Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bfg100k

Lightbulb Pulsing When In Off Position!

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has come across this situation before. I bought a resale appt and found two light fixtures without bulbs in them. Thinking the ex-owners were too lazy to replace, I just went along to buy the necessary bulbs to set it up. However, on screwing in the bulb (those philip twister type), I started to notice that there is actually current running thru the bulb! Not a constant current but a plusing type. kind of like flickering but at a regular interval roughly 1-2 secs apart. Also, the current seems to be very small cuz the entire bulb does not like up, just a faint pluse which is not even detectable should I put on the light cover.

I'm suspecting that its a cause of wrong wiring but I don't know where to start looking for the problem. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

I must first say that I am no electrician and neither am I trying to scare U.

However, I have seen first hand, very badly burnt (almost electrocuted) patient due to mishandling or mishap in dealing with electrical faults. Please quickly get a qualified electrician (means got gahment licence) to check this for U.

Life is very precious.

Take care.