Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If anyone is looking for a built in oven, just to share that Bosch is having a promotion on HBA23B550J, which is going at $900 thereabouts (+/- a little depending on which retailer you go to).

If anyone is looking for a built in oven, just to share that Bosch is having a promotion on HBA23B550J, which is going at $900 thereabouts (+/- a little depending on which retailer you go to).

Hi,

I am considering about this model. Could anyone please help to complain against the below models:

1. Bosch HBN331E2J

2. Brandt 811SX

3. Brandt 867SX

4. La Germania F669 Series

Thanks

Hi,

I am considering about this model. Could anyone please help to complain against the below models:

1. Bosch HBN331E2J

2. Brandt 811SX

3. Brandt 867SX

Thanks

Wah... you have a very wide range of models being considered. First of all, I think you might want to decide between

(1) What are you using it for? Are you going to do massive roasting in which case a self cleaning model will be useful.

(2) Budget. How much do you want to spend (the models you quoted range from $600 - $2000)

(3) Self Cleaning (Catalytic or Pyrolytic?)

The Bosch 331 and Brandt 811 are the lead-in models for Bosch and Brandt respectively. If you are only going to do simple baking, these models should be more than sufficient.

The Bosch 23A is a partial self cleaning model. Only the back panel is a Catalytic panel, the sides are enamel. This model is going to be discontinued, hence the promo.

The Brandt 867 is a full pyrolytic self cleaning model.

I can't really explain the different between Catalytic and Pyrolytic, but if you do a search you can find a lot of information on it.

I dunno about the La Germania as I never considered it.

Wah... you have a very wide range of models being considered. First of all, I think you might want to decide between

(1) What are you using it for? Are you going to do massive roasting in which case a self cleaning model will be useful.

(2) Budget. How much do you want to spend (the models you quoted range from $600 - $2000)

(3) Self Cleaning (Catalytic or Pyrolytic?)

Thanks for your explanation.

We will just use it to bake the cake, pizza, sometimes may do some simple roasting as well.

Thus, I guess we will narrow down to the basic models. Will consider among the below models.

1. Brandt FE811 -- ~S$800 Made in France, two layer of glasses,

2. Bosch HBN331E2J -- ~S$660 Made in Turkey, two layer of glasses, electronic timer

3. Bosch HBA23B550J -- S$900 Made in Germany, promotion as it is going to EOL, 3 layer glasses, catalytic panel at back, electronic timer

4. La Germania F669 -- S$800 Made in Italy, 2 layer glasses, electronic timer, self cleaning (catalytic panel at top, side, back)

Please suggest which one I should go. Is the country of origin play a big part on the product quality?

We aiming to use it for at least 5 years....

TIA

Just wondering if Brandt FP867SX1 is the same as FP1067XS according to brandt FP1067XS is their latest model (wat's the difference)

Edited by cubeball

1067 should have the same features as 867, except that it is the newer improved model. Something like comparing PS3 vs PS2. :)

But I have only seen Rina Electrical stocking it... the rest are still selling 867.

Just wondering if Brandt FP867SX1 is the same as FP1067XS according to brandt FP1067XS is their latest model (wat's the difference)

Ok ... confirm tat FP1067XS is the latest model, looks nicer with more glass. Otherwise it's the same function. Same goes for other oven models for brandt, think started in April ba

Hi,

1. Bosch HBN331E2J

2. Brandt 811SX

3. Brandt 867SX

Thanks

hi,

the F 669 and FP 867 are self cleaning model ovens. Basically if you are into roasting or grilling stuff, it will be good to have them. As for your needs, the 331 and 811 models should pretty much serve that purpose though there are some feature differences between the two.

The comparison mode for the two models is the best to my knowledge .....

bosch oven

basically 5 sets of different features... for usage of the baking of pizza you can either use the bottom heat function which is concentrating on the finishing of the crust of the pizza

brandt oven

a 6 feature oven which has a dedicated feature specially meant for the finishing of the crust of the pizza and the ingredients that is being laid on the pizza.

Hope that helps...

rgds

critic.

hi,

i am new here and need KM's advice. After reading all the threads..i am inclined to buy:

1) Brandt FE811XS1 (selling S$899 at H/N)

2) Brandt FP867XS1 (selling S$1899 at H/N)

then saw this brand at centrepoint:

3) Blomberg 9790X (now offer S$2038)

obviously when price is concerned, option1 is only the choice. However, if i decide to buy option2, then shd also consider option3 as it seems to have more functions than Brandt? (e.g.

Blomberg:

64L oven cavity

interior lighting with 2 square halogen lamps

No rotisserie (but there is turnspit function, what is the diff?)

15A

14 cooking functions

electronic touch control

3-level telescopic racks

Brandt:

54L oven cavity

interior lighting with 1 bulb

has rotisserie

16A

10 cooking functions

rotary knob control

can KM advise? i am new in baking but intend to bake a lot in future...not just cakes..but also casseroles, grilling etc. so is option1 good enough?

many thanks in advance!

Hi, I am new here. I just went to HN and was informed that Brandt FE811XS1 has been discon for 6 mths. The replacement model (forgotten the model) is selling at $999 (after $200 cash rebate). Anyone knows about it? Where can i get Brandt FE811XS1 at good price?

1011 is the updated version of 811. It's like comparing iPhone4S and iPhone4. The key features are still largely similar. The pricing you quote for 1011 seems a little expensive though, cuz 811 is around $800+.

If 1011 is going at $999, you might want to consider the Bosch HBA23 something model, which has a self cleaning back panel, looks nicer and has more features than Brandt 811/1011. This Bosch model is going at $999 thereabouts because it is also a discon model.

http://prod-paysfront.seevia.com/uploads/20110421054209/Brandt%20BI%20Catalogue%202011.pdf

Berry,

Which HN did you check with? Did you try the one at Millenia Walk? The last time i was looking for FE811, i was told that HN Millenia still carry some.

Its a discon model though, so i went on to get FE1011, i got it at a really good price. Less than $800 after cash rebate. Try the neighbourhood retailers..