Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hi everyone,

I have been following up closely on this built in oven discussion especially the advices from Kitchen Matters and Strata. I am also deciding between FE811XS1 and EOB31002X, can anyone help me on this?

1) What is the maximum power in watt for FE811XS1?

2) I heard there is no oven lamp for EOB31002X. Is this true?

If given the option to choose between these 2 models, which one is recommended? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HiHi everyone / Kitchen Matters (if you see this)...

I've read through all the threads on this tpoic and need all your advices.

My new house will be ready in about two months time and my hubby and I are now looking for electrical appliances. An oven would be the most important iem for me as I'm a baking fanatic and i almost bake every week. I've shortlisted Bosch and Brandt and have gone down to Rina today to have a look. I'm leaning towards Brandt but would like to have your feedback whether Bosch or Brandt is better.

I'm also in a dilemma whether to get the better FC842XS1 or the basic Fe811XS1 (if i choose Brandt) or HBN331E2J (Bosch) . Is catalytic cleaning good or should I just get a normal one without self-cleaning? I know I'll definitely bake alot but not too sure for grilling and roasting. I don't cook much now but I think I may when I move in and settled in our new house. What I'm worried is that an oven with too many functions would produce less efficient coooking? But I do not want to regret not getting a good oven in future. My budget still allows me to buy a mid-range of abt $1500.

Any existing owners who have used this two brands and models can let me have your feedback?? Please advise!! :)

Hi Kitchen Matter,

I would like to get a built-in oven. Do you've any recommendation? I would mainly use it for baking, grilling & roasting.

I intend to install it in the middle of the kitchen bar. Would there be any problem?

Hi Kitchen Matter,

I would like to get a built-in oven. Do you've any recommendation? I would mainly use it for baking, grilling & roasting.

I intend to install it in the middle of the kitchen bar. Would there be any problem?

I went to Mayerr warehse sale on last Fri. Got an Ariston MB91.3 IX (display set c/w 6-month warranty) but looked brand new for <1K+30 for delivery. Happi with the purchase. They only had 5 sets & i got the 3rd sets. The last set was gone before we left the place. Fyi, this is a 90cm wide oven, which is a rarity for household set. Most 90cm are for commercial use & cost >2K.

hi,

I am new here and looking for electrical knowledge so that I become able to repair small problem in my electrical appliances

By the way, Built in oven are a new kinda a appliance for me , because i never use such ovens :)

Hi All,

I bought expensive electrolux oven 4 years before.

It worked fine for last 3 years but headache since last year.

Their after sale service is depressing.

Hi kitchen matter,

Have u heard of blomberg oven? Does it worth investing? Or which brand in the market is cheaper n good?

Hi KM, pls help me. Btw, what is a steam oven?

Hi Kitchen Matters,

everything's fine and piecing in well. thanks for the feedback. :)

i have bought Brandt FP867SX1 after the sales guy confirmed that it only uses 15amp loading hence no issue. Phew! Got mine at $1630 after a little bargaining. :D

Cant wait to lay my hands on this baby! Thanks for the advise on the self cleaning panels and turning on fan mode to rid of the lingering smell (silly me didnt think of this at that time!) :P

Hi El Nino_Al Nito,

care to share where you bought your Brandt FP867XS1 from? i got mine from Mega Discount Store in Kallang at $1660 :( . Together with it, i also bought an induction hob at $1240 (Brandt: T1607BU1) & a Hood @ $620 (Brandt: AD990XC)

Hi El Nino_Al Nito,

care to share where you bought your Brandt FP867XS1 from? i got mine from Mega Discount Store in Kallang at $1660 :( . Together with it, i also bought an induction hob at $1240 (Brandt: T1607BU1) & a Hood @ $620 (Brandt: AD990XC)

Hi All Gurus,

I'm wanting to get a built-in oven when I do my reno in the upcoming months and am wondering which dimension would be the best to avoid future hiccups i.e. when the old one spoilt, which dimension is the easiest to find a replacement?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

my house is undergoing reno and i'm getting a built in oven. went to HN at Millennia Walk today and the SA rec me Electrolux EOC3500X, special price of $1299 (usual $1599) its a 52 litre oven, pryro, 3 layer glass door, with both top and bottom heating elements with fan, and digital display. apparently made in Germany. Anyone using this model? It's 15A so I won't need to worry about power tripping since the Bosch HBA43B450A i was looking at is a 16A.

i'm tempted to get it since for this price range, i won't be able to get a pyro oven from Bosch or Brandt, only one with a catalytic cleaning function. My mother insists on a self-cleaning function, and i find catalytic plates rather useless since it's only 1-2plates.

i'm an occasional baker, my main concern is even heating and oven heating up fast (previously using a Rowenta oven with the self-cleaning rough interiors). my mum would be the one doing most of the grilling.

Otherwise, anyone have brands/models to rec within this price range?

Went back to HN tonight and decided not to get the Electrolux oven, the oven door feels rather flimsy to me, especially when you remove the plastic cover and the 3 panels can be moved.

Since I want to get a pyro oven, have settled on the Brandt fp867xs1. It comes with the top+bottom heating with fan that i need for baking.

Mother rushing me to decide since we need to do the kitchen shelves, and the brandt seems rather popular. Those who've bought it recently, do let me know of any good prices. HN had it at $1899 which i believe is the usual retail price.

Edited by laeticia521