Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
luv-to-bake

Built-in oven

Hi Kitchen Matters

Thank you for your input. You seem to be very well-versed in ovens. :dancingqueen:

We look around and somehow decided to get Ariston : FB 51.2 IX. It cost around $600 after all the discount(It's slightly over our budget but looks like we can find anything that cost below that). I am a amateur and it our first time getting an oven. Thus, really don't know what's good and what's not.

Can I know whether this oven is good for heating up food, simple baking like : cheesecake, cupcakes, muffins and cakes?

Also, how do I clean the oven after use?

Where is a good place to place the oven?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

TIA. :P

P/S : Is their after-sales service really back? Anyone can share their experience with me?

Edited by josvin

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Kitchen Matters,

I have just got my first new home, hardly got the chance to cook, staying with my in-laws. :)

Hoping to learn baking in the future. :)

I am interested to get the following, but really dun know where to start.

Oven - not solely for baking only. Is this good - Brandt FP867SX1 ?

Steam Oven - is it really easy to use? Any good ones to recommend?

Microwave Oven - with the above, is it necessary to get this?

Look forward to your valuable recommendation!

thanks in advance!

Edited by mysweetlittlethings

Hi Kitchen Matters,

everything's fine and piecing in well. thanks for the feedback. :)

i have bought Brandt FP867SX1 after the sales guy confirmed that it only uses 15amp loading hence no issue. Phew! Got mine at $1630 after a little bargaining. :D

Cant wait to lay my hands on this baby! Thanks for the advise on the self cleaning panels and turning on fan mode to rid of the lingering smell (silly me didnt think of this at that time!) :P

Hi El Nino .

cool , do share any gd recipt :)

happy baking :)

Kitchen matters :)

Hi Kitchen Matters

Thank you for your input. You seem to be very well-versed in ovens. :dancingqueen:

We look around and somehow decided to get Ariston : FB 51.2 IX. It cost around $600 after all the discount(It's slightly over our budget but looks like we can find anything that cost below that). I am a amateur and it our first time getting an oven. Thus, really don't know what's good and what's not.

Can I know whether this oven is good for heating up food, simple baking like : cheesecake, cupcakes, muffins and cakes?

Also, how do I clean the oven after use?

Where is a good place to place the oven?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

TIA. :P

P/S : Is their after-sales service really back? Anyone can share their experience with me?

Hi Josvin ,

sorry for the late reply

Good to hear about your purchase of oven . Did you purchase it at their recent WH sales ?

The oven FB51.2 IX comes with 5 cooking programs * top and bottom heat * top and bottom heat with fan * top heat * Grill * Grill with Fan .

Once the timer alarm , you have to close the oven as if not it will keep on baking .

++ As for heating up of food , it can be done but you need to do it manuel using top and bottom with fan but the Temp. settings set at 60-80 degree but beware of over heating the food . So keep an eye on the food.

++ For baking this oven no problem . ( remember to enrol for the 2 baking lesson that Mayer provide )

++ As for cleaning , once the oven install ( remember to inform your designer the oven wire is 0.9 meter long and the power point is using 13 AMP plug ) remember to take out all the racks and trays , clean with a dry cloth than turn the program to top and bottom heat with Fan , Temp. set at 220 degree and set timer at 30mins. As it need to burns the moisture away and there will be a bad smell , something like burning tyres :( . ^^^ Actually u need to do this once a month to prevent it from tripping the house .

++ For cleaning outside the panel use normal cloth with some soap but than use dry cloths to overlap it - Must always keep the oven dry as Spore weather is hot so to prevent it to rust "keep Dry" :)

++ As for inner part of the oven you may cater to the same but dont clean the heating element on top which is expose as if not clean dry it may trip the oven :(

Happy baking :)

Kitchen Matters

Hi Kitchen Matters,

I have just got my first new home, hardly got the chance to cook, staying with my in-laws. :)

Hoping to learn baking in the future. :)

I am interested to get the following, but really dun know where to start.

Oven - not solely for baking only. Is this good - Brandt FP867SX1 ?

