Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

i got quotes from everjoint for my two brands of fridge really good price but the quote on mitsubishi was not so good....

then when i ask about the ovens pricing, their prices were cheap but definitely not the best.

i think i will end up buying from a superstore. the price for the fridge was similar but the oven definitely were cheaper. i just told the sales person that i got a quote from everjoint and he took out a calculator and show me prices that i was happy with.... now pending which oven to purchase.

i would say that it is always a good choice to check all prices then go to any major stores and inform them that i have a quote and for my case, i am a happy consumer getting good pricing!

moreover, they can give u options of payment in cash or credit card.

as i known , now everjoint in their phone , u may be cannot give a better quote but u go down to their shop , they give a very good price

y because we like to take their prices and ask superstore or shop to match their prices , they get a complain from agents

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
as i known , now everjoint in their phone , u may be cannot give a better quote but u go down to their shop , they give a very good price

y because we like to take their prices and ask superstore or shop to match their prices , they get a complain from agents

yes it's true

when i ask over the phone, they will give me a price which is already lower than the mega stores

they then add, come down to discuss, better prices

I also hope that it is true but surprisingly, when i was there that was the BEST price they quoted me so in the end i left and moved on to make my purchase at the said superstore.

Maybe luck was not with me or perhaps it was a case of really cannot beat the price of a superstore??

In any case, it is to our benefit and it is good to know that there are indeed superstores who are willing/able to give us extra options.

Edited by talkalot

For those who wish to buy oven, avatarsun, talkalot, wanna buy together to get cheaper deal?

Hi Yumiko,

I have decided to get Brandt. I called a few (Goh ah Bee & kong Tai) neighborhood store... I think audio house still give the best price.. They will be able to match all prices. Also at Audio House i will be using credit card.

I went to harvey norman today, the sales person told me Bosch HBN331E2J is better as compared to Brandt FE811XS1 but since im also getting the hob and hood from Brandt so I shall stick to Brandt build in oven as they give me very good bundle price.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Edited by avatarsun

KM,

We have just started searching for pyro ovens...Have seen Brandt FP867XS1 and Ariston OS99DP1X so far...Leaning towards FP867 after hearing of Ariston after sales...Is there any other pyro ovens worth comparisons???

Hi Yumiko,

I have decided to get Brandt. I called a few (Goh ah Bee & kong Tai) neighborhood store... I think audio house still give the best price.. They will be able to match all prices. Also at Audio House i will be using credit card.

I went to harvey norman today, the sales person told me Bosch HBN331E2J is better as compared to Brandt FE811XS1 but since im also getting the hob and hood from Brandt so I shall stick to Brandt build in oven as they give me very good bundle price.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Hi avatarsun,

thank you for sharing. I have decided to get Bosch HBN331E2J. I bought mine from Harvey Norman Milenia Walk. I will only arrange for delivery in early Jan next year. So, still not sure whether it is good. I will try it out when everything get installed then...

i made a call to Mr L.... from everjoint and the price quote for the Brandt oven was the same at $789 but the oven for the bosch was at $635. However when i enquire from the mode of payment, he mentioned that i could either pay by cheque or cash only.

The 2nd shop which i visited personally was at Goh ah bee which they sold me the items through a catologue. the price quote was $780 for the brandt oven wherelse the bosch oven was at $640/-

The final visit was at Harvey Norman Milenia walk. I met this salesperson and my shopping trip ended when he guarantee me a price return should his price be higher then any of the neighbourhood shops but of course i was amazed by his knowledge on ovens given his years. pretty satisfied with the price quote given to me. Brandt oven at $780 and bosch oven at $630/- which i could either pay by cash or CREDIT CARD!

He patiently offered me the extended warranty on the ovens (which i did not purchase) and he even told me that a decision could still be made as long as the delivery was not met. two thumbs up to him and i will definitely get back for my next purchase of my fridge if he can give me a reasonable price... looking forward to my delivery next wk!!!!

Any assistance required to get his contact, pls email me and i will gladly pass on his contact to any forummer here.

Hi talkalot,

We are looking for hood+hob+oven from Bosch too. Went down to Harvey Norman Millenia yesterday but the sales guy didn't give me a good package quote. Can you please pm me the contact of the salesperson whom you spoke to?

Thanks a mil...

Hi all

I'm looking to replace my old Tecno oven height 595 x width 594 x depth 535mm, the built in picture is h 585 x w 560 x d min 550mm

How to look for a new oven that will fit? I don't want to get back the same model or brand.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated, mostly baking cakes. Thanks!

Hi guys, i am newbie here!!! Was looking around at Courts at tampines for fridge, vacuum, hob & hood, oven and watever else u can think of for my new place which i can only get the keys in april.I was looking around to know a rough gauge for the prices.

