Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hi joseeng,

hows everything ,

you may try calling this no. 65 90067537 and look for Mr Loh , he sell appliances at quite good price and they mostly delivery than make payment and is all warranty by agent .

He more consultant for home owners too.

I did purchase from him before and so far no problem :)

KM

Hi KM,

tks for sharing.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

We went to Harvey Norman at Millenia Walk, intending to find out more about the Bosch HBN 331E2J that we had in mind. We shortlisted this model as it fits our budget (around 6 to 7 hundred plus), and is the only model within this price range that has an electronic timer. We thought the electronic timer would provide more versatility in programming cooking time and starting time.

However, the salesman recommended the Brandt FE811XS1 instead - reasons being:

- Bosch ovens do not have the cooking mode of top and bottom heat plus fan. This mode is important for baking cakes.

- The oven door of the FE811XS1 is more sturdy than the HBN331E2J (when you try to open the door of the HBN331E2J, it feels very soft and easy to open)

- The FE811XS1 timer can be set to a longer cooking time (vs other brands using manual timer), and the temperature can be set higher (vs other brands)

- FE811XS1 is made in France vs made in Turkey for the HBN331E2J

Can someone comment whether the Brandt is indeed a better buy (for about 100+ dollars more)? Especially on the point of Bosch ovens not having the cooking mode of top and bottom heat plus fan. Is this really a disadvantage of Bosch ovens? The only disadvantage of the Brandt for us is that it does not have an electronic timer.

Thanks.

Hi Mach ;

The Price for Brandt is FE811XS1 is retail at $899.00 / Bosch HBN 331 E2J is at $749.00

The Brandt oven function are quite good :) after looking at it :) As those programs are good enough to do wonders :)

Traditional - top and bottom heat ( for baking of cakes )

Fan Assisted Grill - Top heat with fan

Pulsed Oven Shelves - Bottom heat with fan ( Pizza )

Traditional Pulsed - Top and bottom with Fan ( for cookies )

Grill poultry - Top Heat

Special poultry - Top heat with Min. bottom heat

Some ppl do feedback that a electric timer once spoilt , the service fee maybe quite high . And the cooking time may not be correct :( . As for manuel timer it will alarm you but you need to close your selves :( so theres pro and cons . But at least the cons is not that bad as most ppl who bake or grill they usually use their own time to gauge the cooking time example Kitchen Timer , Clock etc .

Me too , i bake or Grill never use my LCD timer ( LOL ) :)

As for the price , i think you may consider looking outside those indepentant stores and product consultant as they may provide better price .

KM

I was in the same dilemma. Had actually booked a slightly higher Bosch model (with almost same features as 331), made in Germany, but then switched to FE811XS1 for the same reasons you have mentioned. I felt that its better to have bottom cooking mode for tarts and pies and conventional mode for grilling thin cuts of meat, though Bosch claims that 3D cooking is equally good. The electronic temp display (timer not so much) in Bosch is definitely a plus, but its not so much of a concern once you get to know your oven. I have been using FE811 for 4 months now and am quite pleased with it. The doors are really sturdy as I have banged a few trays on them without any problem. The only additional thing I would like in my oven would be pyrolytic cleaning (especially after doing meat or poultry grilling), but FE867 was way beyond my budget. Overall, its a very good value for money, sturdy oven and I have no regrets buying it.

Hope this helps.

Hi Strata ,

good to hear that :) And do remember to pre heat the oven once a month :)

KM

Hi Strata ,

good to hear that :) And do remember to pre heat the oven once a month :)

KM

Thanks for your advice, KM. Luckily, I am still baking quite heavily (at least every alternate day). But once the novelty wears off, I will have to pre heat once a month - though I hope the stage doesn't come.

I fully agree with your advice regarding timer. I usually use my own timers, as cooking time varies depending on the type and quality of the ingredients and its best to judge in person. The only time I find timer (the FE811 does auto shut off after the timer goes off) useful is when I use my oven in place of slow cooker to cook items with gravy, as precise time is not needed.

