Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Dear KM,

Anny advice on those microwave cum convection oven? I seldm cook and wants an oven so that can bake cakes, muffins & cookies with my 2 gals. Went to best denki but didnt see much selection. 1 saw one and the temp is limited to 250 degrees, is it enough? Hope to grill mest stuff too.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear KM,

Anny advice on those microwave cum convection oven? I seldm cook and wants an oven so that can bake cakes, muffins & cookies with my 2 gals. Went to best denki but didnt see much selection. 1 saw one and the temp is limited to 250 degrees, is it enough? Hope to grill mest stuff too.

- So far haven't seen such equipment in the market, with 2 different heat-production methods, to be "cum" together within one body.

- Microwave's heat produced by "vibrating" the H2O particles within "ready food". most for "warming up" purpose. No metal container/plate. Microwave oven's walls built with heavy metal, except for front door with some "mesh" built in between, to minimise waves from radiating out to the container.

- Convection Oven is by heating filaments at sides/top/bottom, with temp/timer controls. Some even with built in fans to blow the within temperature to be more even.... My advise is: practise make perfect.

Edited by bepgof

Dear KM,

250 degrees is enough. You can bake a pizza at this temperature. Baking cakes are usually at 160 degrees and cookies and muffins at 180 degrees.

It is important to get a microwave cum convection oven with a large capacity. It enables you put a muffin tin in or roast an entire chicken effortlessly. Get those at 40/42 litres capacity. Panasonic, Sharp, and LG have these sizes. Grilling is possible with these dual ovens.

250 degrees is enough. You can bake a pizza at this temperature. Baking cakes are usually at 160 degrees and cookies and muffins at 180 degrees.

It is important to get a microwave cum convection oven with a large capacity. It enables you put a muffin tin in or roast an entire chicken effortlessly. Get those at 40/42 litres capacity. Panasonic, Sharp, and LG have these sizes. Grilling is possible with these dual ovens.

Thanks! summerflowers & bepgof. At least now i have an idea.

:lol: this is interesting, coz this was the same reason we went the other way, the brandt model we saw was a single piece glass with it had screws on all 4 sides & the inner frame was padding were 2 pieces, the bosch on the other hand was a single paned glass & finished in single piece.

How bizarre indeed!

single piece glass from brandt? if my memory did not fail me, I am supposing is the FE811 without any self-cleaning functions??

Hi KM,

I need your advise on which model of built in oven to get. After reading all the posting, think you are highly recommend Brandt FE811XS1, but after discuss with my husband, we worry there will have problem as the AMP is different. Is there other brand that is similar function n price of this model? We want to get Rinnai hob n hood too. Do u think is good? we cook everyday, which model or other brand u can recommend? We want sth more economical. Hope to hear from u soon. Thanks.

Hi Summer flower, really, there is sure "microwave cum convention" oven? What is the make/brand, where can I find?

Edited by bepgof

Hi Summer flower, really, there is sure "microwave cum convention" oven? What is the make/brand, where can I find?

@bepgof... Im using Panasonic's Dimension 4 - The Genius .... I think easily for the last 15 years. At that time, it was the most canggih microwave... with convection (a very very new thing)... and we had to pay premium price ... RM2,200 (thereabout). It's big, and since my wife loves to bake... an all-in-one was good. For my new condo here in SG, didnt' want to make space for an in-built oven.... and brought the unit down... still perfect!! Understand Pana has upgraded this model.... functions and dimensions nearly the same... the controls all electronic... and voice-command :)

img2337j.jpgimg2336eh.jpg

@bepgof... Im using Panasonic's Dimension 4 - The Genius .... I think easily for the last 15 years. At that time, it was the most canggih microwave... with convection (a very very new thing)... and we had to pay premium price ... RM2,200 (thereabout). It's big, and since my wife loves to bake... an all-in-one was good. For my new condo here in SG, didnt' want to make space for an in-built oven.... and brought the unit down... still perfect!! Understand Pana has upgraded this model.... functions and dimensions nearly the same... the controls all electronic... and voice-command :)

I used to have a Sharp too. Panasonic's has inverter technology. My sis is using an LG.

Edited by summerflowers

I used to have a Sharp too. Panasonic's has inverter technology. My sis is using an LG.

Now I use it mainly for :

a) defrost (80%)

b) heat up cold milk/coffee (15%)

c) bake cake (5%)

need some help here

am kind of loss with build in oven and mircowave

need a simple oven which can grill,bake cookies/cakes/egg tarts, pizza (big enough for whole chicken and bbq pork ribs :D)

simple mircowave with steam function?

can give some recommendation? wants to have both steel finishing brand doesnt matter to me

tks

Hi KM,

The shop we went recommend us Rinnai Oven RBO-995CT. What do you think of this model? We have the budget $600-$800 and this one fall between. As mentioned in my earlier msg, we are worry the AMP for Brandt that you highly recommend. If this Rinnai Oven is not recommended, please advise us another brand where abt our budget.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Hi KM,

The shop we went recommend us Rinnai Oven RBO-995CT. What do you think of this model? We have the budget $600-$800 and this one fall between. As mentioned in my earlier msg, we are worry the AMP for Brandt that you highly recommend. If this Rinnai Oven is not recommended, please advise us another brand where abt our budget.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

My built-in hod, chimney hood, built-in oven all from Rinnai, Italy. So far so good. Personally, I like those simple-to-use types and always make up of those functions. As grow older, realise to appreciate the art of "buy only those you want to use", don't pay money for functions that never use. 9xxx series should be very advance. My one 5CSI with mechanical timer!

Edited by bepgof

Hi all,

I've booked the electrolux EOB53000x after much consideration... but just found out that it is quite dangerous if the oven doesn't have cool door for pple with children who may touch the door and burn their fingers while the oven is in use.Due to space constraint, the oven will be under my hob so my 2 yr old can easily touch it :(

Does anyone know if this model has the cool door?

Many thnks! :)

hi forums mates!

is been a week plus since I initiated a group buy and till date, responses have been great!

at current count, we have

2 samsung fridges,

6 pairs of rinnai inner flame hobs and fujioh hoods,

4 brandt ovens 1 microwave,

3 samsung washer dryers

a commendable sales amounting more than $22k!

means more discounts for us to buy ya!

3 more days to consolidating this group buy!

so am calling out all forum mates who are interested in Brandt FC842XS1 build in oven & ME630XE1 build in microwave.

Reply to my group buy topic over here and indicate which are the ones you want. I will refresh the list each time a forum mate are interested in tis grp buy. Thereafter, I'll gather the final numbers and try to get the best pricing when jun ends

DISCLAIMER: am not a salesperson for any of the appliances. jus one eager house owner to be trying to get his appliances cheaper!