Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Kitchen Matters

Thank you for your reply. We went for the warehouse sales. But was not attracted by the discounts/sales that they offered as mostly are display set.

Thus, we went over to Great World and bought our oven and hob there. Angie suggested us to get : FZ 61.1 IX as this oven has sighly better specifications than FB : 51.2 IX. So we decided to get the latter.

I have no idea of how to use the oven. Is there any class that I can attend besides the 2 free cooking classes Mayer offered?

TIA.

Hi Josvin.

cool , that a good oven ( FZ 61.1IX ) It comes with 6 cookining programs. Once install , must remember to pre heat the oven first and must do it once a month to prevent it from tripping . As mayer provides 2 free baking lesson , i find it good to attend it. Buttheres some community centre which i know also provide baking lesson and some cooking school also provide baking lesson . I heard theres one near GWC ( Creative Cultnary ) by Chef Judy that good.

I try to get the full address for you :)

KM

running fine. tried to bake cake, grill fish, meat etc. still need to learn how to cook with oven, the timing, temperature etc.

so far happy with the OS99 oven. Looks great too in my kitchen. Must say the capacity is huge.

good :)

KM

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Need your valuable comments on Bosch HBA78B750 and some recommended places to buy from...tks in advance.

Hi

sorry for the late reply ,

this oven comes with Pyrolytic oven , child lock , 3 pcs of glass door , and energy class A . The capacity is 56 litres . is consider 1 of the top end model . I find it a good buy as it also comes with 68 automatic programs .

As for the places to get good price , i check out for you as i heard now that a few independent stores do carry and the price can be discount :)

BTW when do you need the oven ?

KM

Hi,

Does anyone knows where can I find more info. about specs and pricing on LG built-in ovens?

TIA.

Hi summerflowers .

i try searching but i find that only US have those built in appliances under LG , as for local ( Spore ) , it does not have yet , i think it has not launch yet .

KM

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

I have bought my Brandt FP867SX1 and their steam oven today!

cheers,

cool :) remember to pre heat the oven :)

happy cooking :)

KM

Dear Kitchen Matters,

I am looking for standard convection oven for baking and grilling.

I am considering delonghi brand, is it any good?

Thanks

Hi ngunadi;

you may consider Ariston , Bosch ( one of the best so far from customer feedback ) , Electrolux( their new range design , look sleek ) and Tenkei ( new brand , but i actually saw the model not bad , i must say and the price at $499 :) so i think not bad for a Europe oven )

Just look for those built in oven with turbo fan and tangential ventilation . As most oven now comes with top and bottom heat for baking and grill element for grilling .

KM :)

Dear Kitchen Matters,

I have enjoyed reading this thread due to your insights and ealth of knowledge. Just purchased an Ariston FZ990C.1IX at the Mayer Warehouse Sale last weekend and am excited about it. Tried to look out for other brands/models but stuck with the original brand (ie Ariston) in the end, since it was at a good price too. I just have to cross my fingers that any after sales service I required will not be 'blood-boiling'! (Apologies for the unintentional pun).

Am seriously looking into purchasing a steam oven. What advice would you have? I have only seen the Ariston and Miele ones, the latter being very expensive! The walls in my new flat just came off (as in renovation works have started) and am looking at little things I need to do with regards to appliances and how it may affect lay-out decisions.

If I have to place the ovens on top of each other, what height options might be the best? Seems like one will be a little lower and the other a little higher than ey level.. quite a headache for me..

Thanks no matter! :)

Hi Cccc,

sorry for the late reply .

the oven you purchase FZ 990 comes with self clean panels and it has turbo fan and auto cut off timer . It has a panel to show the cooking time too.

As for the height i would suggest that the oven put around you wist level as opening of the oven door make it easily . And the steam oven put just ontop of the oven ( but must leave some gap. ) As some Steam Oven open from right to left :) If theres enough space you may consider putting side by side :) but the design will look not that nice as oven height is 60 cm and steam oven is 45 cm :( Form the kitchen floor measure upwards 85cm + 10 cm base . you may one to consider putting the space for the oven there :) than on top of the oven will be the steam oven .

Try to consider those steam oven without water pipe , get those with water container ( refuel type ) as it may save on the contruction of the cabinet ) .