Hi Kitchen Matters and Strata,

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice!! :P I am leaning towards the FE811 now. :)

I'll be checking out the prices from different places first before buying, since I still have about more than a month to go before I need to buy it. When I was at Harvey Norman, I was pleasantly surprised when the salesman who introduced the product to me quoted me a price that is lower than the displayed price of 899. I had not expected that as I had not tried to bargain at all since I was still in the exploratory stage.

Cheers.

Hi Cccc,

sorry for the late reply .

the oven you purchase FZ 990 comes with self clean panels and it has turbo fan and auto cut off timer . It has a panel to show the cooking time too.

As for the height i would suggest that the oven put around you wist level as opening of the oven door make it easily . And the steam oven put just ontop of the oven ( but must leave some gap. ) As some Steam Oven open from right to left :) If theres enough space you may consider putting side by side :) but the design will look not that nice as oven height is 60 cm and steam oven is 45 cm :( Form the kitchen floor measure upwards 85cm + 10 cm base . you may one to consider putting the space for the oven there :) than on top of the oven will be the steam oven .

Try to consider those steam oven without water pipe , get those with water container ( refuel type ) as it may save on the contruction of the cabinet ) .

KM

Hello KM,

Am glad to hear from you and thank you for taking time to reply :) We have decided to place the steamer above the oven as you have suggested too; however, we have not decided on WHICH steamer to purchase.

We have in our considerations 3 brands - BOSCH, Ariston & Miele but am still trying to find out more information and preferably feedback and reviews from users, but havent had much success.

1) BOSCH 45cm Built-in Steamer HBC26D553A (35litres capacity, 1.3litres external water tank)

2) Ariston SO 100 IX Steam Oven (23.5litres capacity, 1 litre water tank)

3) Miele DG 5060 CISt (30litre capacity)

The saleslady at Miele did comment that one of the best feature of their steam oven is something about "the door being 'tight' or perhaps being well-lined and the food is steamed using all the pressure from the steam..which doesn't escape" along this line but thinking about it later, isn't a steam oven suppose to be like this? However, the salespersons I was referred to for the other models didn't really know about it. Apologies for not being very well-informed on this subject.

Would appreciate any information and suggestions you may have.

Thanks again! :)

Hello KM,

Am glad to hear from you and thank you for taking time to reply :) We have decided to place the steamer above the oven as you have suggested too; however, we have not decided on WHICH steamer to purchase.

We have in our considerations 3 brands - BOSCH, Ariston & Miele but am still trying to find out more information and preferably feedback and reviews from users, but havent had much success.

1) BOSCH 45cm Built-in Steamer HBC26D553A (35litres capacity, 1.3litres external water tank)

2) Ariston SO 100 IX Steam Oven (23.5litres capacity, 1 litre water tank)

3) Miele DG 5060 CISt (30litre capacity)

The saleslady at Miele did comment that one of the best feature of their steam oven is something about "the door being 'tight' or perhaps being well-lined and the food is steamed using all the pressure from the steam..which doesn't escape" along this line but thinking about it later, isn't a steam oven suppose to be like this? However, the salespersons I was referred to for the other models didn't really know about it. Apologies for not being very well-informed on this subject.

Would appreciate any information and suggestions you may have.

Thanks again! :)

if i have the budget, i would go for Miele.

hi all..

seems like nothing much about rowenta oven.. any feekback about rowenta oven? i'm looking for convection oven that can help me to bake cakes, pastry cookies etc..

my budget is about $700 - $1000.. hee.. and any recommedation for cake mixer too..

:D

Is rowenta oven good? Wife wanted one but I thought it is very bulky and would eat up countertop space. My preference is one of the ariston built-in oven (purely aesthetic reason) but she insist on rowenta.

