Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gumbokins

What Do U Do With Ur Bills?

just curious, wht do you do with the bills you receive in the mail after paying them? file, throw, chuck in a corner...? i used to put them in a box but the box is now full...want to recycle but got a lot of 'personal info'...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
just curious, wht do you do with the bills you receive in the mail after paying them? file, throw, chuck in a corner...? i used to put them in a box but the box is now full...want to recycle but got a lot of 'personal info'...

get a $20 paper shredder from popular bookstore.

get a $20 paper shredder from popular bookstore.

u know, i was actually thinking abt that last nite. then i was thinking, the shreds would be nice as hamster bedding, except i dont hv any hamsters. then i wondered if i should get a hamster, but my husband sure don't let. then i fell asleep. lol.

u know, i was actually thinking abt that last nite. then i was thinking, the shreds would be nice as hamster bedding, except i dont hv any hamsters. then i wondered if i should get a hamster, but my husband sure don't let. then i fell asleep. lol.

maybe you should ask your hubby to rear pythons(snakes) so you can rear hamsters? :P:P

usually - python owners rear hamsters as food.

for me i usually sort my bills into two categories

one - flyers, brochures, envelope and pages that doesn't contain confidential information

two - pages that has my details

one will be sent for recycling, and two will be torn up into very very small pieces and recycled as well :sport-smiley-004:

Get female hamsters so hubby wun get jealous..

its not a jealousy thing, it's a gross-smelly-rodents thing :sport-smiley-004:

so there's no reason y u need to keep the bills huh? cool...can start throwing liaoz

I will just tear them into small pieces after paying the bills...

At most will only keep them after the next bill....cos I dun c a point keeping them...

its not a jealousy thing, it's a gross-smelly-rodents thing :notti:

so there's no reason y u need to keep the bills huh? cool...can start throwing liaoz

For me.. I file annually, then ard Feb.. I throw away all the statements except for bank and credit card statements.

Actually, these days.. bills got nothing more than name and address mah.

Hmm.. hamsters not smelly at all with those wood chips.. stil think is the jealousy thing.

Wow, didn't know so many people also have this problem - I used to file my bills for an unlimited period of time until one day I thought to myself, "whatever for??" By that time I am looking at a few cartons of bills, dated as far back as 2001!

Then one day I came across my accountant who gave me the most wonderful and 'why-didnt-i-think-of-it-earlier' idea - scan them! Yes my accountant literally scans each bill, invoices, receipts, etc, keep them in the PC and keeps the hard copies for no more than two months. One file is only 100kb+, doesn't take up your harddisk space at all...

Edited by zirhk3355

Wow, didn't know so many people also have this problem - I used to file my bills for an unlimited period of time until one day I thought to myself, "whatever for??" By that time I am looking at a few cartons of bills, dated as far back as 2001!

Then one day I came across my accountant who gave me the most wonderful and 'why-didnt-i-think-of-it-earlier' idea - scan them! Yes my accountant literally scans each bill, invoices, receipts, etc, keep them in the PC and keeps the hard copies for no more than two months. One file is only 100kb+, doesn't take up your harddisk space at all...

bro, don't even need 100kb. below that also can. just tweak the resolution on the scanner. trial and error abit.

i scan impt docs that i wanna keep.. can't stand dust and creepy crawlies....

every year just back up a copy into a dvd / cd ...

actually if not for income tax purposes.. not really necessary to keep receipts la....

DH is a squirrel. He likes to keep stuff for years and years. I will scan them and file them in proper sub-folders. I have naming conventions for different service providers, IRAS, banks etc. If it's DH's bills, I will put his initials as prefix If it's mine, my initials will be the prefix.

And in the 1Q of the next year, I will "dumb" them in a HDD.

For me.. I file annually, then ard Feb.. I throw away all the statements except for bank and credit card statements.

Actually, these days.. bills got nothing more than name and address mah.

Hmm.. hamsters not smelly at all with those wood chips.. stil think is the jealousy thing.

sometimes, your name and address is all they need for ID theft!! and i really don't want naybody to know that i spent $50 last month on mcdonalds deliveries...lol

anyways, on the hamster thing, they're cute but i dont think i can touch them...eeee..

scan the bills huh? hmmm. is there a need to keep them in the first place? for income tax? mine very standard..just put in company name all automated liao..but scanning can be a bit troublesome. lift up the lid, press button, click a bit...then what happens to the bill afterwards? :thumbs up:

DH is a squirrel. He likes to keep stuff for years and years. I will scan them and file them in proper sub-folders. I have naming conventions for different service providers, IRAS, banks etc. If it's DH's bills, I will put his initials as prefix If it's mine, my initials will be the prefix.

And in the 1Q of the next year, I will "dumb" them in a HDD.

squirrel? lol... sounds like me then.. i like to hoard stuff too... just like my grandmother... my mum and wife on the other hand is "throw throw throw"... no wonder they get along.

sometimes, your name and address is all they need for ID theft!! and i really don't want naybody to know that i spent $50 last month on mcdonalds deliveries...lol

anyways, on the hamster thing, they're cute but i dont think i can touch them...eeee..

scan the bills huh? hmmm. is there a need to keep them in the first place? for income tax? mine very standard..just put in company name all automated liao..but scanning can be a bit troublesome. lift up the lid, press button, click a bit...then what happens to the bill afterwards? :thumbs up:

lol.. well you've got your answer then. just shred them away. if you really afraid then get a better shredder.

those that have cross blades.. a lot more difficult for people to piece them back..

i keep mine for company claims and income tax.. bills are more for disputing.. lol... like how come abn amro charged me late payment fee when i called and checked if i'm current on the bills.. tsk tsk..