Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skywolf

Our Home Sweet Home...

Applefreak,

Was reading yr blog and noticed tt you are using Eubiq also! My hb likes it and was thinking to affix it too. Any feedback abt it since i gathered you had used it for abt 1 yr+? The sales staff told me it's not a new product and had been in SG for abt 2 yrs; but i nv noticed it when i walked by those self-fix or simi-fix shops. :dancingqueen:

triangle rule not FS. lol

its abt how kitchens should be designed to maximize space and ease of "using" the kitchen.

lol

what themes have you decided to reno your place??

Oh i see... paiseh, me blur sotong here...

Themes ah... we didnt have a fixed theme lor. So far we had decided we are looking at island kitchen, platform bed in MBR , platform @ top part of living rm there + ex-balcony (oh yah, the balcony had been hacked and levelled, leaving the stupid beam on top), and a bar counter @ opp side of the living rm - windows facing corridor there - right side corner. Think it's rojak. Hahaha!! :yamseng::wacko:

Applefreak,

Was reading yr blog and noticed tt you are using Eubiq also! My hb likes it and was thinking to affix it too. Any feedback abt it since i gathered you had used it for abt 1 yr+? The sales staff told me it's not a new product and had been in SG for abt 2 yrs; but i nv noticed it when i walked by those self-fix or simi-fix shops. :dancingqueen:

its abt how kitchens should be designed to maximize space and ease of "using" the kitchen.

lol

Themes ah... we didnt have a fixed theme lor. So far we had decided we are looking at island kitchen, platform bed in MBR , platform @ top part of living rm there + ex-balcony (oh yah, the balcony had been hacked and levelled, leaving the stupid beam on top), and a bar counter @ opp side of the living rm - windows facing corridor there - right side corner. Think it's rojak. Hahaha!! :idea::sport-smiley-004:

Applefreak,

lol

Themes ah... we didnt have a fixed theme lor. So far we had decided we are looking at island kitchen, platform bed in MBR , platform @ top part of living rm there + ex-balcony (oh yah, the balcony had been hacked and levelled, leaving the stupid beam on top), and a bar counter @ opp side of the living rm - windows facing corridor there - right side corner. Think it's rojak. Hahaha!! :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi Applefreak,

What's this abt triangle rule? FS reason? Sorry, haven gone thru tt and knw nuts abt FS... :sport-smiley-004:

the triangle is more about workflow in the kitchen

having the stove, sink and fridge in a triangle means min moving around while preparing a meal

also helps reduce spills when you get things to / from the fridge :sport-smiley-004:

Applefreak,

Was reading yr blog and noticed tt you are using Eubiq also! My hb likes it and was thinking to affix it too. Any feedback abt it since i gathered you had used it for abt 1 yr+? The sales staff told me it's not a new product and had been in SG for abt 2 yrs; but i nv noticed it when i walked by those self-fix or simi-fix shops. :yamseng:

i just shifted into my nest in sep 07, so using it for about 3mths?

my mum likes it very much coz she don't have to get us to plug in and out each appliance

personally find that it's really cool to be able to plug all six or seven appliances in and just twist to switch it on

only grouse is the wires hanging from the track

guess you'll have to measure very correctly so that you won't see so many dangling wires :wacko::idea:

Edited by applefreak

the triangle is more about workflow in the kitchen

having the stove, sink and fridge in a triangle means min moving around while preparing a meal

also helps reduce spills when you get things to / from the fridge :deal:

i just shifted into my nest in sep 07, so using it for about 3mths?

my mum likes it very much coz she don't have to get us to plug in and out each appliance

personally find that it's really cool to be able to plug all six or seven appliances in and just twist to switch it on

only grouse is the wires hanging from the track

guess you'll have to measure very correctly so that you won't see so many dangling wires :unsure:8|

Yay! no need to retype... guessed the post went thru even though y'day i saw this 'webpg cannot b loaded' after clicking ok. :bangwall:

Oh, so it's recommended to be in a triangle... Hmm... ok... will take note. :P

Wires from track are hanging?? Huh... how come? Was yours a customised track or you bought those standard lengths? Any pic to show so that I can 'screw' the Eubiq ppl to make them ensure no dangline wires when we are purchasing ours? 8|

Hi Skywolf!

lookin4change from sgbrides... Welcome to Renotalk..

Good buy.. and am sure Mace will approve of the square layout... FS wise!!

Happy New Year to all the resident and non-resident spammers... :bangwall:

Oh, so it's recommended to be in a triangle... Hmm... ok... will take note. :)

Wires from track are hanging?? Huh... how come? Was yours a customised track or you bought those standard lengths? Any pic to show so that I can 'screw' the Eubiq ppl to make them ensure no dangline wires when we are purchasing ours? :yamseng:

it's recommended that these three items be as close to one another as possible

the triangle is a favourite, though in a straight line is as fine

however, our kitchen too small to have them in a straight line without two of them quite close to each other

sink and stove should be as least a foot apart, and the sink is usually positioned far away from power points :P

i got the standard length one, not wire dangling when the eubiq pple install

it's the appliances' wire dangling when i plug them in like this

res_4.jpg

Hi Skywolf!

lookin4change from sgbrides... Welcome to Renotalk..

