Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sam07

Jln Membina - 90sqm 4rm

Been wanting to install some sliding trays/drawers for easier accessibility. Blum is out of my budget and i think Wei Mi (mujipai - the chicken brand) is very expensive too, considering a 90cm basket to be over $200.

my ID say Ikea tray = blum tray too and it was indeed so as Blum was imprinted on it, probably OEM.

in case anybody oso planning to buy the Ikea tray, its not that difficult to assemble. So, if i can do it, sure u can too.

f_DSCN1850m_5d05faa.jpgf_DSCN1851m_a611311.jpg

tada.. see? so easy, in a jiffy. :unsure:

just a word of caution, do remember to buy the front as well, not just the tray. the tray is sold without the front, as it is meant for installation onto the wooden door. If in doubt, just ask the sales personnel that u want to buy a complete set of the tray. I should think this is a cheaper alternative to blum? ;)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Cost saving DIYs which my mum wouldn't agree with me (she thinks i'm a scrooge!)

Wanted some same color range photo frames but dun wanna spend a bunch on it.. ended up coloring my ikea raw wood frames with shoe shines.. i thot it doesnt look too bad, the grains are turning out well.

f_DSCN1825m_88ec032.jpgf_DSCN1827m_c9a8670.jpg

Cost saving DIYs which my mum wouldn't agree with me (she thinks i'm a scrooge!)

Wanted some same color range photo frames but dun wanna spend a bunch on it.. ended up coloring my ikea raw wood frames with shoe shines.. i thot it doesnt look too bad, the grains are turning out well.

the woodgrains are beautiful... doesn't look like DIY stuff 8|

Yes, the woodgrains are beautiful and nice.

Should hang it on the foyer area leading to your mbr.

You have any spot lights on that area?

Wow, your woodgrains is so nice !! , just by looking at the pic, i tot it was bought off the shelf. How to do it ah? I cannot link shoe shine and this together leh...

trust you to think of shoe shine with wood, :sport-smiley-004: that is so NICE!

is this pix one of your floor tiles at JM?

nah... i'm still at my old flat.. new flat not ready yet.

dunno where to hang the frames yet, just wanted to have same series yet not the raw wood color, so, i thot this looks ok, haha...

Yep.. just used the leftover Kiwi shoeshines which i found in my shoe cabinet while clearing the mess, lol

i've tried it with paints as well, but feel that shoeshine looks the best. when buying the frames from Okea, just choose those with nice grains and it stands out after polishing! !!

Ideas for those with shoestring budget !!

Wah...That really good...very innovative :bangwall:

5th Jan

While waiting for the lighting delivery and gas pipe installation, i saw some men at work at Blk 27A.

It is interesting to know thats how they got the Brick-look on the floor, thot its a design on the tiles.

f_DSCN1853m_d1fc437.jpg

After the cement screeding, the uncle coat the cement with some brown clay powder and use the mold to imprint on the floor, stepping on it to get the design cut into the cement.. Never knew its such hard work.. nxt time when walk on the pavement, must appreciate more.

The hall curtain has been a big headache.. happy to know that we really manage to get it done with Ikea rods! Hurray.. thats a big piece off my mum's mind.

Modified Ikea hooks

f_DSCN1852m_ddf1c5c.jpg

My living room with the rods and hooks mounted

f_DSCN1858m_0b83ed5.jpg

Close-up view of the hooks mounted under the beam

f_DSCN1856m_72d90f8.jpg

5th Jan

While waiting for the lighting delivery and gas pipe installation, i saw some men at work at Blk 27A.

It is interesting to know thats how they got the Brick-look on the floor, thot its a design on the tiles.

f_DSCN1853m_d1fc437.jpg

After the cement screeding, the uncle coat the cement with some brown clay powder and use the mold to imprint on the floor, stepping on it to get the design cut into the cement.. Never knew its such hard work.. nxt time when walk on the pavement, must appreciate more.

The hall curtain has been a big headache.. happy to know that we really manage to get it done with Ikea rods! Hurray.. thats a big piece off my mum's mind.

Modified Ikea hooks

f_DSCN1852m_ddf1c5c.jpg

My living room with the rods and hooks mounted

f_DSCN1858m_0b83ed5.jpg

Close-up view of the hooks mounted under the beam

f_DSCN1856m_72d90f8.jpg

wow you are good at DIY!

Can we ask you for your advice when we install ours?

Hi SAM

Means the drilling of curtain rod under the bean will be a not be straight due to the curve line in the living room?

I might go down to ikea this afternoon to take a look at the rod.

HAPPY