Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Berry,

Which HN did you check with? Did you try the one at Millenia Walk? The last time i was looking for FE811, i was told that HN Millenia still carry some.

Its a discon model though, so i went on to get FE1011, i got it at a really good price. Less than $800 after cash rebate. Try the neighbourhood retailers..

I went to HN Millenia walk and the guy said they have no more stock, so i plan to get 1011. which neighbourhood retailer did you go?

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

I will be getting a new built in oven for the 1st time for my mum as she is renovating her kitchen soon.

We went to check out the displays at megastore today and she had her eyes on the TURBO INCANTO TFX6605 that is approx $700. After checking out this site, I realised that the bigger brands such as BOSCH also has an entry model around that range.

Would appreciate if anyone could give me a recommendation on which to get, or if TURBO is a good brand. My budget will be capped at $800, and she mostly bakes cakes, pizzas and occasionaly grills. She is quite particular about the fan to circulate the heat, so its a must have.

Thank you in advance for any inputs.

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum, and from m'sia. I'm looking to buy an oven and after searching countless numbers of forums, nothing compares to the comprehensive thread here, so I hope you wont mind helping me out..

I've recently taken up baking, and decided to get a 'proper' oven since the (old) microwave convection oven i got kept blistering my pastries and undercooking my cookies. After reading through all 16 (! :D ) pages of this discussion thread, have finally shortlisted to 3 below:

1) Bosch HBN531E0B, which from the product description, seems identical to HBN331E2J. 

HBN531E0B - http://www.bosch-home.com/my/HBN531E0.html

HBN331E2J - http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/HBN331E2J.html

Anyone knows if this is the same? Or if i'm making a huge mistake? Biggest attraction is the 3D turbo function, which I'm assuming is convection baking? And also secondly, catalytic cleaners inside, but not 100% sure since this needs replacing after a few years? And also the price which is relatively cheap (MYR2390).

2) Bosch HBA23B250E - 23http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/HBA23B250E.html . 

But I'm not sure if this comes with convection function. It doesn't have the 3D turbo fan thing, but it says it has 'circulating air' - does anyone know what this means? Also any thoughts on the 'ecoclean' function? 

3) Electrolux eob305x

Plus points - big capacity, convection baking, auto-off timer, removable glass door. Minus, dont know know reliable it is, and read some reviews that it can be flimsy? It 'felt' flimsier than e.g. Teka or Bosch, but cld just be my lack of expertise. Any one with knowledge or experience of this?

I'm a little confused though since model numbers seem to be different for a similar product and wondering if it's mainly a country distribution thing, or if it's actually totally different, and also quite sad that we dont seem to sell Brandt in m'sia since that comes highly recommended. Either way, and thoughts or ideas you have would be most appreciated! Esp from KM as you seem to be the guru with a lot of knowledge on ovens :) Thanks super super a lot. 

J

Hi everyone,

Am new to this forum..I enjoyed reading this thread for built-in ovens and appreciate the advice, especially from Kitchen Matters.

Looking for a steamer cum oven which can steam, bake, grill and roast.

Though I am new to baking & cooking, I intend to invest in a good appliance since I maybe using it daily in future..

Due to space constraints, the oven will have to be placed next to the refrigerator.

While not advisable, I understand having wooden partion and sufficient gap space should overcome this problem.

Have decided on Rinnai hob - RB-3SS and Fujoh hood - FX 900/900V after visiting various showrooms, as well as reading reviews from renotalk and other forums.

the Fujoh hood is the only model that can fit beneath our kitchen cabinets, but from what the dealers told me, they recommend Fujoh hoods for the most powerful suction.

I do have a problem with built-in oven. Since I am looking for a combi steam/oven function. I do not wish to have 2 separate appliances.

The reason why I opt for a steam/oven function is because I do not like cook stir-fry. I am willing to spend more time preparing, chopping ingredients, popping them in an oven..

than having to stir-fry anything on the stove. Why then invest in a good cooker hob & hood when any brand will do? Reason being: less oily fumes, cleaner walls..easy cleanup

Would appreciate any advice..as well as users of Meile ovens. They do have a steam oven..but I need the oven for baking and roasting as well!

I have invested in a Meile Washer & Dryer set..and it is a worthwhile investment. But I would like to know if there are any other brands available for steam/ovens.

While one can do no wrong with a Meile appliance, I would like to know of other options, so that I may make an informed choice.

I believe in paying for good quality and function. Aesthetics are a bonus (although I'm particular about this as well!)

Kitchen Matters, have enjoyed reading your insightful comments, would appreciate any advice from you.

