Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thank you for your reply and advice.. I actually need to know the model of the oven for new house by next week or mid of march. Once i have the model no, i can pass to my ID for him to factor the measurements of the oven space..

yep, my oven is not near the fridge nor under hob, i m constructing a tower unit to house the oven.. but want to thank you for the pointers :)

kitchen matters, sorry to trouble you, but could you help to suggest some models that i can get?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help :)

Have a great day ahead!

Hi chuen_noe,

You may consider Brandt FE 811XS1, below are the spec. :)

• Class A Energy Efficiency

• 52 Litres

• Ergonomic Knobs control

• Multifunction

• Activemail Interior

• Ventilated Door

• Wire Side Racks

• 2 Safety Crid Racks

• 1 Large Drip Tray - 20mm

6 Cooking Modes:

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Fan Assisted Crill

• Pulsed Oven Shelf

• Crill

• Special Poultry

Or Bosch HBN 331E2J ( 52 litres , 5 cooking programs )

Or Electrolux EOB 305 X ( 66 litres )

:) Above are some models i find quite good :)

KM

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

KM thanks for the reply. i went to HN Millenia before. the sales there SUCKS. they dont attend to you! All of them chit chat at the corners. I will try to head down to Centrepoint.

Hi KM,

Do you have any recommendation for non-built in oven?

My usage would be for cooking and simple baking (cheesecake only)

Thanks

KM thanks for the reply. i went to HN Millenia before. the sales there SUCKS. they dont attend to you! All of them chit chat at the corners. I will try to head down to Centrepoint.

Hi DPSK ;

okie , sad to hear that . :( If need any advise do let me know .

KM

given a choice between Ariston OS 99 DPIX Openspace Pyro Oven and Brandt FP867XS1 Oven,

what would you knowledgeable experts choose?

Both seems on par on everything except the OS 99 has capacity of 70 litres whilst the FP867

has about 54 litres. Pricing are also similar. Functions also similar.

Any thoughts? :unsure:

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Since nobody gave any insightful comments, i deliberated myself and decided to get the FP867.

However from the brochure, it says the electrical loading for this oven is 16amp.

HDB said can only use up to 15amp for an electrical point.

Have u faced any issue regarding this? im very keen on the oven and dun wanna find something else after researching for a few months. :(

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi KM,

Do you have any recommendation for non-built in oven?

My usage would be for cooking and simple baking (cheesecake only)

Thanks

Hi Ngunadi;

you may consider Sharp Model: AX 1300 V or Sharp AX 1500 V ( Table top water Oven ) / Panasonic NN-CS599SYQ / NN- SV 30YPQ (Micro Oven with Steam ) / Panasonic NN-GF56MYPQ or NN-GD579SYPQ ( Micro Oven with Convention / Grill . ( All the above is table top )

OR

Purchase a built in oven but constuct a square box to cover it ( You may place on the floor with rollers or a normal table )

:)

KM

Hi Ngunadi;

you may consider Sharp Model: AX 1300 V or Sharp AX 1500 V ( Table top water Oven ) / Panasonic NN-CS599SYQ / NN- SV 30YPQ (Micro Oven with Steam ) / Panasonic NN-GF56MYPQ or NN-GD579SYPQ ( Micro Oven with Convention / Grill . ( All the above is table top )

OR

Purchase a built in oven but constuct a square box to cover it ( You may place on the floor with rollers or a normal table )

KM

Hi KM,

Thanks for the info. It seems the trend is now all Water-based oven?

Is it better?

I assume, the water/steam oven come with a higher price tag than the normal one ?

given a choice between Ariston OS 99 DPIX Openspace Pyro Oven and Brandt FP867XS1 Oven,

what would you knowledgeable experts choose?

Both seems on par on everything except the OS 99 has capacity of 70 litres whilst the FP867

has about 54 litres. Pricing are also similar. Functions also similar.

Any thoughts? :unsure:

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi El Nino.