Was at the hob n hood section: saw turbo and technogas, and the guy strongly recommended techno gas saying its better built than turbo. The model of the hood KP 9588 is 1288 and it comes with free hob(package).

Then we looked at the oven section and again he suggested technogas saying tis value for money. The model TM038 cost 898. I am looking for a built in oven. And is there such thing as a built in microwave oven?

Fridge we look at Bosch but the salesperson suggested LG inverter side by side door GRB208B24 for $1499 which was compared to the Bosch KAN62V00 for $2299.

For washer and dryer me and WTB think that we should get a simple looking F&P for both and stack them up.

Well, Pardon me if i am intruding on the wrong topic, but i think i seriously need help here. :dunno:

If not, can anyone, help me out?? I read through the whole thread and never saw anyone commenting on Tehnogas and even when someone asked about it, it seems to get left out. Is it a taboo topic on tecnogas or maybe no one really uses it.

I really hope to get some help from guys are more experienced than me in electrical appliances.

Many thanks in advance and wishing all a great Chinese NEW YEAR.

I've used a few oven, TecnoGas, Elba 15 years, these 2 are free standing hob and oven. Tecno built in oven, used 7 years.

Tecno oven appears to have uneven heating, muffin tin 12 cup cakes, some were more brown then others. when I asked the technician to come, this guy is like sian sian type, not rude....but sian sian response. In his 50's maybe, ask him anything, he like think a long time and say, it's like that...you know what I mean. Ask him if he could calibrate the temperature, he said, no need, it's like that. Tecno oven, in 7 years, this is the only problem I had, and I only replace the oven light once.

Elba, was good, no problems at all and heating was very even in all my years of owning it, because I was moving out, and new place can only fit built in oven, i left the Elba behind, don't know if new owners kept it or toss out.

These are just my 2 cents worth of thoughts and experience --

I've been searching high and low for oven reviews, it's so difficult to find any info online. I realized, that most people are 1st time buyers in forums searching for ovens, but little feed back on use after their purchase. Even with feed back, most have used 1 brand, the brand they bought and there is no other brand to compare with.

Companies merge, buy out etc through the years, hard to determine the quality of the oven base on past performance. The actual people that use the ovens regularly........I imagine are home baker Aunties, maybe they don't go online to post their experience. Most info online are non relevant, as other countries have different ovens.

I looked at Brandt and Bosch, they seem to be the "IN" brand now, but I don't like the shelving system, using wire racks at both sides for the trays and grids to slide in, it's noisy and felt a bit clumsy and less space for pans. I'm comparing this with the ovens I've used, that is the groove type, which I just slide the trays into the grooves. the sales man will say that this type would scratch the sides over the long run and rust, but I prefer this. I've not had an oven that rust for all these years I've used them.

My Tecno, the fan at the back, when it's stain, there is no way to clean it yourself because you can't take it apart. This happens when there is grilling/roasting with the fan and the fats splatters (chicken, roast beef, lamb). I've stopped using the fan. Maybe the Pyrolytic may solve this problem, if the stains can be burnt to ashes...........

It' been very frustrating for me to find relevant info too.

On the bright side, I just recently found out that Mustafa sells a lot of electrical stuff and cheap pricing, and you can pay by credit card (to collect points/rewards). Oven selection not many, just Elba, EF and Techno.... but for fridge and washing machine etc, many, many brands and they are open 24 hours!!!! I hate the crowded place though...........

Edited by st2

I've used a few oven, TecnoGas, Elba 15 years, these 2 are free standing hob and oven. Tecno built in oven, used 7 years.

Tecno oven appears to have uneven heating, muffin tin 12 cup cakes, some were more brown then others. when I asked the technician to come, this guy is like sian sian type, not rude....but sian sian response. In his 50's maybe, ask him anything, he like think a long time and say, it's like that...you know what I mean. Ask him if he could calibrate the temperature, he said, no need, it's like that. Tecno oven, in 7 years, this is the only problem I had, and I only replace the oven light once.

Elba, was good, no problems at all and heating was very even in all my years of owning it, because I was moving out, and new place can only fit built in oven, i left the Elba behind, don't know if new owners kept it or toss out.

These are just my 2 cents worth of thoughts and experience --

I've been searching high and low for oven reviews, it's so difficult to find any info online. I realized, that most people are 1st time buyers in forums searching for ovens, but little feed back on use after their purchase. Even with feed back, most have used 1 brand, the brand they bought and there is no other brand to compare with.