Good buy.. and am sure Mace will approve of the square layout... FS wise!!

Happy New Year to all the resident and non-resident spammers... :P

AAAHHH!:P Where did you mia-ed to? I wanna see your hse pics! :P

Yah, i rather like the squarish look. Hehehe~~ :yamseng:

however, our kitchen too small to have them in a straight line without two of them quite close to each other

sink and stove should be as least a foot apart, and the sink is usually positioned far away from power points :P

res_4.jpg

Oh. A foot... how long is tt? In meters?

Gah... the wires dangling is an ugly sight... after the chio eubiq sys... but thinking of it, if each power switch is placed @ the current layout in the pic, i think it's a bigger mess. :)

Chup 1 leg here.....even though I dont use Eubiq...but I saw a news article in the papers recently, thk they're moving into equiping hotels with Eubiq....cant rem isit spore....

So hence, their pdts shd be gd lah....u guys using Eubiq are ahead of our times..... :P

Skali, in future, Eubiq can b found at all hotels..... :yamseng:

Oh. A foot... how long is tt? In meters?

Gah... the wires dangling is an ugly sight... after the chio eubiq sys... but thinking of it, if each power switch is placed @ the current layout in the pic, i think it's a bigger mess. :P

a foot is about 30.48cm, add to that 3ft each for stove and sink

that's 7ft (213cm) min with no countertop space

whose kitchen can afford? :yamseng::)

that's why must do proper planning

if plan the height well then will look like this liao

res_3.jpg

res_9.jpg

Chup 1 leg here.....even though I dont use Eubiq...but I saw a news article in the papers recently, thk they're moving into equiping hotels with Eubiq....cant rem isit spore....

So hence, their pdts shd be gd lah....u guys using Eubiq are ahead of our times..... :D

Skali, in future, Eubiq can b found at all hotels..... :(

Oh really? They copied us! 8|8| Joking joking. Anyway, tt was an idea which my hb gave me. I was a bit skeptical; i mean, we had been using the gd old switches for donkey yrs, suddenly came out this new kid on the block. :blink: Happened to see it @ Vivo's self-fix (or dunno wat-fix) store @ basement, and was surprised it seems not bad... :good:

a foot is about 30.48cm, add to that 3ft each for stove and sink

that's 7ft (213cm) min with no countertop space

whose kitchen can afford? !! :unsure:

that's why must do proper planning

if plan the height well then will look like this liao

3 ft for stove and sink? Oh gosh... Oh dear... is the distance a rough gauge or anything tied to it?

Hey, those btm 2 pics look much nicer. I believed only the kitchen has the slightly higher height. Cant put them lower else water may splash into it. Hb intends to use it for living rm tv area and study area. Can't imagine e cost. ;)

Hey hey guys, any ideas on the kitchen walkway? I'm still stumped... Any idea if the beam can be removed (from last time's door to balcony i think)... :o

actually can mount any height coz won't be putting it anywhere near the sink lah

appliances cannot kenna water one mah, so won't be a problem :notti:

3ft for sink and stove is a rough guide

my sink is 86cm and my stove also 86cm

my bottom cabinet (6ft) + sink support (4ft) is 10ft liao leh

check out this blog entry and you'll get what i mean

got pix of the messy eubiq track dangling wires too

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...284&cat=213

Edited by applefreak

I have the intention of having it install in my new kitchen wall.

How to calculate the cost?

sink and stove should be as least a foot apart, and the sink is usually positioned far away from power points :notti:

res_4.jpg

they have standard sized tracks 60cm / 90cm / 120cm

but i'd not recommend the kitchen track coz i didn't use the towel hanger or hook that comes with it

no point paying more for it loh

go down to homefix ikea to check it out, you can find out everything you need to know there :notti:

:angry:

actually can mount any height coz won't be putting it anywhere near the sink lah

appliances cannot kenna water one mah, so won't be a problem

No lah... was thinking abt overspills from kettle or whatever pot mah. I already had overspilled water in my office and it's near to the socket. One fine day will short circuit the whole office. :P

I'm nv gd at calculations based on a floor plan. Hope there's suff space for my island kitchen... :notti:

never too late spam!:dunno:

Gooder good good house layout!:angry::good:

Thank you! Haven gone thru the FS part yet though... :unsure:

I have the intention of having it install in my new kitchen wall.

How to calculate the cost?

As Applefreak had mentioned, can check out Ikea. I saw it last wkend @ Vivo's self-fix @ basement. Just a small display area only.

Think I am the last one to Spam. :sport-smiley-004:

U got a veri big hse and good price. ;)

Hee... other than the cov which was intially meant for reno, i think it's not bad too... + 40k grant... hoot!