To all fellow renotalk forumers, may your new built-in oven (whichever brand one chooses) bring you much joy and pleasure. Your efforts will be appreiated by your family & friends!

Hi, i'm a newbie to oven. Know nothing about oven and need advice from the forumers here. Which is the good convention oven i can buy with budget around $1K? Need to have self cleaning function, coz i don't want to clean everytime.

TIA :yamseng:

Thanks for your explanation.

We will just use it to bake the cake, pizza, sometimes may do some simple roasting as well.

Thus, I guess we will narrow down to the basic models. Will consider among the below models.

1. Brandt FE811 -- ~S$800 Made in France, two layer of glasses,

2. Bosch HBN331E2J -- ~S$660 Made in Turkey, two layer of glasses, electronic timer

3. Bosch HBA23B550J -- S$900 Made in Germany, promotion as it is going to EOL, 3 layer glasses, catalytic panel at back, electronic timer

4. La Germania F669 -- S$800 Made in Italy, 2 layer glasses, electronic timer, self cleaning (catalytic panel at top, side, back)

Please suggest which one I should go. Is the country of origin play a big part on the product quality?

We aiming to use it for at least 5 years....

TIA

Hi Lemontee,

I bought the Bertazzoni which is from the same manufacturer as La Germania....It works great! :) Been using it these past few months and my cakes come out fantastic! Very even and nicely browned. It's the same brand that Bill Gates uses....or is it Steve Jobs (haha, always mix these 2 tekkies up!). I bought the stand alone 90cm range with burners on top but I got it split ovens below ie one bigger one smaller so that I use the smaller one when its just family but the bigger one when I entertain/roast big birds.

Just returned from the US so my first choice was a wolf or viking but those are just crazily expensive in Sg... Anyway, love my Berta and it really helps me save electricity when I use the smaller oven. Not too sure if its the same for La Germania but in terms of appearance, you can choose between about 6 different colors and have it done by the same factory which paints Ferraris. I got it customized to fit the deco of my kitchen! Sweet! Only problem is that it took 2-3 months for it to be shipped from Italy to Sg...groan.

As for Bosch...I only have Bosch microwave but must say that since it works fantastic, Im guessing the oven would be a quality product too?

Not sure if you have already purchased your oven but if you haven't, my bet would be on either La Germania or Bosch. PM me if you wish more details.

Happy Shopping...and Baking!!! :)

Cheers,

Serapheve

Hi fellow built in oven owners and seekers :)

Does anyone own a TURBO INCANTO multifunction oven TFE6608SS?

Went down to Goh Ah Bee @ Kovan & what attracted me that for $835.00 I can get a 8 function oven.

Hope someone who has experience with this oven can give some feedback...

many thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Not sure this is the correct place to post. I would like to sell away my over ariston FX61.1 (IX). Bought it 1+ yr. Used it less than 5 times.

Reason to sell: Changes on job and now to time to do baking. and moving to my new house soon which come with a built in oven.

Looking at $500. Interested pls let me know winup(@)yahoo.com. seldom login here.

Thanks

Edited by winup22

Hi every body, I'm new to this forum and this is my 1st posting. 😓😓😓. Need help for advise

I have bought a EF built in oven BN 1950S.

( does it come with a Turbo fan?)

And also considering a built in steamer

Brandt FV 1000X Or,

Brandt FV 1040X

Any review on the above?

Thank u 😊😊😊😊

Hi every body, I'm new to this forum and this is my 1st posting. 😓😓😓. Need help for advise

I have bought a EF built in oven BN 1950S.

( does it come with a Turbo fan?)

And also considering a built in steamer

Brandt FV 1000X Or,

Brandt FV 1040X

Any review on the above?

Thank u 😊😊😊😊

Hi there,

No sure of EF, as I have not use before. But will like to recommend on Bosch oven as it is simply brilliant for my family.

Been using this brand since my parent time and I have install the built in oven, 331E2 in my new place. Simply the best tools that my wife used in the kitchen.

Just a bit more, my washer was also from Bosch, model: 28448. Reliable and easy to use! Got it both from E.J electrical at AMK, for their good price.

Anyone with the same model, don't mind sharing your views on it.

Based on experience, steamer below. Know the reason why? Because if you had to clean the steamer yourself every time after each cooking, chances are that you would slack after a while and start to steam your food one after another without cleaning. The water would start to accumulate and drip from the steamer to your oven below, damaging your oven microprocessor because it (water) can easily sap into the gaps. Painful and expensive lesson, so ladies and gentlemen, don't relearn.