Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nipponho

Copper Pipe Change

Hi, does anyone knows how often should we change copper pipes in toilet? Contractor told me that I need to change copper pipe but to me it was functioning OK. He said that if it is many years old, it will give problems, so better to change it. True or not? $700 over dollars.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, does anyone knows how often should we change copper pipes in toilet? Contractor told me that I need to change copper pipe but to me it was functioning OK. He said that if it is many years old, it will give problems, so better to change it. True or not? $700 over dollars.

never heard of.....

never heard of.....

I believe copper pipes can last for many many years. we have not changed our copper pipes at our old hse for more than 20 years. if some of the corners are using joints, perhaps from time to time there maybe some leaks, but u just need to change the 'white tape' ( or whatever u call it) and tighten back. that's it.

no need to worry.

Thanks LengMianXia. This reaffirms my believe that no one should trust contractors or IDs 100%.

What about another scenario, if i want to move my basin a little bit, less than 1 metre, plus, move the shower point to the other side of the wall? Can u add on and extend by glueing?

I heard that for aircons, if u want to move the position of the blower, all the copper pipings must discard & replace, cannot add on and extend.

Thanks LengMianXia. This reaffirms my believe that no one should trust contractors or IDs 100%.

What about another scenario, if i want to move my basin a little bit, less than 1 metre, plus, move the shower point to the other side of the wall? Can u add on and extend by glueing?

I heard that for aircons, if u want to move the position of the blower, all the copper pipings must discard & replace, cannot add on and extend.

You can always put a joint and extend. no problem. however, with more joints, got slightly higher chance of water leaks over time but ok 1. can be fixed by replacing the white piping tape and re-tightened.

How about changing the whole thing to PVC? Can it be done? Save all the trouble of joining. PVC should be quite cheap, isn't it?

no point lah. copper is much better than pvc. ppl spend hundreds of dollars to change from pvc to copper and not the other way round. chaning from copper to pvc is like changing a BMW to a toyota.

no point lah. copper is much better than pvc. ppl spend hundreds of dollars to change from pvc to copper and not the other way round. chaning from copper to pvc is like changing a BMW to a toyota.

i beg to differ - it's from BMW to a china made cherrykillkill(90% guarantee death or permanent disability when crash at 60km/h) wahahha

Edited by MaCe

Is it? PVC so lao ya one? But it looks nicer than copper.

I also dunno should I change from PVC to copper pipe? Anyone has used PVC pipe for a long time? Any feedback?

I also dunno should I change from PVC to copper pipe? Anyone has used PVC pipe for a long time? Any feedback?

My parent's house have not changed her PVC pipe since purchase. Moved in 1985. Have no leakage problem at all.

My parent's house have not changed her PVC pipe since purchase. Moved in 1985. Have no leakage problem at all.

How abt ur house? I heard the PVC pipes after a long time will have moulds on its exterior is it true?

How abt ur house? I heard the PVC pipes after a long time will have moulds on its exterior is it true?

My previous house was about the same age. My new house now is 7 years old (even though we are only just moving in) and we do not intent to change the pipe.

If PVC mouldy or OR OR, can scrub away, and can be painted. I also did not change mine, but bec i hack away toilet wall tiles, so the piping inside toilet has to be dismantled. I believe many naive and innocent homeowners re run the entire piping unnecessarily bec they were psychoed by ID.

If PVC mouldy or OR OR, can scrub away, and can be painted. I also did not change mine, but bec i hack away toilet wall tiles, so the piping inside toilet has to be dismantled. I believe many naive and innocent homeowners re run the entire piping unnecessarily bec they were psychoed by ID.

So u mean that it is not necessary to change into copper pipes since both PVC and copper pipes are good?