Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kingzkong

Anybody In Yung Sheng Rd? (july 07 Ballot)

Good loh, got 'gao ren' guide u.. :D

Ok lah, I read somewhere other ppl aso took 2 days to wire up. Can save abt $1000++ in electrical works.. So when u plan to move in??

L3x

yah, cos i got pple to quote mi, and the lowest quote i got was $1300, the reason was always "copper price going up and up and up... expensive" (including installation of lights), then i oso got too many changes le... haha... :dancingqueen:

I wanted to move in as soon as its done, but my wife say, ask mi to stay myself!! :( wkend then she come over... so i say then might as well we wkend then go over and stay... haha... :sport-smiley-004: cos if i go over there stay alone, scared next day cant get up to work... nw at my parents' place, at least got my mom to wake mi up wat!! haha.... :notti:

so conclusion is, i wont b moving in "full time" la... mayb happy happy then stay lor... or if next day no need to work then stay lor... haha... anyway, havent bought the furnitures and electrical appliances... so go there is really slp onli lor... haha.... bo bian, the whole reno nw comes out to b $30k... :deal: tis includes my air-con, all accessories (toilets), all lights... and ofcos all my water pipes, (which was not quoted in my reno contract one), and some other small items... (oh yah, i bought the glass toilet basin for both toilets :notti: !!) so the furnishing got to wait and buy slowly lor... :(

hopefully the GSS got something that we can buy!! :notti::sport-smiley-003:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi hi again ...

i changed ... around 850 for 3 room doors ... changed to veneer doors ...

the current HDB doors really cannot make it , thats what me and my wife thinks ... so change loh

We change too. We r lucky to pick-up 3 relatively new solid doors from friends and such for free, but pay for transport to get them to our place, but sizes are off, so we manage to get someone to re-size, installed for $80 per door. We are going to paint them though (in renovation package), cost too much to sand and re-varnish them.

Eh.... not really i did the whole wiring thingy la... but my FIL, my little wife, and her uncle lor... her uncle is an ex-electrician, so he guide, i do lor... haha... :notti:

I got the basic knowledge onli la... cos last time i study mechatronics... so got learn electrical oso... but onli "pi mao"... haha... i onli know got Red/Brown , Black/Blue, and Green/Green & Yellow... haha...Live, Neutral, Earth respectively.... tats all i know... the rest return to teacher le... 8|

but we not pro, and first time do this kind of thing... end up wasting 2days... argh.... :( cos i know DC circuit more than AC circuit.... :bleah:

Wah.... save alot leh... :jawdrop:

Furnishings can cost quite a sum, especially for couple like most of u in this forum dat are currently staying wif parents. We have some pieces and appliances and we still spent about 5k...

yah, cos i got pple to quote mi, and the lowest quote i got was $1300, the reason was always "copper price going up and up and up... expensive" (including installation of lights), then i oso got too many changes le... haha... :dancingqueen:

I wanted to move in as soon as its done, but my wife say, ask mi to stay myself!! :( wkend then she come over... so i say then might as well we wkend then go over and stay... haha... :sport-smiley-004: cos if i go over there stay alone, scared next day cant get up to work... nw at my parents' place, at least got my mom to wake mi up wat!! haha.... :notti:

so conclusion is, i wont b moving in "full time" la... mayb happy happy then stay lor... or if next day no need to work then stay lor... haha... anyway, havent bought the furnitures and electrical appliances... so go there is really slp onli lor... haha.... bo bian, the whole reno nw comes out to b $30k... :deal: tis includes my air-con, all accessories (toilets), all lights... and ofcos all my water pipes, (which was not quoted in my reno contract one), and some other small items... (oh yah, i bought the glass toilet basin for both toilets :notti: !!) so the furnishing got to wait and buy slowly lor... :(

hopefully the GSS got something that we can buy!! :notti::sport-smiley-003:

Y ur wife dun wana move in as soon as its done?? Wasted.. ;)

Wah.... save alot leh... :jawdrop:

Furnishings can cost quite a sum, especially for couple like most of u in this forum dat are currently staying wif parents. We have some pieces and appliances and we still spent about 5k...

Ya, true..

All of u still not bad, got furniture to bring over. Mine mostly buy buy buy.. :wacko::blink::~

L3x

Y ur wife dun wana move in as soon as its done?? Wasted.. ;)

Ya, true..

All of u still not bad, got furniture to bring over. Mine mostly buy buy buy.. :wacko::blink::~

L3x

Bo bian leh... my wife very conservative type one :bangwall: ... haha... cos she say havent customary.... hahaha.... :sport-smiley-004: dont know la... c how things go lor... :bleah:

ya, MLR is rite, they moving hse one, last time got those things le... so can spend lesser... not like us... :help: need to buy so many things... hai... SIANZ!!! zz but my MIL say she got some appliances that she can gave us one, and its brand new ones!! haha... but a bit redundent... cos cooker leh! haha... think most of the time will "da bao" one lor... haha... unless wkend lor... :good:

Ya, true..