Companies merge, buy out etc through the years, hard to determine the quality of the oven base on past performance. The actual people that use the ovens regularly........I imagine are home baker Aunties, maybe they don't go online to post their experience. Most info online are non relevant, as other countries have different ovens.

I looked at Brandt and Bosch, they seem to be the "IN" brand now, but I don't like the shelving system, using wire racks at both sides for the trays and grids to slide in, it's noisy and felt a bit clumsy and less space for pans. I'm comparing this with the ovens I've used, that is the groove type, which I just slide the trays into the grooves. the sales man will say that this type would scratch the sides over the long run and rust, but I prefer this. I've not had an oven that rust for all these years I've used them.

My Tecno, the fan at the back, when it's stain, there is no way to clean it yourself because you can't take it apart. This happens when there is grilling/roasting with the fan and the fats splatters (chicken, roast beef, lamb). I've stopped using the fan. Maybe the Pyrolytic may solve this problem, if the stains can be burnt to ashes...........

It' been very frustrating for me to find relevant info too.

On the bright side, I just recently found out that Mustafa sells a lot of electrical stuff and cheap pricing, and you can pay by credit card (to collect points/rewards). Oven selection not many, just Elba, EF and Techno.... but for fridge and washing machine etc, many, many brands and they are open 24 hours!!!! I hate the crowded place though...........

Thank you st2. Really headache right. i think i must go to the wet market and stalk the aunties liao.

Hey boyblunder

That's a good idea!!! should talk to the home baker aunties in the market.

Just to share a little more, I recently had to replace my Ariston washer, this served me 7 years too. I bought a LG F1422TD washer 2 months back and stacked my Ariston Dryer on top. This new LG washer is very silent until the spin cycle, but noise is slight. Very pleased with this.

I bought a Panasonic microwave convection oven last month, the results of cakes are different from the normal oven, which uses top and bottom heat. Cakes turned out dryer in the MW.

Because of the fan/convection mode for baking, better results for cookies, more crisp as the fan is on top.

There are built in MW ovens, it's generally more expensive, most brands have it. I don't think it's practical price and space wise to have both built in oven and MW built in. I look at decor magazines and drool over those beautiful, ID design huge kitchens with everything built in, including fridges....granite counter tops, island, stainless steel finish everything......hmm

Fujioh hoods are still the best, not so chic looking but it's really effective for our Asian style wet kitchen and easy to clean . For serious Asian cooking with gas and Wok, Fujioh hob is good and most brands Tecno, Turbo etc are about the same, go for concealed type for easier clean up.

If you want glass, ceramic and induction and no wok cooking then, go for the popular European brands. They really look so beautiful and so easy to wipe and clean.

For side by side fridge, I find the additional water outlet for ice water and ice troublesome as sometimes got problem. The ice water and ice sometimes have an off taste , I've tasted this in my relatives' houses, Samsung, Whirlpool etc. I drink bottled distilled water and my Panasonic 6 door has a dedicated ice maker compartment that filters the water before it makes ice. so when I compare, the off taste does bother me. I don't drink coffee or tea. Soft drinks maybe few times a year, so I know what I'm talking about when I drink loads of water everyday at home and dining out.

Edited by st2

Hi Boyblunder,

I bought Brandt 811 last Jan after going through this and various other forums. I use my oven almost everyday, either for baking or grilling. Till date, my oven has functioned very well. It delivers all that it promises. I think the pyrolytic one is definitely more useful if you grill or roast meats regularly, but the difference in price is almost 1k. The oven temp matches the thermostat and is fairly consistent throughout the oven. It does have its own hotspots, but they are not that significant to burn any stuff, even cookies. So all in all a good choice for me.

Like st2 mentioned, built-in microwaves are too costly and I am not sure of the usefulness if you already have a built-in oven, which will be used for baking, roasting or grilling. Better to go in for a simple microwave and a good built-in oven.

In general, Mega Discount Store tends to give the lowest prices, though you may find certain items cheaper elsewhere. You can do your homework with Mega, Mustafa, HN, BD, AH, GC and the local electrical stores and see who gives the best deal. Mustafa will not let you bargain, but the rest may be willing. Normally, I prefer Mustafa for small electrical appliances and Mega Discount for large ones.

Btw, I use LG washer/dryer and am happy with it, too.

Hope this helps.

Hi Strata

So glad you are sharing, we need more sharing of experience like yours, thank you. I was looking at Brandt 811 oven too.

Do you find the wire rack shelving cumbersome when pulling out the hot grids or trays? Does it slide out nicely?

How do you deal with the fan's stains? I was told to just live with it?!?!?! Could you share more on your grilling/roasting experience in regards to the cleaning up afterwards? Really appreciate anything you can share further on your use of this oven. Thanks in advance.