Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

hi

hows your renovation ?

kitchen matters

Hello, Thanks for your input! You seem knowledgeable and noticed you mentioned your "channel", are you in the oven business?

Renovation has just started not too long, electrical works & ceiling works are in progress now. Estimate handover time still not known. Keeping fingers crossed that we can move in before CNY :)

Think we will more or less be going for non-catalytic Ariston or Turbo brands, somehow quite apprehensive about the self-cleaning panels, cos in the end we still have to wipe the panels that are not self-cleaning, so find it abit pointless...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
For FD 61.1ICE is going to discon't soon and the difference are as follows;

FD61.1ICE is 56 litres as for FZ62C.1IX is 58 litres

Both comes with 6 cooking programs . Tangential ventilation triple layer glass door , 1 tray and 2 grids BUT the differnce are :

*** FZ62C.1IX is auto cut off ( it means that once alarm or the timer end it will cut off the temperature and the whole oven operation will stop ) BUT for FD 61.1ICE it only comes with a minute timer ( it means it will only alarm u but you have to off the oven yourselves - In short to say it will not cut off the operation )

*** FZ62C.1IX comes with 3 self clean panels ( left , right , back of the cavity. ) tis will absorb the oil while doing grilling , it will only minimize your cleaning as the bottom of the oven you still need to clean . And after some time you need to change the panels ( i think it cos $100 plus ) once it drills oil cos the panel is full of oil and need to be change ( cannot wash as it will spoilt.)

I find that both oven got its pro and cons , most will chose FZ62 but for design look i think FD61.1ICE look sleek :) or you may also consider Electrolux EOB31002X Oven @ $699.00 ? I went to the store just now and saw the oven look sleek too :) As Electrolux also comes with 3 burnes glass top :)

*** As DZG 830 G does not have stock now as for the shippment theres no advise and FZ62C.1IX also no stock and shippment to be advise and lastly FD61.1ICE discont soon. You may also consider TEP830 Glass hob by Tenkei , is a new brand on the market and their oven is very basic too . TEK 62 at $459.00 ( 6 cooking programs , stainless steel oven )

btw wheny ou need all the products :)

For oven actually with or with auto cut off timer is ok as now i notice that home owners dont use the cut off time as they prefer to use their own cooking time :) as the temperature will be maintain and you could do multi rack .

For self clean panels if you grill often is a plus but some home owners find that after some time the panels gt patchs on it and doesnt look nice on it .

kitchen matters

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thanks for the great help and really informative write up.

i will need the oven by the early next month. I know its abit rush but do u happen to have any pictures of TEP830 Glass hob and any price to quote? For oven wise i think i will still get FD61 cos it looks better.. Wonder if u have any price to quote or any stocks there?

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Any recommendations for one tat loves to bake? my current oven is Elba Classic been using it for 4 yrs now :) still going strong, i don't grill tat often as my current oven cant really grill nicely but no problem for the baking and my also hav the side panel of absorbing oil lay..need your advise as my budget is not tat high.. prefer similiar look to Ariston 51.2 type of look any other brand hav similar look? And saw the cuizino black oven tat look really cool but not much feedback about this brand for oven. :unsure:

My budget for the oven is 500-600 any good brands?

Thanks!! :P

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Any recommendations for one tat loves to bake? my current oven is Elba Classic been using it for 4 yrs now :) still going strong, i don't grill tat often as my current oven cant really grill nicely but no problem for the baking and my also hav the side panel of absorbing oil lay..need your advise as my budget is not tat high.. prefer similiar look to Ariston 51.2 type of look any other brand hav similar look? And saw the cuizino black oven tat look really cool but not much feedback about this brand for oven. :unsure:

My budget for the oven is 500-600 any good brands?

Thanks!! :P

hi Lily;

i would suggst a few brands example as Ariston , Indesit , Tenkei ( new brand in the market ) , Electrolux . As for Cuizino OV 728 or OV 738 it comes with 8 cooking programs . Certain programs may not be use at all but is good to have :)

You may consider Tenkei ( New Brand in the market ) Is having promotion at $499.00 , 6 cooking programs , Timer & Temperature knob .

