Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sam07

Jln Membina - 90sqm 4rm

Hi SAM

Means the drilling of curtain rod under the bean will be a not be straight due to the curve line in the living room?

I might go down to ikea this afternoon to take a look at the rod.

HAPPY

This is just a cheaper alternative... may not look good to some people.

ermm... after putting in the screw, i tried with the rod on and secure the screw only when the rod fit in. So, the rod is still straight against the curve of the underbeam if u look from bottom up.

not sure u got wat i mean? if u wanna c, let me know but probably can only do it on comin sat, unless its weekday nite (afterwork), which i only have Fri available.

if u buy the ikea rod, buy the longest one with the extension part, all completed in 1 set..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi SAM

Thanks for your infor.

Next friday taking leave (meet the teacher sessions) and going to book FSM.

Might drop by in the evening to see your unit?

HAPPY

5th Jan

While waiting for the lighting delivery and gas pipe installation, i saw some men at work at Blk 27A.

It is interesting to know thats how they got the Brick-look on the floor, thot its a design on the tiles.

f_DSCN1853m_d1fc437.jpg

After the cement screeding, the uncle coat the cement with some brown clay powder and use the mold to imprint on the floor, stepping on it to get the design cut into the cement.. Never knew its such hard work.. nxt time when walk on the pavement, must appreciate more.

The hall curtain has been a big headache.. happy to know that we really manage to get it done with Ikea rods! Hurray.. thats a big piece off my mum's mind.

Modified Ikea hooks

f_DSCN1852m_ddf1c5c.jpg

My living room with the rods and hooks mounted

f_DSCN1858m_0b83ed5.jpg

Close-up view of the hooks mounted under the beam

f_DSCN1856m_72d90f8.jpg

sam07

our flat beam (near living room) is curve (rounded), we can use the ikea rod for the curtain? if can, i will go get it. how much is that?

btw, are you using the softclosing hinges & drawers rollers from ikea? how much is that? i was thinking to opt to use that if ID can't get me the blum system.

ermm... after putting in the screw, i tried with the rod on and secure the screw only when the rod fit in. So, the rod is still straight against the curve of the underbeam if u look from bottom up.

not sure u got wat i mean? if u wanna c, let me know but probably can only do it on comin sat, unless its weekday nite (afterwork), which i only have Fri available.

if u buy the ikea rod, buy the longest one with the extension part, all completed in 1 set..

just saw your this post. could i (w hubby) come over this sat if available? or possible to snap a close-up pix? cos' hubby will be away for reservist on Fri (office hrs) & wkends (likely)

I am also worried about the curve line.. that's why havent get the curtain yet.. coz undecided whether to DIY or get others to install which cost more of coz :)

Hi Kelvin

What workshop for this fri evening?

I am free on Fri evening.

Do sms me lah.

Can drop by hour of the evening.

HAPPY

can have a workshop this Friday evening or Sat? :D

It's been a really long and tiring process - renovation work.

Finally i'm beginning to see it taking forms.

Fold door is up, not 100% satisfied (little flaws here and there), but still, heng arh... it turns out presentable, normal.. like how a door suppose to look :jawdrop: i think i'm a bit paranoid over the reno.. haha.

f_DSCN1863m_cc9b9fd.jpgf_DSCN1864m_f286623.jpg

The wardrobes are up. (MBR looks ok, but too bad, they made a mistake on the laminate for my room, doors are torn down for replacement.)

MBR - with a 3rd door (mirror)

f_DSCN1865m_82daf48.jpgf_DSCN1866m_2c48b3c.jpgf_DSCN1867m_93234f1.jpg

My kitchen cabinet is up as well.. laminate looks nice.. like i say, small flaws here n there.

ID was fast in getting the solid top installed, within 2-3 days of installing the cabinet. BUT he made a blunder in the design of the solid top, which turns out not to be what we want - something which my mum has been emphasizing.. so, now, pending to resolve it. Accept it as it is? NO WAY.. Change the solid top? then the ID surely will make a big time lost..

no conclusion yet.

f_DSCN1859m_00eb56b.jpg

Really innovative with that folding door feature, makes the other room look like a "hidden room" or also a balcony. The solid top having error? Gosh, hope they can rectify without any extra charges.

Hi SAM

Notice your kitchen is using glossy white lamainated? You really fully make use of all the kitchen space, err...where is your washing machine?

Very nice and bright!

Your fold door looks great. You intend to open it everyday?

Wow...cant wait to see how it looks like when your new sofa, tv, etc..all move in.

Cheers!:bow:

HAPPY

sam07

could i know where you got your floor tiles? from LSH?

Sorry for the late reply.. been too busy.

Nope, its from Hafary. I think Hafary's aftrsales service is not bad, at least when they realise warping due to tiles, they admit n change new tiles.