Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Qn: How Long Do You All Normall Use Your Aircon Before Changing?

How long do people usually use their aircon before changing ?

I read that usually after 5 years the aircon should change already. Is it true? Does anyone change their aircon every 5 years? Or just bochup and keep using till spoil?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I read that usually after 5 years the aircon should change already. Is it true? Does anyone change their aircon every 5 years? Or just bochup and keep using till spoil?

LOL... i think the average joe will use and repair until a stage you have to KEEP repairing/servicing .. lol..

LOL... i think the average joe will use and repair until a stage you have to KEEP repairing/servicing .. lol..

Yup! The moment you realise you have to keep repairing/servicing/replace parts .... that's clear enough signals that you'd be better off with new aircons. Approximately 7 years.

or is it that your house comes with a old aircon? then better change new one.

or is it that your house comes with a old aircon? then better change new one.

Yeah my new place has a old aircon but that isnt the reason why i asked this.

I am just curious cause I been doing aircon hunting and people keep telling us that aircon after 5 years should change, so find it quite interesting to see if anyone really does that

I have come across many old flats. Seems like ppl do not "update" their aircons for the sake of updating. Spoil then change.

Last time.. aircon design change often.. window.. to split.. to high efficiency.. to inverter.. Past few yrs.. changes mostly due to green tea filter... this worth changing meh?

I have come across many old flats. Seems like ppl do not "update" their aircons for the sake of updating. Spoil then change.

Last time.. aircon design change often.. window.. to split.. to high efficiency.. to inverter.. Past few yrs.. changes mostly due to green tea filter... this worth changing meh?

Simi is green tea filter?

Nowadays new technology run out of names?

Prolly someday, we see chawanmushi filter?

Lately.. many brands have a filter element known as "catechin" which is from green tea leaves. Suppose to improve air freshness.

http://sg.lge.com/ir/html/ABboards.do?acti...leases_read.jsp

http://www.fujitsu-aircon.com.sg/multi.htm

So.. AC efficiency din change last few yrs.. no reason to "update".

:rofl::rofl:

i taking over 5 year old aircon unit.. seller say is good condition and seldom on... so intend to keep it....

me also the same,really want to change new one, but no money liao after reno :bangwall:

I think it depends on the condition of the aircond. I kept mine - 5 years resale flat.

I've done servicing. 2 chemical wash - for those use often and just normal wash for the other one. Just hope that it's okay.

Notice that my aircon ledge is always wet. Not soaking wet but can see trails of water. Definitely not from the rain so I guess it must be the compressor. Is it a norm? Juz installed the aircon a few mths back only. :(

My aircon already 10yrs and is still running good. Wear and tear sure have la.. If you maintain it regularly 15yrs plus should be no problem. Unless one of your aircon's part spoilt and is too expensive to change it, then is the time you get a new one instead.