Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Kitchen Matters & fellow oven hunters,

I am planning to get a built-in oven too and have narrowed down to Brandt and Bosch.

I am a new baker and need your help in choosing a good one for me.

Please advise which brand and model will be best for a beginner and the estimated budget.

BTW, will you recommend Tecno Oven since they are made in Italy? A friend recommended it and said that it has lasted her 8 years and running still. GAB also said that this brand can buy, if the model is made in Italy. Any idea anyone? :)

Thank you very much for your advice :)

Hi Kitchen Matters,

I'm new to the forum and also planning to get a built-in oven too. However I really know nuts about oven. Basically I will be using the oven for bakering and grilling only therefore i think a basic oven is good enough.

Could you advice which model is more value for money. My budget is about $600 to $800. My friend recently bought a Ariston FD 61.1 Ice for $699 and she told me it's extremely value for money as the original price is $919. It comes with Tangential ventilation ( i read your previous post and i know this is important) Timer function, Internal Oven light, Triper Layer Glass Door & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 2 Grid. The Ice mirror finishing looks cool!!

Now Mayer have other model FZ 61.1IX selling for $569 original price is $799. It comes with Tangential Ventilation, Inox Clean Stain Resistant Surface, Timer Function, Thermostat Control Function, Triple Layer Glass Door & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 1 Grid

The differences btwn the 2 is FD 61.1 Ice come with Interior Oven Light & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 2 Grid however FZ 61.1IX come with Inox Clean Stain Resistant Surface, Thermostat Control Function & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 1 Grid.

Could you advice which is better? FD 61.1 Ice or FZ 61.1IX.

Also, I'm open to other brands so long as it suit my budget and have the basic functions. Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards,

Edited by avatarsun

Hi Kitchen Matters,

I'm new to the forum and also planning to get a built-in oven too. However I really know nuts about oven. Basically I will be using the oven for bakering and grilling only therefore i think a basic oven is good enough.

Could you advice which model is more value for money. My budget is about $600 to $800. My friend recently bought a Ariston FD 61.1 Ice for $699 and she told me it's extremely value for money as the original price is $919. It comes with Tangential ventilation ( i read your previous post and i know this is important) Timer function, Internal Oven light, Triper Layer Glass Door & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 2 Grid. The Ice mirror finishing looks cool!!

Now Mayer have other model FZ 61.1IX selling for $569 original price is $799. It comes with Tangential Ventilation, Inox Clean Stain Resistant Surface, Timer Function, Thermostat Control Function, Triple Layer Glass Door & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 1 Grid

The differences btwn the 2 is FD 61.1 Ice come with Interior Oven Light & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 2 Grid however FZ 61.1IX come with Inox Clean Stain Resistant Surface, Thermostat Control Function & Oven Accessories: 1 Dripping Tray, 1 Grid.

Could you advice which is better? FD 61.1 Ice or FZ 61.1IX.

Also, I'm open to other brands so long as it suit my budget and have the basic functions. Thank you very much for your advice.

Regards,

Hi Avatarsun

I intended to buy FZ61.1IX initially too; it is really a good buy after the promotion. But when I check the specs again, I realize that this model doesnt come with auto cut off timer. For safety purposes, I opted for other model.

Hi Avatarsun

I intended to buy FZ61.1IX initially too; it is really a good buy after the promotion. But when I check the specs again, I realize that this model doesnt come with auto cut off timer. For safety purposes, I opted for other model.

Arrg!! I just called mayer this afternoon, FZ61.1IX at the price of $569 is sold out!!!! now they are selling it at $699 and will have to wait till MID Jan!!.......

Hi Yumiko,

So at the end which model did you buy? i need to get the oven latest by end next month.

Many thanks!

Actually I am in a dilemma to choose between Brandt or Bosch. I have shortlisted 2 models Brandt FE811XS1 and Bosch HBN331E2J. I need to get the oven latest by mid December. I still cannot make up my mind yet... :(

Actually I am in a dilemma to choose between Brandt or Bosch. I have shortlisted 2 models Brandt FE811XS1 and Bosch HBN331E2J. I need to get the oven latest by mid December. I still cannot make up my mind yet... :(

I am also having the same problem.... dont know which one to choose.. has any forummer got any clues as to which shop is offering the best price for these two ovens??