OK lah, I will not be using, just want to know which is better.

hi all..

seems like nothing much about rowenta oven.. any feekback about rowenta oven? i'm looking for convection oven that can help me to bake cakes, pastry cookies etc..

my budget is about $700 - $1000.. hee.. and any recommedation for cake mixer too..

:D

Hi Jessicafoo,

Cake Mixer , you may consider KitchenAid ( But the capacity is quite small as they have only 5 Quart ) For the oven , do you intend to built in type or stand alone ? If stand alone theres a few brands like Sharp , Panasonic . If built in typr you may want to consider brandt , electrolux , bosch .

KM

Is rowenta oven good? Wife wanted one but I thought it is very bulky and would eat up countertop space. My preference is one of the ariston built-in oven (purely aesthetic reason) but she insist on rowenta.

OK lah, I will not be using, just want to know which is better.

Hi TYM ,

Ariston Oven comes with Tangential Ventilation which for built in is good as hot air is blow out so the cabinet will not be hot . And most models start with 5 cooking programs onwards .

Some of them also come with auto cut off timer , self clean ppanels .

As for built in type it save space on the counter top and on top the built in oven you may want to consider putting a microwave oven . As in future you want to purchase a built in oven , you will have to alter the kitchen space , power point , construct another place for the oven so can consider built in type for long term so in future you will not have to worry about findind a space for it :)

You may consider putting at wist level as opening the oven door will be easy .

KM

Hi Jessicafoo,

Cake Mixer , you may consider KitchenAid ( But the capacity is quite small as they have only 5 Quart ) For the oven , do you intend to built in type or stand alone ? If stand alone theres a few brands like Sharp , Panasonic . If built in typr you may want to consider brandt , electrolux , bosch .

KM

hi,

i'm looking for stand alone.. is rowenta oven ok? heard it from my friend.

Hi TYM ,

Ariston Oven comes with Tangential Ventilation which for built in is good as hot air is blow out so the cabinet will not be hot . And most models start with 5 cooking programs onwards .

Some of them also come with auto cut off timer , self clean ppanels .

As for built in type it save space on the counter top and on top the built in oven you may want to consider putting a microwave oven . As in future you want to purchase a built in oven , you will have to alter the kitchen space , power point , construct another place for the oven so can consider built in type for long term so in future you will not have to worry about findind a space for it :)

You may consider putting at wist level as opening the oven door will be easy .

KM

Hi KM, tks for the reply.

Actually, we have a built-in ariston microwave oven and my thinking is to replace that with a built-in oven. Mistake in not getting a built-in oven from the start. Have checked with our previous ID and Mayer that just need minor alteration to the current microwave space to fit the oven.

So i guess Ariston is a better choice than the Rowenta countertop oven.

if i have the budget, i would go for Miele.

Hi Joseeng,

Well, I would like to compare with the Bosch, Ariston & Miele models and unless the other options are very much "paler in comparison" with Miele, then would I consider spending a fortune on the latter. ;) Any steam oven users who could comment? I would appreciate it - Thanks!

Hi Joseeng,

Well, I would like to compare with the Bosch, Ariston & Miele models and unless the other options are very much "paler in comparison" with Miele, then would I consider spending a fortune on the latter. ;) Any steam oven users who could comment? I would appreciate it - Thanks!

Hi ccc,

I am also looking around for oven and steam oven.

Instead of getting 2 seperate items (oven & steam oven) why don't you consider getting

one of those with steam AND oven function ?

e.g. Bosch HBC36D763 Or HBC36D753B (45cm Built-in Steam Combination Oven)

http://www.bosch-home.com/sg/singapore-pro...ovens/list.html

I would like get something with steam AND oven function in one device,

but was thinking what was the shortcoming as compared to 2 seperate item.

Basically I would like to use the oven function to bake cakes/pizza/bread/cookie

or may roast a chicken once in a while.

Thanks in advance for feedback.