Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hi Arial ;

i check with some installation ppl , it much better this way. :) BTW when purchase oven from Mayer , theres free cooking class ( 2 cooking class ) . Its held in ther showroom. :) I went a few times and tk a look , standing outside . :)

Remember once install the oven remember to pre heat the oven using top and bottom heat with fan for 20 mins with temp. 200 degree. ( is to burn away the moisture ) And must do this once a month to prevent it from tripping .

But doing tis remember to tk out all the trays and racks and manuels book :)

happy baking :)

this oven comes with a timer so when it alarm you remember to off the oven as if not it will keep on baking . ( It will not cut off the temp and the program ) .

Clean the outer oven with a wet cloth than clean it with a dry cloth . to prevent water marks . Can use 3M polish to clean once a week too. :)Giving a shine finish :)

kitchen matters

:) thank u... cant wait to use the new oven... bt jsut that worry on the gas pipe and the oven heat :|

please keep me updated heheh.. cos i will be getting my contractor to shift the oven lower tomorrow ... hopefully it helps.... at least not pressing against the gas pipe.:)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

guys does bosch oven have sale??

I saw that the bosch had some very good discount for their induction hobs sometimes in sep last year. 2099 going for 1299. Any ideas if there is any sale coming up or going on?

:) thank u... cant wait to use the new oven... bt jsut that worry on the gas pipe and the oven heat :|

please keep me updated heheh.. cos i will be getting my contractor to shift the oven lower tomorrow ... hopefully it helps.... at least not pressing against the gas pipe.:)

Hi Arial ;

no pro. :)

kitchen matters

guys does bosch oven have sale??

I saw that the bosch had some very good discount for their induction hobs sometimes in sep last year. 2099 going for 1299. Any ideas if there is any sale coming up or going on?

Hi Wind 30 ;

i heard certain shops or dealers do offer discount , BTW whichmodl is the induction stove ? As for Oven i heard HBA 331 is on offer at most shope :)

Kitchen matters :)

Hi Kitchen matters,

I have just on my oven for the first time per your recommendation - top & bottom heat (200'C) for 20 mins. Somehow it gives a very strong smell...i assume is the "new" smell. And heard some "pop, pop" sound inside as if there is something inside grilling. Is this normal? First time operating an oven...i was so worry that it will explore anytime. :dunno:

Thanks.

-vivien-

Hi people!

we've shortlisted down to Ariston but realized the model we want will be out of stock until March. Can't wait that long. Back to the drawing board again for selection, Brandt, Bosch & Turbo are abit out of our budget, this being a first oven, Ariston was in the acceptable value vs price range.

Now reconsidering - Cuizino, Tecno, Electrolux (we don't know if Electrolux fits our budget tho). I know kitchen matters has mentioned Tenkei a few times, but we'd prefer a brand which has been in the market for a while. Would appreciate any advice or reviews for the mentioned brands, or any recommendations for brands/models of ovens with turbo fan function below $700! Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Kitchen matters,

I have just on my oven for the first time per your recommendation - top & bottom heat (200'C) for 20 mins. Somehow it gives a very strong smell...i assume is the "new" smell. And heard some "pop, pop" sound inside as if there is something inside grilling. Is this normal? First time operating an oven...i was so worry that it will explore anytime. :dunno:

Thanks.

-vivien-

Hi Vivien ,

the strong smell is becos theres a coating on the grilling element to prevent it from rust while shippment in,so its normal , And the pop pop sound is normal as it burning away moisture . I did heat up for some of my friends and clients i do hear the sound too.

if need any advise , feel free to contact me :)

if doing cookies ( if use the top and bottom heat with fan , try to lower the temperature by 20 degree - most cooking books will indicate 180 degree ) cos with turbo fan it will heat up faster so is best to lower the temperature ( as for cooking time can remaind. )

Remember to do it once month :) and remember to attend their cooking class :) thats the best :)

happy baking :)

im interested to get a built-in oven for my new house, but really a nob in this.

as it is a built in oven, will the heat from the oven affect surrounding cabinets and the things stored inside? wat are the not so advisable items to store in the surrounding cabinets near the built in oven..?

also.. will it be difficult to change the built-in oven in case it is spoilt in future? hopefully will still be able to find an oven of the same width, height and depth..

TIA for the help :)

Hi people!

we've shortlisted down to Ariston but realized the model we want will be out of stock until March. Can't wait that long. Back to the drawing board again for selection, Brandt, Bosch & Turbo are abit out of our budget, this being a first oven, Ariston was in the acceptable value vs price range.