Hi Yumiko,

Do you mind to share with me what is the price for Brandt FE811XS1 and Bosch HBN331E2J?

I am also having the same problem.... dont know which one to choose.. has any forummer got any clues as to which shop is offering the best price for these two ovens??

Everjoint at AMK is cheapest

but only cash payment

Everjoint at AMK is cheapest

but only cash payment

i got quotes from everjoint for my two brands of fridge really good price but the quote on mitsubishi was not so good....

then when i ask about the ovens pricing, their prices were cheap but definitely not the best.

i think i will end up buying from a superstore. the price for the fridge was similar but the oven definitely were cheaper. i just told the sales person that i got a quote from everjoint and he took out a calculator and show me prices that i was happy with.... now pending which oven to purchase.

i would say that it is always a good choice to check all prices then go to any major stores and inform them that i have a quote and for my case, i am a happy consumer getting good pricing!

moreover, they can give u options of payment in cash or credit card.

Hi Yumiko,

Do you mind to share with me what is the price for Brandt FE811XS1 and Bosch HBN331E2J?

I have checked the price at Rina Electrical at Shaw Centre:

Brandt FE811XS1: $899 and Bosch HBN331E2J: $799 (7% off if paying lum sum in cash)

Brandt FE811XS1: $789 and Bosch HBN331E2J: $625 (Everjoint)

Bosch HBN331E2J: $650 (Kong Tai)

Btw, I still havent made up my mind which one to buy... :(

i made a call to Mr L.... from everjoint and the price quote for the Brandt oven was the same at $789 but the oven for the bosch was at $635. However when i enquire from the mode of payment, he mentioned that i could either pay by cheque or cash only.

The 2nd shop which i visited personally was at Goh ah bee which they sold me the items through a catologue. the price quote was $780 for the brandt oven wherelse the bosch oven was at $640/-

The final visit was at Harvey Norman Milenia walk. I met this salesperson and my shopping trip ended when he guarantee me a price return should his price be higher then any of the neighbourhood shops but of course i was amazed by his knowledge on ovens given his years. pretty satisfied with the price quote given to me. Brandt oven at $780 and bosch oven at $630/- which i could either pay by cash or CREDIT CARD!

He patiently offered me the extended warranty on the ovens (which i did not purchase) and he even told me that a decision could still be made as long as the delivery was not met. two thumbs up to him and i will definitely get back for my next purchase of my fridge if he can give me a reasonable price... looking forward to my delivery next wk!!!!

Any assistance required to get his contact, pls email me and i will gladly pass on his contact to any forummer here.

i made a call to Mr L.... from everjoint and the price quote for the Brandt oven was the same at $789 but the oven for the bosch was at $635. However when i enquire from the mode of payment, he mentioned that i could either pay by cheque or cash only.

The 2nd shop which i visited personally was at Goh ah bee which they sold me the items through a catologue. the price quote was $780 for the brandt oven wherelse the bosch oven was at $640/-

The final visit was at Harvey Norman Milenia walk. I met this salesperson and my shopping trip ended when he guarantee me a price return should his price be higher then any of the neighbourhood shops but of course i was amazed by his knowledge on ovens given his years. pretty satisfied with the price quote given to me. Brandt oven at $780 and bosch oven at $630/- which i could either pay by cash or CREDIT CARD!

He patiently offered me the extended warranty on the ovens (which i did not purchase) and he even told me that a decision could still be made as long as the delivery was not met. two thumbs up to him and i will definitely get back for my next purchase of my fridge if he can give me a reasonable price... looking forward to my delivery next wk!!!!

Any assistance required to get his contact, pls email me and i will gladly pass on his contact to any forummer here.

is the salesperson Devo?

I met a very knowledgeable sales staff at that branch too