Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

Kajua Nest

Hi Kajua,

Wishes your reno will go smoothly as planned. Ideal House is also under my shortlist of ID. Hope to hear more on your reno and their service provided.

:dunno:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Before going to choose tiles today brought the Ideal House ID (Steven and Max) to the house to do some measurement.

Wanted to ask them if we can change our sliding windows to casement but retain the grill. Save money mah :)

They measured the grills and said "Can". My FH was so happy as can save 1k. Then when he went to one of the rooms and pull a bit on one of the grill, the grill corner came apart :notti: Went around checking the grills and saw they were a bit koya .... :wub: End up decided to change the grills ;)

Another 1k to the bill :dribble:

Edited by kajua

Went down Hafary to choose tiles yesterday. Steven was telling us usually took around 3 hours to choose the tiles. I thought, cham ah, I so indecisive, think need to stay there overnight to choose tiles liao.

Surprisingly, we only took 1.5 hours to choose all the tiles. Maybe because we were trying to stick to the max tile rate stated in the reno package, hence, that sort of limit our search. Nevertheless, some of the tiles still exceed the max tile rate :P Steven was kind enough to close one eye, didn't increase our quote :rolleyes:

Choosing of living and bedroom tile was pretty easy. We managed to decide on the tile within 10 mins.

Living, dining and bedroom tile

FloorTiles.jpg

It was the toilet and kitchen wall and floor tiles that gave us a headache. Luckily we roughly have an idea of the color scheme and Steven and the staff at Hafary were able to give good advise on the combination and design.

Kitchen tile

Kitchen.jpg

MBR Toilet tile (hope it won't turn out too dark :P )

MBR_Toilet.jpg

Common Toilet tile (saw this combination during my china trip. like the refreshing feel of the lime green tile)

Common_Toilet.jpg

After choosing the tiles, while my FH and Steven were doing the final discussion, I went to the washroom at Hafary. Wow, their toilet design was nice too!:dancingqueen::wub: haha... for once i thought of changing the tiles for my MBR toilet and adopt their design too :D see!!!! indecisive + flickle-minded!!! in the end, still kept to my initial choice

Hi Kajua,

Wishes your reno will go smoothly as planned. Ideal House is also under my shortlist of ID. Hope to hear more on your reno and their service provided.

:deal:

Hi Redwyrm,

So far our experience with Steven and Max from ideal house is good. They are very quick in responding. Had went to choose tiles with them. I like the lime green tiles, but was having problem matching the floor tiles. Steven managed to come out with a design idea where the green color will not be too overwhelming, so i can still use the color. hehe

Hi Redwyrm,

So far our experience with Steven and Max from ideal house is good. They are very quick in responding. Had went to choose tiles with them. I like the lime green tiles, but was having problem matching the floor tiles. Steven managed to come out with a design idea where the green color will not be too overwhelming, so i can still use the color. hehe

Glad to hear that... :P May I know the reno budget for your flat?

Btw I still waiting for the keys to my new flat.. :wub:

Glad to hear that... :sport-smiley-004: May I know the reno budget for your flat?

Btw I still waiting for the keys to my new flat.. :notti:

We basically hack and replace everything, quote was about 32-33k.

We basically hack and replace everything, quote was about 32-33k.

mine is a 5 room new flat so i think will be roughly that budget also.. Trying to get a quote from Kenneth but he is very popular and busy now and was told can only look for him after CNY.. anyway can still wait cuz havent get keys yet.. :)

Your kitchen floor tile is it those rough surface so it wont be so slippery? and you toilet tiles look very nice.. :dunno:

Went down Hafary to choose tiles yesterday. Steven was telling us usually took around 3 hours to choose the tiles. I thought, cham ah, I so indecisive, think need to stay there overnight to choose tiles liao.

Surprisingly, we only took 1.5 hours to choose all the tiles. Maybe because we were trying to stick to the max tile rate stated in the reno package, hence, that sort of limit our search. Nevertheless, some of the tiles still exceed the max tile rate :P Steven was kind enough to close one eye, didn't increase our quote :)

Choosing of living and bedroom tile was pretty easy. We managed to decide on the tile within 10 mins.

Living, dining and bedroom tile

FloorTiles.jpg

It was the toilet and kitchen wall and floor tiles that gave us a headache. Luckily we roughly have an idea of the color scheme and Steven and the staff at Hafary were able to give good advise on the combination and design.