L3x

Bo bian leh... my wife very conservative type one :bangwall: ... haha... cos she say havent customary.... hahaha.... :sport-smiley-004: dont know la... c how things go lor... :bleah:

ya, MLR is rite, they moving hse one, last time got those things le... so can spend lesser... not like us... :help: need to buy so many things... hai... SIANZ!!! zz but my MIL say she got some appliances that she can gave us one, and its brand new ones!! haha... but a bit redundent... cos cooker leh! haha... think most of the time will "da bao" one lor... haha... unless wkend lor... :good:

My cents worth of advise is to get wat you NEED 1st, we make a list of stuff dat we need to function normally and a list of things we want to get :deal: . So dat everytime we save some $ on the things we need (from warehouse/clearance sales), we can get something we want too. ;)

Do accept whatever gifts you'll receive and maybe can trade them in this forum or sell them in yahoo/ebay... think Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. :sport-smiley-004:

My cents worth of advise is to get wat you NEED 1st, we make a list of stuff dat we need to function normally and a list of things we want to get :deal: . So dat everytime we save some $ on the things we need (from warehouse/clearance sales), we can get something we want too. ;)

Do accept whatever gifts you'll receive and maybe can trade them in this forum or sell them in yahoo/ebay... think Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. :sport-smiley-004:

ALAMAK!!! r u an ambasssador for saving GAIA??? haha.... :P juz joking... hmmm... ya, tats wat i did alr... haha... but bo bian... new hse really got to buy a lot of those "needs" things... and a whole lot chunk of "wants" hahaha.... :dribble:

and although its "needs", i still wan to get something i feel comfortable one, like a nice sofa, a comfortable dining table... cos u will b seeing it everyday... so muz really get something that u really like ones... if not everyday go back see that "junk" sofa or that "unmatching" dining table, see long oso sian ar... haha... :D

Juz my tots!! zz

Hi guys

Theres a Fisher & Paykel warehouse sales coming up in June, 19th to 21st. Address: 150 Ubi Ave 4, #02-00 Sunlight Building. 1pm to 6pm.

Cheers

Edited by MLR

Oh ok.. Den 'An Chuan' how huh?? Can anyone enlighten me..

:unsure:

Hi guys

Theres a Fisher & Paykel warehouse sales coming up in June, 19th to 21st. Address: 150 Ubi Ave 4, #02-00 Sunlight Building. 1pm to 6pm.

Cheers

Hi Marie,

thx for sharing.. U shortlisting F&P fridge??

GSS coming.. Many furnishings to buy..

:sport-smiley-004::rofl::sport-smiley-004:

L3x

Hi Marie,

thx for sharing.. U shortlisting F&P fridge??

GSS coming.. Many furnishings to buy..

:sport-smiley-004::rofl::sport-smiley-004:

L3x

We are bringing our Mit fridge over, but we r changing to a bigger washer and a dryer from the "WANT" list.

After much research, we decide on F & P washer cos Asian top load washer quite high energy consumption. 6kg using 350W to 400W, front loader an astonishing 2000W... :jawdrop: F & P using direct drive technology= save lots of energy, 200W for a 8.5kg, jus dat if motor breaks down wil cost more for parts, but they r giving 5 years warranty for motor :thumbs up: . Currently we are doing 6 to 8 loads a week, so changing to a 8.5kg or 10 kg will lessen the no of wash. This happens when u have kid(s), we do 2 loads a week jus his clothes and beddings! F & P products lasts quite long too, got friends whose F &P fridge is 12+ years, washer 10+ yrs too. We r still deciding on gas dryer by Rinnai or F & P electric one, costs about the same but gas dryer only comes in 5 kg load...... :dunno:

We bought all our beddings during GSS :dribble: last year, 60% to 70% off. I wil post any warehouse sales or good lobang dat I come to know in this thread.

:yamseng:

Hi Nex

Do u hv a reno blog? Post some pics to share leh.... so I can poach some ideas.... : P

Oh ok.. Den 'An Chuan' how huh?? Can anyone enlighten me..

:unsure:

L3x

eh.... sorry ar.... but wat is "An Chuan"?? is my hanyu pinyin half pail water or u typr wrongly?? hahaha... :bleah:

Hi Nex

Do u hv a reno blog? Post some pics to share leh.... so I can poach some ideas.... : P

heehee.... seriously, i dont really know tis system very well, so i didnt set it up... haha.... :dancingqueen:

hahaha.... been trying to understand how the blog thingy works.... finally got it up and running le.... heehee... :notti: so do check it out k!! ;)

Pls Click here: Nex Reno-t Blog

Edited by Nex

eh.... sorry ar.... but wat is "An Chuan"?? is my hanyu pinyin half pail water or u typr wrongly?? hahaha... :bleah:

heehee.... seriously, i dont really know tis system very well, so i didnt set it up... haha.... :dancingqueen:

AN Chuan mean the bed fixing( fengshui ) for new new couples bah ... :)

Hi Felix,

Can give me your contact for the room doors? The cheapest i gotten is 305 per door if i change the lock to those horizontal ones...

Havent's been here for quite awhile...busy cleaning my new house and preparing to move in this coming Sunday.

Hi Felix,

Can give me your contact for the room doors? The cheapest i gotten is 305 per door if i change the lock to those horizontal ones...

Havent's been here for quite awhile...busy cleaning my new house and preparing to move in this coming Sunday.

Moving in wow ...thats fast ...

I ask my ID for you ... Coz its together with the qoute .

I will get back to you by Sms or i will call you :)