Ariston FB51.2 IX basic oven is having promotion at $629 (but just abit of after sale service cos gt alot of bad feedback)

I feel that when chosing for an oven , check the door hinges ( if opening is lose , think twice ) and when closing the oven door the rubber gasket surrounding the door must be thick enough as i notice certain oven door when closing it bring out a loud band - cos the rubber gasket is thin in thickness . Go for your need is aother choice :) *** Choice a oven with turbo fan :) is important as the temperature is being distrubute evenly. And must have ventaliation from the front as it assit to cool down the oven so your kitchen cabinet will not peer off so easily :)

Just suggest that when using double grill is advise to use Max. Temp to cook the dishes. Cos if use this program and the temp. is not set to that , it may not cook well or grill well :)

Doing cookies advise to use baking tray and not the dripping tray that the oven comes with it ( as the dripping tray is for oil drip when grilling )

Always inform my friends is to heat up the oven once a month at top and botton heat for 20 mins. ( Temp. 200 degree ) - to burn away the moisture :)

Sorry for the late reply

Kitchen matters :)

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thanks for the great help and really informative write up.

i will need the oven by the early next month. I know its abit rush but do u happen to have any pictures of TEP830 Glass hob and any price to quote? For oven wise i think i will still get FD61 cos it looks better.. Wonder if u have any price to quote or any stocks there?

Hi lazydevil;

you may visit www.tenkeiworld.com to view TEP 830 G hob and is retail at $469.00 :) As for the Oven FD 61.1 ICE , i could check for you for the stock as is Discont soon , Great choice on this Oven as glass look matchs well with most colour cabinet :)

Oh almost forget , you plan to put your oven below the stove ? or on the cabinet ? Must leave some space if the fridge is near the oven as it may sweat the fridge .

Cos if the oven is below the stove (cos the stove is glass) is not so advisable as it may effect the hob :(

sorry for the late reply as busy lately

Kitchen Matters

Hello, Thanks for your input! You seem knowledgeable and noticed you mentioned your "channel", are you in the oven business?

Renovation has just started not too long, electrical works & ceiling works are in progress now. Estimate handover time still not known. Keeping fingers crossed that we can move in before CNY :)

Think we will more or less be going for non-catalytic Ariston or Turbo brands, somehow quite apprehensive about the self-cleaning panels, cos in the end we still have to wipe the panels that are not self-cleaning, so find it abit pointless...

Hi Joko ,

sorry for the late reply ; busy with some projects :(

Yes i'm in Kitchen Business as my love of Kitchen appliance runs down to 10 years but still more to learn :) Still learning and sharing with friends with ideas and more :) I'm more a consultant :)

Saw today Straits Time paper (under home section regards abt renovation that never complete the job and doing half way ) BTW where's your oven planning to install ? if beside a fridge , must leave some gap. and if below a stove , is best dont use Glass top as is not suitable .

Kitchen Matters

hi Lily;

i would suggst a few brands example as Ariston , Indesit , Tenkei ( new brand in the market ) , Electrolux . As for Cuizino OV 728 or OV 738 it comes with 8 cooking programs . Certain programs may not be use at all but is good to have :)

You may consider Tenkei ( New Brand in the market ) Is having promotion at $499.00 , 6 cooking programs , Timer & Temperature knob .

Ariston FB51.2 IX basic oven is having promotion at $629 (but just abit of after sale service cos gt alot of bad feedback)

I feel that when chosing for an oven , check the door hinges ( if opening is lose , think twice ) and when closing the oven door the rubber gasket surrounding the door must be thick enough as i notice certain oven door when closing it bring out a loud band - cos the rubber gasket is thin in thickness . Go for your need is aother choice :) *** Choice a oven with turbo fan :) is important as the temperature is being distrubute evenly. And must have ventaliation from the front as it assit to cool down the oven so your kitchen cabinet will not peer off so easily :)

Just suggest that when using double grill is advise to use Max. Temp to cook the dishes. Cos if use this program and the temp. is not set to that , it may not cook well or grill well :)

Doing cookies advise to use baking tray and not the dripping tray that the oven comes with it ( as the dripping tray is for oil drip when grilling )

Always inform my friends is to heat up the oven once a month at top and botton heat for 20 mins. ( Temp. 200 degree ) - to burn away the moisture :)

Sorry for the late reply

Thanks for the Great info!! Me currently using the Elba classic and is hav all the things you menitoned above. Is this brand Tenkei reliable?? Since its new how long are they in this business?? And the oven outlook is it all glass type? As i tot glass type looks more classicc and ease of maintenance as my current one is matt finish difficult to clean and will scatch if not careful. Thanks!!