KM

Edited by kitchen matters

Hi

sorry for the late reply ,

this oven comes with Pyrolytic oven , child lock , 3 pcs of glass door , and energy class A . The capacity is 56 litres . is consider 1 of the top end model . I find it a good buy as it also comes with 68 automatic programs .

As for the places to get good price , i check out for you as i heard now that a few independent stores do carry and the price can be discount :)

BTW when do you need the oven ?

KM

i would likely be getting it next mth bah. shall wait for your update then.

Hi,

We went to Harvey Norman at Millenia Walk, intending to find out more about the Bosch HBN 331E2J that we had in mind. We shortlisted this model as it fits our budget (around 6 to 7 hundred plus), and is the only model within this price range that has an electronic timer. We thought the electronic timer would provide more versatility in programming cooking time and starting time.

However, the salesman recommended the Brandt FE811XS1 instead - reasons being:

- Bosch ovens do not have the cooking mode of top and bottom heat plus fan. This mode is important for baking cakes.

- The oven door of the FE811XS1 is more sturdy than the HBN331E2J (when you try to open the door of the HBN331E2J, it feels very soft and easy to open)

- The FE811XS1 timer can be set to a longer cooking time (vs other brands using manual timer), and the temperature can be set higher (vs other brands)

- FE811XS1 is made in France vs made in Turkey for the HBN331E2J

Can someone comment whether the Brandt is indeed a better buy (for about 100+ dollars more)? Especially on the point of Bosch ovens not having the cooking mode of top and bottom heat plus fan. Is this really a disadvantage of Bosch ovens? The only disadvantage of the Brandt for us is that it does not have an electronic timer.

Thanks.

Hi,

We went to Harvey Norman at Millenia Walk, intending to find out more about the Bosch HBN 331E2J that we had in mind. We shortlisted this model as it fits our budget (around 6 to 7 hundred plus), and is the only model within this price range that has an electronic timer. We thought the electronic timer would provide more versatility in programming cooking time and starting time.

However, the salesman recommended the Brandt FE811XS1 instead - reasons being:

- Bosch ovens do not have the cooking mode of top and bottom heat plus fan. This mode is important for baking cakes.

- The oven door of the FE811XS1 is more sturdy than the HBN331E2J (when you try to open the door of the HBN331E2J, it feels very soft and easy to open)

- The FE811XS1 timer can be set to a longer cooking time (vs other brands using manual timer), and the temperature can be set higher (vs other brands)

- FE811XS1 is made in France vs made in Turkey for the HBN331E2J

Can someone comment whether the Brandt is indeed a better buy (for about 100+ dollars more)? Especially on the point of Bosch ovens not having the cooking mode of top and bottom heat plus fan. Is this really a disadvantage of Bosch ovens? The only disadvantage of the Brandt for us is that it does not have an electronic timer.

Thanks.

I was in the same dilemma. Had actually booked a slightly higher Bosch model (with almost same features as 331), made in Germany, but then switched to FE811XS1 for the same reasons you have mentioned. I felt that its better to have bottom cooking mode for tarts and pies and conventional mode for grilling thin cuts of meat, though Bosch claims that 3D cooking is equally good. The electronic temp display (timer not so much) in Bosch is definitely a plus, but its not so much of a concern once you get to know your oven. I have been using FE811 for 4 months now and am quite pleased with it. The doors are really sturdy as I have banged a few trays on them without any problem. The only additional thing I would like in my oven would be pyrolytic cleaning (especially after doing meat or poultry grilling), but FE867 was way beyond my budget. Overall, its a very good value for money, sturdy oven and I have no regrets buying it.

Hope this helps.

where else can we get ariston built in ovens besides mayer?

Hi biz.

where you stay ? Which model are you interested ? Theres quite a few independent Electrical Shop selling it .

KM

i would likely be getting it next mth bah. shall wait for your update then.

Hi joseeng,

hows everything ,

you may try calling this no. 65 90067537 and look for Mr Loh , he sell appliances at quite good price and they mostly delivery than make payment and is all warranty by agent .

He more consultant for home owners too.

I did purchase from him before and so far no problem :)

KM