Kitchen tile

Kitchen.jpg

MBR Toilet tile (hope it won't turn out too dark :P )

MBR_Toilet.jpg

Common Toilet tile (saw this combination during my china trip. like the refreshing feel of the lime green tile)

Common_Toilet.jpg

After choosing the tiles, while my FH and Steven were doing the final discussion, I went to the washroom at Hafary. Wow, their toilet design was nice too!:yamseng::wub: haha... for once i thought of changing the tiles for my MBR toilet and adopt their design too :D see!:good:! indecisive + flickle-minded!:( in the end, still kept to my initial choice

hi kajua,

not sure whether we chose the same tiles for the common toilet, is the tile 1'x2'? we picked the green and white combination as well for our kitchen, it looks pretty striking.

hi kajua,

not sure whether we chose the same tiles for the common toilet, is the tile 1'x2'? we picked the green and white combination as well for our kitchen, it looks pretty striking.

Not sure the model number of the tile but there was only 2 tiles at Hafary with this green color. One had long strip pattern which was what we chose the other had the box pattern which we didnt like. So if yours is also the one with the long strip then it should be the same

Was so happy we could find this exact same shade we saw in a hotel toilet in China :good:

Today went to the house just to air it out , saw that the lift upgrading project has reached our floor!:P!

LiftUpgrade.jpg

:seeya:

Not sure the model number of the tile but there was only 2 tiles at Hafary with this green color. One had long strip pattern which was what we chose the other had the box pattern which we didnt like. So if yours is also the one with the long strip then it should be the same

Was so happy we could find this exact same shade we saw in a hotel toilet in China :dancingqueen:

Today went to the house just to air it out , saw that the lift upgrading project has reached our floor!:curse:!

LiftUpgrade.jpg

:yamseng:

yup, the one with long strip pattern. :fire: my kitchen is completed, will take some snaps and post in my blog after cleaning is done.

have a great weekend..

Met up with our ID last night to view the 3D drawings and select design for the grills, doors, etc. Like the design of our MBR and kitchen very much. Was a bit disappointed when i saw the 3D drawing for the toilets, seems a bit plain and dull to me but my htb say he like the idea and design. :P But then, the tiles was chosen by me, so can't complain :P Our ID said that the color shown in the drawings is slightly duller, hence may not reflect the actual look. Hopefully the completed toilet will look better :furious:

Paiseh, no scanner, so use handphone to take the pics

MBR

16012008_005_.jpg

Kitchen

16012008_002_.jpg

16012008_001_.jpg

Stove area

16012008.jpg

MBR Toilet

16012008_007_.jpg

16012008_006_.jpg

Common Toilet

16012008_004_.jpg

16012008_003_.jpg

the drawings are very nice, but a little impractical?

for the kitchen, the fridge is wedged between two tall cabinets

it'll be difficult for heat to dissipate, bad for the fridge in the long run

oven next to fridge also not a very sound idea, the heat generated while baking might damage the fridge :notti:

also, the stand-alone stove looks a little funny leh, where are you going to put pots with food temporarily to use the burner???

and hor, common bathroom no shower area ah?

sorry to be such a spoil-sport

just that i find that functionality is as important as looks

though i have to admit that the design is really !! :notti:

Hi Kajua.....

Its lovely dat ur kitchen seem to have 3 big window panes to look out to, I wld love to be able to look at scenery while I cook.... !!

But ur stove hor, might be abit harzardous in the longrun, looks abit accident-prone.....

For example, after u cook food, how ru going to pour it out of the frying pan since there doesnt seem to be space at all next to it.....imagine u be carrying a steaming hot frying pan ard to ur workstation. If got kids, veli dangerous leh.....mabbe u cld do a pull-up flap or smething for ur small workstation?

Just a suggestion....lovely 3D drawings... :notti:

Thanks all for the valuable feedback. Need to place the stove at that area due to Fengshui reason. Actually I did consider about the space problem at the stove area. Was expecting a longer cabinet too My ID say the length is 4ft, so am still trying to figure out how much space I will have after putting the stove. Probably like what greycat suggest, do a foldable or pull-up flap :notti:

applefreak, now that you mention about the heat, sounds logical. looks like must reconsider the cabinet design liao. there will be a shower kerb in the common toilet, ID didn't include in the drawing :P