Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

Can see that Bosch and Brandt are highly recommended here but are there other brands that are cheaper? The Wife is into baking but probably would only do some every 3 months or so..For me, I'm afraid the infrequent usage would cause premature breakdown of the oven so not very keen to spend too much on an oven else later heart pain.

Would appreciate if the forum users here can recommended a mid-range kind that's gd enough for casual baking.

Thanks!

Hi kitchen matter,

Have u heard of blomberg oven? Does it worth investing? Or which brand in the market is cheaper n good?

Hi Bhua ;

so sorry for the late reply ,

Been busy doing some projects . BTW Blombery is by Casa agent . They have done quite a few projects in Spore and there're prices are quite EX .

For purchasing an oven , go for your needs :) , as some of my clients or friends purchase some ovens but did not use the feature at all or some just go for looks - i mean design . As most Built In ovens comes with Min. 5 cooking programs which can do wonders .

I found out that Ariston FZ series ovens are quite good , Model is FZ 61.1 IX as it comes with 6 cooking programs , ventalation ( which will cools down the oven once it reach a certain Temp. as it will protect your cabinet :)

Or you may consider Brandt or Bosch .

KM

Hi All Gurus,

I'm wanting to get a built-in oven when I do my reno in the upcoming months and am wondering which dimension would be the best to avoid future hiccups i.e. when the old one spoilt, which dimension is the easiest to find a replacement?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi sgdstuff,

For cut out size , you may consider :

W : 558mm , H : 585mm , D:600mm

Above is for 60 cm built in oven and the above is cut out size .

KM

Hi KM, pls help me. Btw, what is a steam oven?

Hi Bhua ;

The effectiveness of a steam oven is greater than steaming steamer on the hob. Steam ovens retain vitamins and mineral salts in the food. You can steam separate food types together with no flavour contamination, so vegetables and puddings can be steamed together simultaneously in one appliance making steam ovens convenient and economic.

The steam cooking function works by using accessories with telescopic runners, a full-width stainless steel steam tray with glass lid that is filled with up to 400ml of water and then placed in the cavity.

so sorry for the delay

KM

siao liao, i just bought the electrolux EOB31002X. Hope all things will go well.

Hi orion72 ,

No worries ,

Just remember to pre heat your oven once a month ( using top and bottom heat with fan and temp around 220 degree for about 15 to 20 mins. To protect the heating element.

KM

I went to Mayerr warehse sale on last Fri. Got an Ariston MB91.3 IX (display set c/w 6-month warranty) but looked brand new for <1K+30 for delivery. Happi with the purchase. They only had 5 sets & i got the 3rd sets. The last set was gone before we left the place. Fyi, this is a 90cm wide oven, which is a rarity for household set. Most 90cm are for commercial use & cost >2K.

Hi berry10 ,

I also wetn to Mayer sales to check out some oven and appliance :) I also saw some sanitary ware selling there :) Some of the appliances look brand new too . As for the above you purchase is quite a good buy :)

Happy Baking :)

KM

Hi Kitchen Matter,

I would like to get a built-in oven. Do you've any recommendation? I would mainly use it for baking, grilling & roasting.

I intend to install it in the middle of the kitchen bar. Would there be any problem?

Hi AngryGrome ;

Go for oven that have 5-6 cooking programs , Example Top and Bottom heat , Top and Bottom heat with fan , Grill , Grill with fan , bottom heat :)

When installing an oven is best to consider a few stuff :)

++ Putting an oven on a standing body position for easy acess or to prevent children from touching :)

++ Avoid putting an glass hob direct on top an oven as the heat may damper the glass hob ( Not advisable )

++ Try avoid putting near a fridge

++ Be sure have the electrical point near the oven as most oven now wire comes with 0.9 meter ( not advisable to joint wire to wire )

Cheers :)

KM

++ Be sure have the electrical point near the oven as most oven now wire comes with 0.9 meter ( not advisable to joint wire to wire )

Cheers :)

KM

0.9m is too short. I bought 2m big fat wire (kiasu) & connected to a std 3-pin plug. When the delivery guy fr mayer came, they offered to 'swap' the wires for me. :)

It is very easy to install. If you know how to install a 3-pin plug, you can do it. :D

Hi Bhua ;

so sorry for the late reply ,

Been busy doing some projects . BTW Blombery is by Casa agent . They have done quite a few projects in Spore and there're prices are quite EX .

For purchasing an oven , go for your needs :) , as some of my clients or friends purchase some ovens but did not use the feature at all or some just go for looks - i mean design . As most Built In ovens comes with Min. 5 cooking programs which can do wonders .

I found out that Ariston FZ series ovens are quite good , Model is FZ 61.1 IX as it comes with 6 cooking programs , ventalation ( which will cools down the oven once it reach a certain Temp. as it will protect your cabinet :)

Or you may consider Brandt or Bosch .

KM

Hi KM,

Thanks for ur time. I have somehow or rather decided to get Bosch HBN331E2J since I m a beginner on baking and also is cheaper. But what I don't like about this model is that it doesn't have top and bottom heater with fan...which I was told it would be better to have this function. What do u think? Does this model have ventilation?

As for Ariston, I am v worried about their after sale service!

Also, my new kitchen is an open concept and I m thinking of getting Bosch hood model:DWB095751. What is ur opinion? Does this hood powerful enough?

Thank you for ur time, once again.

KM

Edited by Bhua

Hi... I am thinking of getting Brandt FP867XS1 pyrolytic oven. I am thinking of encasing it in brick and tile. There is no ventilation hole at the back, on top, or below the oven. Is that a problem?

If not, how does this oven ventilate?

Hi

Is there anyone using miele oven here?

We used the Miele before and love it. The oven build quality is very good and the temperature setting is very accurate. Perfect for baking. The downside is the price. Anyone know if there is a good retailer that can offer a better price than Rina and Miele themselve?

Hi KM,

Thanks for ur time. I have somehow or rather decided to get Bosch HBN331E2J since I m a beginner on baking and also is cheaper. But what I don't like about this model is that it doesn't have top and bottom heater with fan...which I was told it would be better to have this function. What do u think? Does this model have ventilation?

As for Ariston, I am v worried about their after sale service!

Also, my new kitchen is an open concept and I m thinking of getting Bosch hood model:DWB095751. What is ur opinion? Does this hood powerful enough?

Thank you for ur time, once again.

KM

Hey hi,

Just to reassure you again Bosch oven DOES come with top bottom heat and fan the person which want to sell you other brand oven and tell you Bosch does not have it sure to be competitor of other brand.

Thanks.

Hi... I am thinking of getting Brandt FP867XS1 pyrolytic oven. I am thinking of encasing it in brick and tile. There is no ventilation hole at the back, on top, or below the oven. Is that a problem?

If not, how does this oven ventilate?

Hi there,

fp867xs1 oven will vent out from the front of the oven. So does other ovens. No extra ventilation hole are required at back or other sides. Hope this can help u. Cheers