Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

hi KM,

can check with you, after the built-in oven is slotted into the tall unit, is there anything to support it from coming out or it should be free moving (ie it can be moved forward and backward by using some strength)??

TIA

hi joseeng;

greetings

once an oven is install into the cabinet, some ppl dont tighen it with screws on the side of the oven but if need you may want to fasten it with screws that come with the oven . ( left and right of the oven , theres at least 2 screw holes on either side )

KM

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi KM,

Thanks so much for the explainations, Gaggenau is way out of my league :(

Based on your last statement, your preferences will be to get oven and steam oven separately? Not advisable to get the 2 in 1 type? Why is that so?

For Oven/Steam oven I am looking at only Bosch, Brandt and Ariston. Which do you think has that size (45cm) you mentioned?

Thanks so much

Hi bennzi,

greetings

Bosch 45cm steam and oven is the popular choice. and 2 in 1 do save place on cabinet area but some ppl mind set is that once 1 of the fuction is not working or down , is quite a hussy .

And while your grillling or baking and as the same time after the grilling or baking , the smell may be still in the cavity so if you wants to steam some food . it may effect the smell and most important the taste .

By getting 2 seperate unit you may bake and steam at the same time :) or grill a chicken and steam a chicken at the same time and you have 2 nice food and most important save time :)

You may also can consider getting an 45cm oven and a 45cm steam oven .

KM

Hi Kit matters,

Like to seek ur advice...m looking for a built in oven for norm baking of cakes and grilling. As there is a sale for Electrolux today and tom, can u adv which model suits me? My budget is ard 800. Like to get one with the functions that u've mentioned b4 eg self cleaning, turbo fan and ..i forgot what..sori, a novice in these...

thnks!

Hi, I am new to this Forum. Looking for a built-in oven and would appreciate advice, comments and feedback on some of the following models:

1. Brandt FE811XC1

2. Bosch HBN 331E2J

3. Tecno TMO28

4. Ariston FZ 61.1 1X

Intends to use it mainly for baking of cupcakes, cookies, cakes and roasting of meat.

The salesman strongly recommended Brandt over Electrolux.

I would be grateful if anyone can share their feedback. Thanks so much : D

Regards

MJ

Hi Kit matters,

Like to seek ur advice...m looking for a built in oven for norm baking of cakes and grilling. As there is a sale for Electrolux today and tom, can u adv which model suits me? My budget is ard 800. Like to get one with the functions that u've mentioned b4 eg self cleaning, turbo fan and ..i forgot what..sori, a novice in these...

thnks!

hi Xianee,

You may consider EOB 3001X which comes with 7 cooking programs, but this model does not come with self clean panel . Or you may consider Brandt FE811XS1 it come with 6 cooking programs .

The difference are Electrolux does not comes with a panel to view the time etc. but brandt do have.

Sorry for the late reply

KM

Hi, I am new to this Forum. Looking for a built-in oven and would appreciate advice, comments and feedback on some of the following models:

1. Brandt FE811XC1

2. Bosch HBN 331E2J

3. Tecno TMO28

4. Ariston FZ 61.1 1X

Intends to use it mainly for baking of cupcakes, cookies, cakes and roasting of meat.

The salesman strongly recommended Brandt over Electrolux.

I would be grateful if anyone can share their feedback. Thanks so much : D

Regards

MJ

Hi MJ ;

I sense that Brandt currently has all the programs you need and it moves quite well in local and there's a LCD display at the centre to view the Temp etc. As for Electrolux you may consider EOB 3100X .

For Brandt FE 811

• Class A Energy Efficiency

• 52 Litres

• Ergonomic Knobs control

• Multifunction

• Activemail Interior

• Ventilated Door

• Wire Side Racks

• 2 Safety Crid Racks

• 1 Large Drip Tray - 20mm

6 Cooking Modes:

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Fan Assisted Crill

• Pulsed Oven Shelf

• Crill

• Special Poultry

For Bosch

- Conventional top and bottom heat

- Bottom heat only

- 3D hot air

- Hot air grilling

• Rapid heat up (Manual)

• Rotary sword control knobs

• Electronic clock with timer

• Double glass door

• 4 shelves position

• EasyClean enamel coating

• 1 x 25W interior oven lighting

• Childproof lock

• Removable door for easy cleaning

As for Ariston FZ 61 IX , it comes with 6 cooking programs , mainly 6 Cooking Programs:

- Traditional

- Multi-Cooking

- Barbecue

- Gratin

- Pizza

- Baking

But me gt some bad feedback from friends that their spare parts quite EX and sometimes no spare parts :( sad to hear that .

Hi all

pls give any comments on electrolux EOB203X (link)

Thanks in advance!

Hi berry_surprise ;

The above mention oven comes with 5 cooking programs but the plus point is that it capacity is 56 litres . As it comes with the basic oven needs so if the price is right :)

And theres quite a few models now so it all comes down to the design of the oven , cooking programs , inner oven type , back up service etc.

KM

Hi berry_surprise ;

The above mention oven comes with 5 cooking programs but the plus point is that it capacity is 56 litres . As it comes with the basic oven needs so if the price is right :)

And theres quite a few models now so it all comes down to the design of the oven , cooking programs , inner oven type , back up service etc.

KM

Thanks KM, your input certainly helps alot.

It was quite a steal at $545 in comparing $1800 for Brandt867 (even knowing how good it is)

I can always upgrade to a better one in a few yrs time :)

is 56litres consider bad then?