Now reconsidering - Cuizino, Tecno, Electrolux (we don't know if Electrolux fits our budget tho). I know kitchen matters has mentioned Tenkei a few times, but we'd prefer a brand which has been in the market for a while. Would appreciate any advice or reviews for the mentioned brands, or any recommendations for brands/models of ovens with turbo fan function below $700! Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Joko ;

which model that Ariston don't have stock ? Is it FZ 61.1 IX ? I heard most models no stock cos i assist my client to source the oven :( . In the end change model :(

maybe is becos of the holiday period too near ( christmas than new year now chinese new year coming )

Theres a model by Ariston FZ 51 IX . It comes with the basic 5 cooking programs and it come with turbo fan too. The RCP is $739.00 and the promotion price is $639.00 ( with delivery and simple installation by agent and free 2 cooking lesson and 1 year warranty by agent ) .

It also comes with tangential ventilation and made in Italy :)

It comes with 1 tray and 2 grid

It comes with 1 program knob , 1 timer knob , 1 temperature knob . and 2 layer glass door .

As for Bosch you may consider HBN 331E2J - 52 litres , 5 cooking programs . 2 layer glass door , Electronic clock timer . It also comes with tangential ventilation . 1 tray and 1 rack . Retail at $749.00

As for electrolux oven EOB31002X - Made in Italy too . Retail at $799.00 / Promotion at $679.00 . 5 cooking programs , 56 litres , 1 program knob , 1 timer knob , 1 temperature knob .2 layer glass door .

wats i see is that most of the above ovens are quite good and all the above is made in europe too. and the quality is better~ the oven door and the only difference is that Mayer Marketing provides free baking lesson which i do drop by sometime to see ~ standing at their door outside :(

thanks alot :)

kitchen matters

Hi Kitchen matters,

Planning to get a oven for my new home. Need your advise between this two model Indesit FIE61.1KAIX and Tenkei TEK61P.IX

Appreciate your help and advice.

Thank you. ;)

Hi Kitchen matters,

Planning to get a oven for my new home. Need your advise between this two model Indesit FIE61.1KAIX and Tenkei TEK61P.IX

Appreciate your help and advice.

Thank you. ;)

Hi Janaloy ;

For FIE 61.1 KA IX comes with 56 litres , 6 cooking programs , Tangential ventilation , Thermostat knob , program knob and timer knob - it as as a minute reminder only cos once alarm , you have to off your self .

For TEK 61 IX comes with 6 programs , Tangential ventilation , thermostat knob , program knob ( No timer knob - so you will need to gauge the cooking time or use a kitchen timer. )

Both comes with 6 programs and warranty by agent ( Indesit 1 yr and Tenkei 13 monts ) . The difference is the Timer knob which TEK 61 IX does not have. And If purchase from mayer Marketing they provide 2 baking lesson free . Both are made in Europe ( Indesit from Italy , Tenkei from Turkey )

Both comes with inner turbo fan and the programs are more or less the same.

i find that Tenkei look sleek but theres no timer knob , and Indesit the handle is abit semi in shape and the design looks ok.

I just got information that Ariston also have a model FZ 51 IX :) It comes with 5 programs , with timer knob and temperture knob and program knob . The design looks sleek :)

So both Oven are more or less the same is just that Tenkei is quite new in the market. But i do see their display set at Hougang area .

thanks alot

Kitchen Matters :)

Hi Lily ,

Is quite a new brand in the market , and so far i check around there not much feedback too I do ask certain clients and interior designer , they do say the same thing so far so good :)

I feel that all most important is the service ( back up service )

kitchen matters

Hi hi thanks for the info!

Most likely i mite get a rinnai oven in the end :) the full set..:) hob/hood/oven :)

Hi hi thanks for the info!

Most likely i mite get a rinnai oven in the end :) the full set..:) hob/hood/oven :)

Hi lily ;

No pro. :)

Rinnai Oven comes with 3 models and the basic one comes with 4 programs (RBO-5CSI) / the next models RBO-7MRX comes with 7 programs / and lastly RBO-7MSO comes with 7 programs too.

And their RB-2CG (2 burners) and RB-3CG (2 burners ) made in Japan .

Chimney hood gt around 7 models and slimline got 4 models :)

happy shopping :)

kitchen matters :)

Hi Kitchen matters,

Thanks.

-vivien-

Hi Vivien,

hows everything ? is your oven till giving out the burn smell ?

Kitchen matters

Hi Vivien,

hows everything ? is your oven till giving out the burn smell ?

Kitchen matters

oppss, missed your previous reply.

After that first heating, i haven't have chance to cook/bake using the oven yet. From your description, I am more relieve and I think it should be OK.

Hopefully i have time to prepare something this weekend :)

Thanks!