I called the DIY Home Fix shop and enquired about fixing up the lock. They then gave me their supplier tel no. I called and he very nice say can come down to my place to check for me. I tot so good service. Then turned out he said I muz pay $20 for his trip! Wahh...I want to save that $20 if I can. So anyone can advise? Anyone use it before?

http://www.duro.com.sg/diy.html

Mine is the standard HDB 3 panel gate.

I'm stuck between step no. 4 and 5. I can't fasten D and E together. My HDb grills seems "too fat" - I tried to push in my lock, and in turn even scrapping off the paint in process. But still cant push all the way in. Got stuck outside, so D& E cant be fastened together.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

But I cant lock it onto my grilles (HDB grilles). I called the DIY Home Fix shop and enquired about fixing up the lock. They then gave me their supplier tel no. I called and he very nice say can come down to my place to check for me. I tot so good service. Then turned out he said I muz pay $20 for his trip! Wahh...I want to save that $20 if I can. So anyone can advise? Anyone use it before?

I'm stuck between step no. 4 and 5. I can't fasten D and E together. My HDb grills seems "too fat" - I tried to push in my lock, and in turn even scrapping off the paint in process. But still cant push all the way in. Got stuck outside, so D& E cant be fastened together.

could it be too many layer of paint on your grille until it fatten the grille?

Standard? Then shouldn't be a problem. There's extra space somemore. Are you saying you cant fit E into your grille ? Or you mean you cannot join D & E together. The distance of the Space between D and E when fasten, is it bigger than the width of the grille you are tying it to?

Yup, can't be that "D" & "E" cannot go together, more like "E" cannot go into the bar of your gate?

It would be better for you to take the similiar shots as per the webpage but with your own HDB gate instead.

Yup, can't be that "D" & "E" cannot go together, more like "E" cannot go into the bar of your gate?

It would be better for you to take the similiar shots as per the webpage but with your own HDB gate instead.

So "E" can fit into our Tanglin Halt gate hor?

So "E" can fit into our Tanglin Halt gate hor?

I think it differs.. you have to try.. I hear from kriz that oda's gate couldnt fit.. Kriz could fit at the top. Mine was ok at the middle.

I think the picture should help

durolockew0.th.jpg

Edited by jule

I think it differs.. you have to try.. I hear from kriz that oda's gate couldnt fit.. Kriz could fit at the top. Mine was ok at the middle.

I think the picture should help

durolockew0.th.jpg

Erhhh sis, did you install the lock wrongly?? How come the locking bar is facing outside one??

Yeap, for my gate, the lock could only fit at the top near the padlock holder. Not sure about others, but for mine the misfit was due to the misalignment of the gate's bars, where the fixed bar was too 'in' and the moving gate's bar is too 'out', so when I push in the locking bar, it kinda scrap at the paintwork. Now even at top also like that, if put in the middle totally cannot push the locking bar in...

CIMG0002.JPG

On hindsight, this could be caused by the new welded bolts I changed on the gate, if those who remember...

Edited by zirhk3355

Erhhh sis, did you install the lock wrongly?? How come the locking bar is facing outside one??

I took the photo from inside the house.. its facing inside..

Yeap, for my gate, the lock could only fit at the top near the padlock holder. Not sure about others, but for mine the misfit was due to the misalignment of the gate's bars, where the fixed bar was too 'in' and the moving gate's bar is too 'out', so when I push in the locking bar, it kinda scrap at the paintwork. Now even at top also like that, if put in the middle totally cannot push the locking bar in...

Err... correct leh, it is facing inside.

So I need to spend $100+ dollar to try.... hmmm.... :)

Edited by TYM

i dont think this is the original HDB gate. If its original, it sldnt be a prob. My parent's place is using the original gate, and there's no prob with such lock.

However, my own house, the gate is the same as your iron gate. What i did is get the Duro 320(lock) and 320N(bracket). With these, i make it like the same function as your 338. when i open the lock, i do not need to hold on to the lock, and the locking bar will automatically "shoot" out from the gate's lock holes.