Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

What Are The Steps After Get Key?

I am getting the keys to my resale flat soon :dribble:

My first home, so I want to make sure I do things right :notti:

Can someone tell me whats the things that I have to do after i get the keys?

Can i just go into the house or must find auspicious day and time? Then can go into the house for the 1st time?

What do I need to bring to the house when I first go in?

How about renovation? Do I need to find an auspicious day to start or anytime my contractor ready i start? Anything I must do before the contractor starts?

Any other information will be much appreciated

-celest

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I am getting the keys to my resale flat soon :sport-smiley-004:

My first home, so I want to make sure I do things right !!

Can someone tell me whats the things that I have to do after i get the keys?

Can i just go into the house or must find auspicious day and time? Then can go into the house for the 1st time?

What do I need to bring to the house when I first go in?

How about renovation? Do I need to find an auspicious day to start or anytime my contractor ready i start? Anything I must do before the contractor starts?

Any other information will be much appreciated

-celest

yup, you need to find an auspicious day to "kai men". There are many procedures to open the door, i am not too sure which is the correct one. Some say use pineapple to roll the floor,some sprinkle salt everywhere. for me, i got a shifu to come to bless and chant awhile only. didint roll any pineapple

renovation - yes, u also need a date to "dong tu". u can find this auspicious date in the calendar or from a fengshui master also..

but hor, actually its all up to u la, i got some friends who didnt do anything also..

thanks yang guo :dancingqueen:

to get an auspicious date to "kai men", is it according to ba zhi? if i am getting key on 28th dec, when will be a good date and time to "kai men"? any advise?

Found this Initial Opening of Door procedure on geomancy.net

Did you all do all that

Procedure:

1) Door open by facilitator - ALL call out " PING AN FA CHAI ", then throw in PINEAPPLE (x1 pcs); then facilitator hand over the keys.

2) Prepare RICE and GREEN BEANS - Husband & wife (no outsiders except for own or family members can be around) to sprinkle ALL over the house

- Mix the rice and green beans together. (Leave a "cup-full" of green beans - for later placement at the living room area).

- During this procedure, make sure that no outsiders are inside the home.

- For example, if it is a condo, the condo facilitator must leave the apartment. Own family members can remain eg. parents).

- The purpose is to "sow" wealth into the apartment. Thus, it is not a matter of sprinkly lots of rice/beans but rather, try to sprinkle all over the apartment inclusive of the toilets/yard.

3) Prepare FA GAO (x2 pcs - can be brown, yellow or pink). If white colour FA GAO make sure that a circular red paper to be stuck/placed on top of the FA GAO.

- Place one FA GAO in the middle of the room

- while the other FA GAO with 3 oranges and 1 red packet with some money e.g. 2 dollars, 20 cents or 80 cents will do - on top of the kitchen stove.

4) Prepare 5 types of FRUITS (include the PINEAPPLE, ffice:smarttags" />ORANGE/ KUM, RED APPLES, RED GRAPES, BANANA). AVOID: PEARS ONLY.

- Grapes should preferably be purple or reddish. But not green or black coloured grapes.

- for countable fruits such as oranges (Kum) & apples please purchase 5 each to be placed in the middle of the living room. For a bunch like banana, or grapes, no need to count.

5) Prepare TEA LEAVES (tie kuan yin) and place it in the middle of the living room.

6) Prepare COTTON WOOL, WATER and a DISH for germinating the GREEN BEANS and place it in the middle of the living room.

Item# 3 - 6 : These are to be placed at the middle of the living room.

7) In addition, at the 4 corners of the LIVING & DINING room, place a set of 2x ORANGES + 1x Red Packet of 20cts - total : ORANGES x8 + RED PACKETs x4

8) In addition, at the KITCHEN, place FA GAO x1 and ORANGES x3 on the stove.

- with an ang pow with 20cents or 2 dollars or even number notes/coins will do.

- Do not sweep the floor on the three days of placement. For example, if placed on Saturday, only sweep the floor after Monday i.e. from next Tuesday onwards ONLY.

- After this date, all the ang pow money can be used to purchase sweets or sweet-drinks for own family consumption.