Thanks for the Great info!! Me currently using the Elba classic and is hav all the things you menitoned above. Is this brand Tenkei reliable?? Since its new how long are they in this business?? And the oven outlook is it all glass type? As i tot glass type looks more classicc and ease of maintenance as my current one is matt finish difficult to clean and will scatch if not careful. Thanks!!

anyone can help me? i think most should be encountering the same with me but can u share your experience??

I think all new flat actually have the gas pipe running through their house and my kitchen design is similar to that above where my stove is on top of my oven...

so which means to say that the back of of my oven is where my gas pipe is....

will there be any concern in the even that i use my oven very often, the heat radiation from the oven and the gas pipe below???

Please help ugently................

We are looking for a pyroclytic oven, either the brandt FP867XS1 or the ariston OP 99 .

the prices are around the same so which one is better? the OP 99 seems to be a very new model.

Anyone know as a brand is brandt or ariston better? brandt is from france right? Ariston?

anyone can help me? i think most should be encountering the same with me but can u share your experience??

I think all new flat actually have the gas pipe running through their house and my kitchen design is similar to that above where my stove is on top of my oven...

so which means to say that the back of of my oven is where my gas pipe is....

will there be any concern in the even that i use my oven very often, the heat radiation from the oven and the gas pipe below???

Please help ugently................

Hihi,

my current oven sits below the stove and with the gas pipes behind no problem about tat. Just tat after fnish bakin i need to open the cupboard as it turns pretty hot ...hope this helps! :P

Hi :)

Most oven are using install 13 AMP ( i have check with a electrical person ) :) and most come with air blowing out from the front as it will cool down the oven when it reaches a high Temp. The only ting to take note is try not to put near a fridge as it may effect the fridge.

Once install oven , you have to heat up the oven first , mostly by Top and bottom heat with fan for about 20 mins and is best to do it once a month to prevent it from tripping the house :) - All oven need to do it :)

:) BTW which oven you looking at ?

hi kitchen_matters

the reason not to put oven beside fridge is to prevent overheating of fridge? oops, my oven and fridge are placed this way.... too late to make any changes. is this going to be a big problem?

thanks!

hi kitchen_matters

the reason not to put oven beside fridge is to prevent overheating of fridge? oops, my oven and fridge are placed this way.... too late to make any changes. is this going to be a big problem?

thanks!

Hi Satinchris ;

your built in oven cabinet should have some space away from the fridge cos when oven is doing any grilling or baking it may heat up the fridge and may sweat. causing the fridge to work more harder , and it may effect the compressor. But i think your current design should have some gap ( cos the fridge will have some distance away from the oven cabinet cos when open the fridge door it will not scratches the cabinet . cos the fridge also need ventilation . Don worry , check with your interior designer regards the space , He or she should have left some distace . Don worry :) BTW wat brand you purchase ?

remember to Pre heat the oven once install :) and to take out all the racks and trays and manuel books too wait get burn ( it happen before to a friend of mine )

kitchen matters :)

Hi Joko ,

sorry for the late reply ; busy with some projects :(

Yes i'm in Kitchen Business as my love of Kitchen appliance runs down to 10 years but still more to learn :) Still learning and sharing with friends with ideas and more :) I'm more a consultant :)

Saw today Straits Time paper (under home section regards abt renovation that never complete the job and doing half way ) BTW where's your oven planning to install ? if beside a fridge , must leave some gap. and if below a stove , is best dont use Glass top as is not suitable .

Kitchen Matters

Hi there.

Planning to install the oven below our stove to save space, hob was left from previous owner and in good condition, stainless steel top :)

I need to retrofit a new oven into an existing kitchen cabinet that does not come with built-in oven/space.

I need to change the space below the glass hob (which is currently just shelving space) to house the oven.

Does anyone have contacts for cabinet makers (or equivalent) who is willing to do the retrofitting?

Thanks in advance.

PS. Currently, I am using an Ariston built-in oven installed in a standalone 'box/frame' that was also supplied by Ariston. It sits on the floor now - quite an eye-sore bangwall.gif - but well used.

Edited by atlantis2267