Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

yeah. true true! that's what i think too.

i can just get a simple oven with all the basic functions and i can do wonders provided i know how to use the oven.

the turbo one that i check is just nice. affordable price and simple. guess i'll be getting that. since it fits into what i'm looking for. :)

If U observe carefully, most chefs can use cheaper pots & pans yet they still can cook out DELICIOUS food ! Thr4, d most important is HOW & METHODS of cooking. Ofcourse, if can afford 2 buy Branded & Quality items, Y not ! But if beyond our budget, then just forget it ! Afterall, many aunties baked good food & wonderful cakes with Turbo, Ariston, Brandt .......

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

One lesson I have learnt for built-in oven....

It has to be sold as part of fixture together with your house... :furious:

Remember to either take it out before you sell your house or to upfront tell the buyer its not for sale!!

Will the heat from the built in oven affect the cabinet ? Will heat build up in the surrounding storage areas? I'm worried that the heat will spoil things stored in the nearby cabinet so hesitating to build in the oven. Can anyone enlighten me. Thanks

If U observe carefully, most chefs can use cheaper pots & pans yet they still can cook out DELICIOUS food ! Thr4, d most important is HOW & METHODS of cooking. Ofcourse, if can afford 2 buy Branded & Quality items, Y not ! But if beyond our budget, then just forget it ! Afterall, many aunties baked good food & wonderful cakes with Turbo, Ariston, Brandt .......

thanks for your comments dear. after you said that, i realised it too. most chefs would use affordable appliances and yet do wonders with the food they make.

it is all based on the techniques in making good food.

i think for now, as a beginner, i would get something that fits into my budget perfectly. if the chefs can make the oven work for them, i'm sure with practice i can make my turbo oven work for me as well. :)

Will the heat from the built in oven affect the cabinet ? Will heat build up in the surrounding storage areas? I'm worried that the heat will spoil things stored in the nearby cabinet so hesitating to build in the oven. Can anyone enlighten me. Thanks

i think the wood used for the cabinet would be slightly thicker to protect the things stored in the next cabinet?

i'm not very sure about this until you mentioned about it. hmmm.

Hihi,

Just my 2cents cos I've been working in F&B for many yrs...

If you can fork out $1k odd to buy convection oven for your home, go for commercial brands instead of domestic brands.

Commercial ones are those used by bakeries, restaurants etc. Look carefully at the equipment those established cake/pie shops (e.g. the very famous one that celebrities buy curry/chicken puff from at Sunshine Plaza) use. These are people who have been baking for so long, and there are only the few brands that they trust - e.g. Unox (very good cos they specialize only in ovens), Toast Master, Roller Grill. These are brands some 4/5 star hotel restaurants use as well...

You can google online to see which companies carry these brands and go down to their offices to view.

But only recommend for hardcore bakers...if you are those bake bi-monthly kind, then just go for the cheaper options ba...

Hello KM,

Would like to hear the oven guru's opinion on the selection of a basic oven.

I'm looking for an Oven with basic features (for my WTB's baking needs).

Would probably use it for Pizza. cookies and some roasting.

I'm deciding between the Ariston's FD 61.1 ICE and EOB31002x/EOB31001X

Function wise the EOB31002x maybe just short of the FD 61.1

I'm attracted by the aethestic look of the ICE though.

May I have your inputs?

TIA.

hi,

i am looking for Ariston build in oven Model: FD61 ICE but was told it is already discon

can any body help? tx

Hi Marcus_mss;

sorry for the late reply :(

Let me check out for you and i'll reply to you tomorrow .

KM

Hello KM,

Would like to hear the oven guru's opinion on the selection of a basic oven.

I'm looking for an Oven with basic features (for my WTB's baking needs).

Would probably use it for Pizza. cookies and some roasting.

I'm deciding between the Ariston's FD 61.1 ICE and EOB31002x/EOB31001X

Function wise the EOB31002x maybe just short of the FD 61.1

I'm attracted by the aethestic look of the ICE though.

May I have your inputs?

TIA.

Hi TIA.

sorry for the late reply ;

If considering Electrolux , just take note that EOB 31002 X comes with Auto cut off timer bt the another does not comes with it ( it means that once alarm , you need to off the oven manuel )

As for Ariston model , it does come with Auto cut off timer and a LED panel to indicate the Temp. & time . The only cons is that the oven door maybe a bit hot once it reachs a certain Temp. ( As is made of Tempered Glass )

If your planning to install under the Hob , if theres children around , when they touches the door , it may be a bit hot ( actually is the same for Stainless Steel Door :(

So if possible , install at a tall cabinet ( as open the oven door will be easily too .

As Ariston ICE model is Discont , you may consider FZ 61.1 IX as it comes with bottom heat ( Pizza function ) but it does not comes with cut off timer . The oven door also come with finger print proof .

And if purchase from Mayer Marketing , it also comes with 2 baking lesson too.

KM

Hi powder blue ;

Most built in oven comes with Tangential ventalation ( above the oven door theres a gap that once the oven reaches a certain Temp. inside the oven it will blow out the hot air so the inside of the oven cabinet will not be hot )

Getting a Built In Oven now at least the construction of the cabinet and space is done , if not in future if you purchase the Built in oven , there will be space problem as all the space of the cabinet is all pre plan , even through there some places sell stand alone cabinet for oven but it may not suit the design :(

KM

well. i took a look around and found that the turbo oven is not bad in terms usage and price considering the fact that it's from italy.

i'm using their cooking hobs and thus think it would be good to get their oven as well as it has been serving me without fail after so many years.

just hoping to see if anyone has comments about the ovens.

thanks for your comments. will read more about it.

Hi Prissypris,

As most oven now comes with addition programs that we mostly dont use or one day you may need it :)

Most oven now do comes with at least 5 cooking progam till 7 , 8 , 9 10 programs . Some even come with Pre set cooking program ( as it make it easily for people to just set and cook or bake :)

But some still prefer to use their own cooking time , cooking programs to moniter their own food :)

As for different brands , most of them now the difference is the looks of the oven :) , the features , the free cooking class ( example Ariston , Indesit ) , after sales service and spare parts :(

As for Turbo brand , is been in the market for quite some time and now their having some promotion too ( i heard )

:)

KM

I went to the Brandt online catalogue and I think the FX842 model is really nice. Anyone knows where I can view this model? Is it at that Rinnai place? Those Goh Ah Bee, Ban Kim Chuan, no display models one right?

Hi Divineparadise ;

You may view at Harvey Noram at Millieum walk , As i heard from my pals that their display quite alot ( Oven )

Happy shopping :)

KM

May I ask where did you buy your Brandt oven from?

I get really confused after all the comparison, I don't really know what I want. I don't want to spend too much as I am not really a serious baker and also have to watch my weight sort of person, can't be baking all the time. Oven is more for grilling and roasting actually.

I went to Ban Kim Chuan today and they don't have any ovens on display. So where do you guys see all the ovens you want and then make the decision? Is it all done online or what?

Super confused now.

Hi Divineparadise ,

You may see online ( quite tired actually ) or you may go to some dealers or department store to gather the different brands of catoglue first ( As not all brands and models are display at one place - space , $$$ etc )

So gather all the different brand and shortlist from there than discuess with your family memebers , or ask your friends of the models and brand , get some feedback , shortlist to at 3 models or brands than head down to the place that have the display :)

After which , check the price and offer price of course than BINGO . you have an oven you like . Once purchase , dont look at the price again as electrical products price is like stock market go down very fast as it will discont after some time :)

KM