I also have the microwave + grill (link)

what r your views?

Hi MJ ;

I sense that Brandt currently has all the programs you need and it moves quite well in local and there's a LCD display at the centre to view the Temp etc. As for Electrolux you may consider EOB 3100X .

For Brandt FE 811

• Class A Energy Efficiency

• 52 Litres

• Ergonomic Knobs control

• Multifunction

• Activemail Interior

• Ventilated Door

• Wire Side Racks

• 2 Safety Crid Racks

• 1 Large Drip Tray - 20mm

6 Cooking Modes:

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Fan Assisted Crill

• Pulsed Oven Shelf

• Crill

• Special Poultry

For Bosch

- Conventional top and bottom heat

- Bottom heat only

- 3D hot air

- Hot air grilling

• Rapid heat up (Manual)

• Rotary sword control knobs

• Electronic clock with timer

• Double glass door

• 4 shelves position

• EasyClean enamel coating

• 1 x 25W interior oven lighting

• Childproof lock

• Removable door for easy cleaning

As for Ariston FZ 61 IX , it comes with 6 cooking programs , mainly 6 Cooking Programs:

- Traditional

- Multi-Cooking

- Barbecue

- Gratin

- Pizza

- Baking

But me gt some bad feedback from friends that their spare parts quite EX and sometimes no spare parts :( sad to hear that .

Dear KM

Thanks so much for such a comprehensive reply! You are really knowledgeable about the different models. Thanks for doing the research. Great to hear that Brandt moves well locally. I think I am sold on the Brandt FE811 now :P

Regards

MJ :yamseng:

Hi experts,

Looking for a combo oven with microwave.

Any thoughts on Brandt ME655?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!!

Thanks KM, your input certainly helps alot.

It was quite a steal at $545 in comparing $1800 for Brandt867 (even knowing how good it is)

I can always upgrade to a better one in a few yrs time :)

is 56litres consider bad then?

I also have the microwave + grill (link)

what r your views?

You may consider putting the microwave + grill on top of the oven cabinet space. And with microwave + grill you may warm up food and do simply grilling but is best to use the oven for grill big portion of meet as the oven comes with Fan assist inside. So the heat will be distrubute evenly and well cook . And the oven comes with Fan assist so you may bake a few racks of cookies too.

remember to heat up the oven once a month to prevent it from tripping and to maintain the oven internal heating element .

KM

KM

Dear KM

Thanks so much for such a comprehensive reply! You are really knowledgeable about the different models. Thanks for doing the research. Great to hear that Brandt moves well locally. I think I am sold on the Brandt FE811 now :P

Regards

MJ :yamseng:

Remember to pre heat the oven once install and heat up the oven once a month to prevent it from tripping the home :(

Check around for the gooood price . I heard some electrical dealers giving quite a goooood buy .

Happy baking :)

KM

Hi KM,

THnks for ur reply.. sory for the late reply, been bz...

Went to electrolux sales but nothing attracts me...

My husband says the electrolux oven's design are such that the front part is sticking out from the cabinet, whereas the other brands like Brandt and Bosch are in line with the cabinet so he dun like Electrolux...

we went to Millenia Harvey Norman thinking of buying either Brandt or Bosch but no sales person ard... so end up didn't buy anything. :(

Btw, can u adv if rinnai RBO-7MRX and RBO-5CSI is good? coz my relative can get disc for Rinnai...tot that if they are abt $800 (my budget), then I can consider.

Many thnks in advance!

Hi KM

You are so well-versed in such oven issues. Actually I posted this in my reno blog, but thought maybe I should bring the question up here also?

So angry with myself for missing out the electrolux warehouse sale over the weekend!

So went down to harvey today, and saw 3 models. Can experienced folks please advice:

electroluxoven.jpg

All 3 have same capacity at 52litre.

(sorry maybe a bit confused, but I am comparing the models 53000, 31001 and 35000 (pyro, not in the picture but same features as 31001)

All Germany made.

All 3 layers glass.

3 models are

EOB 53000

* 8 cooking functions (see attached list), but compared with other two, this one has 2 extra (convection with ring heat for 3-level baking which works like a top/bottom/fan, pizza setting with bottom heat and fan).

*manual cleaning

EOB 31001

* has top + bottom + fan. (this is supposed to allow 2 layers baking, while above model allows 3 layers baking)

* no pizza, but has bottom heat only, which I thought is similar.

* manual cleaning

EOB 35000

* same features are EOB 31001, except this one has pyrolytic function. ie self cleaning by burning deposits into ashes at 500C, so just need to clean ashes after the self cleaning cycle.

I was actually eyeing the 53000 but thought the 35000 is good because of the self cleaning function.

But being self cleaning, it definitely means more electricity consumption(for 35000) because need to let it self clean at 500C for about 2 hours each cycle. So should I pay more for that or just make do with cleaning manually?

Also to do the pyro cleaning, temp is high at 500C. I am also worried if that temp will damage the cabinets in the long term. So maybe it does not justify taking so much risks just bc i am lazy to clean manually?

Of course another option is to get the 35000 pyro self cleaning model, but don't use the pyro function unless i do major grilling, but sounds a bit stupid to pay more but don't use the feature right?

Price aside, do you have any advice for me before i commit?

* Do you think the pizza function is important? Or is the bottom heat the same as one specifically stated as pizza function?

* Similarly is top/bottom/fan the same as convention plus ring heat element? Since the purpose is multi level baking right?

Headache headache

thank you, thank you

Edited by froggy