Hows everything ? One is made in Italy the other is France :) As for Ariston , i heard and got some forum said that their back up service quite bad and no spare part ( have to wait ) :( As for Brandt so far not much news from them as i see they mostly distrubute out to electrical dealers. ( Price around $1899 ) . I saw an Electrolux Oven that have a big capacity too :) Capacity 66 litres and price at $1199 i heard :) Model: EOB 305 X .

KM

hah...my head chef had the gaggenau oven in his home kitchen...swore by it all the time :rolleyes:

by the way...all oven programmed to do multi tasking i.e grilling, baking, defrosting etc

what are the chances that the previous dish aroma/smell still lingers in the oven when u next do

up another dish? is this where the self cleaning functions came in?

YNWA,

El Nino

Hi El Nino.

Self cleaning with panels ( when gril , the oil will stick to the panels and after some time when the panel are full of oil it will drips down , that when you need to change the panels but some model or brands is to heat up at certain high Temp. it will melt or dissolve the oil )

Is best after a Gril or Bake , to clean away the smell , you may try to on to Fan Mode to blow the smell away.

KM

Just installed Ariston OS 99 oven. The manual shows its max load is 3400W (But the online manual from Ariston web site shows 2600W). Initialy worried about the load coz I only use a normal 13Amp power point left by previous owner. I have no idea if this power point is a separate line to main switch or shared with other power points in the kitchen. Too troublesome to run a 15Amp line coz ceilling, top kitchen cabinets all done by previous owner.

Turn it on for 30 minutes with highest temperature 250 degree. I went outside to check the electrical metre. By calculating the number of turns the metre runns for one hour, I concluded that the rough power consumption is less than 3000W together with my Aircon running also. Will test again without aircon running to get a more accurate figure.

The preheating is about 5 minutes. The fan blew out hot air from the vent between the control panel and the door. Use the general function and set timer for 30 minutes. The timer acctually turnned off the oven at the end of 30 minutes, although the manual says the timer only sounds buzz but not interuppting the oven. It is my first time using the oven. Open the oven door and felt the kitchen very warm.

Will run it once more before using it to cook food.

i went down to Ho Kee to look for ovens. I was told by the auntie that Techno TMO-28 is currently out of stock around Singapore (wonder if its true). so many people going for this model. any comments?

Been looking at ovens and can't decide on which one... Brandt FC842XS1 (U.P. $1399) or Bosch HBA43B450A (U.P. $1449)

Heard from sales that the Bosch has ecoclean function, that the top, rear and side liners don't need to be changed.

Since i have no experience with ovens, would like to hear comments from oven users on its pros and cons or recommendations.

hi all... newbie here. looking for a new hob, slim hood and oven for my new flat. but due to space constraint, can only install a max 75cm hob and i'm looking for outer fire hob (not those inner flame as the cooking will be more concentrated in the middle). i love baking and not sure which oven to get. i hv following quotes:-

Brandt: hob TE272XC1, AC229XE1, oven FE811XS1 (total $1580.)

Fujioh: hob FG772SVGL, hood FX900, oven FBO3GL (total $1330.)

any comments and recommendations? actually mine budget ard $1400...

Hi El Nino.

Hows everything ? One is made in Italy the other is France :) As for Ariston , i heard and got some forum said that their back up service quite bad and no spare part ( have to wait ) :( As for Brandt so far not much news from them as i see they mostly distrubute out to electrical dealers. ( Price around $1899 ) . I saw an Electrolux Oven that have a big capacity too :) Capacity 66 litres and price at $1199 i heard :) Model: EOB 305 X .

KM

Hi Kitchen Matters,

everything's fine and piecing in well. thanks for the feedback. :)

i have bought Brandt FP867SX1 after the sales guy confirmed that it only uses 15amp loading hence no issue. Phew! Got mine at $1630 after a little bargaining. :D

Cant wait to lay my hands on this baby! Thanks for the advise on the self cleaning panels and turning on fan mode to rid of the lingering smell (silly me didnt think of this at that time!) :P

Edited by El Nino_Al Nito

Have shortlisted the below ovens... but not sure which is good. Would appreciate any advise.

Brandt FC842XS1 (U.P. $1399)

Bosch HBA43B450A (U.P. $1449)

Smeg SW206X-5 (U.P. $1699)