Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Based on experience, steamer below. Know the reason why? Because if you had to clean the steamer yourself every time after each cooking, chances are that you would slack after a while and start to steam your food one after another without cleaning. The water would start to accumulate and drip from the steamer to your oven below, damaging your oven microprocessor because it (water) can easily sap into the gaps. Painful and expensive lesson, so ladies and gentlemen, don't relearn.

Thank u

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi guys.. Can I know where is a good position to place the oven? Below the stove (gas tank is at the side with a parition) or by the fridge?

Hi guys.. Can I know where is a good position to place the oven? Below the stove (gas tank is at the side with a parition) or by the fridge?

You should place far away from stove or fridge. The heat is bad for fridge.

Any of you tried Baby Belling ovens before and liked it/keen to try together? Heard its back in SG after 2 years of disappearing and it is apparently called the best baking oven there is. Friends shared w me that its now 2 in 1-d new technology allows us to bake and fry at the same time with hot plates included with the oven. Pretty keen on trying it because I really want to bake more for the family!(: Any stories to share?

Hi,

I've a steam oven bought about a year ago and it just past the warranty period :((

Went home one day to find that it has tripped so sent to repair center and found out that the electronic board (can't remember the exact name) and the technician quoted S$600 plus.

I would like some advise on whether is it worth repairing it. If I don't repair, I won't be able to use at all but I go ahead and repair, I find it very expensive and probably the husband will make noice...

How?

Hi

I noticed some Bosch oven comes with eco-clean panels. Some saleman say the panel can serve life time, no need to replace panel. But some saleman say the panel still needs to be replaced like other catalyptic cleaning panels.....

Can someone share more knowledge on this? Thanks.

any one using tekka oven? anything to recommend. Normal range, cheap and good?

Don't know much about Tekka but I personally find Tecno cooking appliances pretty solid and value for money. Bought 2 Hob, Hood, Built-in Oven packages from Tecno (one for my parents house and one for mine) almost 10 years back and they've served us very well. Not to mention that my wife does quite a bit of baking and cooking.

Last month, we just bought another Hob Hood Oven package from their Warehouse sale to replace our existing set. The oven I got is the Tecno Largo 60 and I have to say, we're really happy with the purchase. Apart from its futuristic design, the heating is extremely even and precise, enabling us to get the textures and results we want with our food.

Hi All,

I bought expensive electrolux oven 4 years before.

It worked fine for last 3 years but headache since last year.

Their after sale service is depressing.

May i know what model you got?

Hi~ Anyone has any recommendations for built-in Oven and also built in microwave? Built-in microwave seems limited in the megastores to find.

Initially only wanted built-in Oven, budget around $800.

Realised that aesthetically and space wise, better to put a built-in microwave in the kitchen's tall unit as well.

Does anyone have any recommendations for either?

Hi ,

Most construction of power point is behind the oven (mostly top right or left. ) But now most construction built a power point outside and run a wire into the cabinet than use a connector to joint the wire from the oven (which is not advisable) . As most cabinet is slightly more than 600mm as oven in built depth is not yet 600mm so is quite safe.

My oven plug is inside the cabinet so is ok :)

KM

Hi ,

For the position of oven is all depends on the design , the hob (Glass or stainless steel) , and location for safety. Some people put beside the fridge ( Is call Tall unit cabinet ) but you need at least 10 to 15 cm allowance between the fridge . And now most oven now comes with a features that blow out hot air so your cabinet will not be hot and cool the oven down .

And for some the put right below the stove is because space limited . As long the hob is stainless steel and not tempered glass is ok but the sad point is while your cooking and baking at the same time hot air will travel to your legs . And if there's children around must be carful.

For tall units is easily to open in standing position and some standing units cabinet can even construct a pull out tray or drawer to put your hot stuff.

if still feel uncomfortable you may consider building a island unit or a built in oven box (which you need to put on a stable table. )

Thanks

KM