Steam Oven - is it really easy to use? Any good ones to recommend?

Microwave Oven - with the above, is it necessary to get this?

Look forward to your valuable recommendation!

thanks in advance!

Hi mysweetlittlethings ;

sorry for the late reply

The model that you mention , is quite good actually is quite good as it do most food and baking . Below are the spec. for your ref.

Brandt FP867SX1

• Class A Energy Efficiency

• 54 Litres

• Backlighted Soft Touch controls

• Multifuction plus with EasyCook

• Grill plus

• Automatic Temperature Recommendation

• Assisted Cooking

• Turnspit

• pyrolysis Self-Cleaning: Eco (90 mins) / Max (120 mins)

• Activemail Interior

• Removable Full Flat Glass Door

• Cool Door

• Enamelled Wire Side Racks

• 2 safety Grid Racks

• 2 large Drip Tray - 45mm / 20mm

9 Cooking Modes:

• Circulating Heat

• Traditional Eco

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Pulsed Bottom Element

• Pulsed Grill

• High Grill

• Grill + Rotisserie

• Low Temperature stabilisation

As for Steam cooking (not to be confused with pressure cooking) offers a host of benefits including faster cooking times as well as optimum retention of vitamins, nutrients, flavour, colour and texture. With steam cooking, food absorbs only the moisture it requires – which means no over cooking. Food cooked in a steam oven can also be a lot healthier as you don't need to add any oils or fats to keep food, such as chicken, from drying out in the cooking process.

So what can a steam oven actually cook? The answer is pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. When people think of steam cooking, most conjure images of bland veggies and fish. The reality is that you can use your steam oven to cook anything from pasta, rice, potatoes, meats and fish to puddings, cakes and breads or even soup.

Keep in mind that a steam oven can't brown or crisp as it cooks with moisture rather than with hot elements. However, there are a few steam oven models available that actually combine steam cooking and conventional cooking methods in one oven. This means you can steam cook a chicken in 20 minutes and then change the mode to conventional fan-forced cooking to brown the skin, so it looks as good as it tastes. We call these combination ovens, as opposed to steam only

As for microwave cooking, the radio waves penetrate the food and excite water and fat molecules pretty much evenly throughout the food. No heat has to migrate toward the interior by conduction. There is heat everywhere all at once because the molecules are all excited together. There are limits, of course. Radio waves penetrate unevenly in thick pieces of food (they don't make it all the way to the middle), and there are also "hot spots" caused by wave interference, but you get the idea. The whole heating process is different because you are "exciting atoms" rather than "conducting heat

Happy baking

Kitchen Matters :)

Just installed Ariston OS 99 oven. The manual shows its max load is 3400W (But the online manual from Ariston web site shows 2600W). Initialy worried about the load coz I only use a normal 13Amp power point left by previous owner. I have no idea if this power point is a separate line to main switch or shared with other power points in the kitchen. Too troublesome to run a 15Amp line coz ceilling, top kitchen cabinets all done by previous owner.

Turn it on for 30 minutes with highest temperature 250 degree. I went outside to check the electrical metre. By calculating the number of turns the metre runns for one hour, I concluded that the rough power consumption is less than 3000W together with my Aircon running also. Will test again without aircon running to get a more accurate figure.

The preheating is about 5 minutes. The fan blew out hot air from the vent between the control panel and the door. Use the general function and set timer for 30 minutes. The timer acctually turnned off the oven at the end of 30 minutes, although the manual says the timer only sounds buzz but not interuppting the oven. It is my first time using the oven. Open the oven door and felt the kitchen very warm.

Will run it once more before using it to cook food.

Hi rongshu ;

hows everything on the Oven ?

Kitchen Matters

Dear Kitchen Matters,

I have enjoyed reading this thread due to your insights and ealth of knowledge. Just purchased an Ariston FZ990C.1IX at the Mayer Warehouse Sale last weekend and am excited about it. Tried to look out for other brands/models but stuck with the original brand (ie Ariston) in the end, since it was at a good price too. I just have to cross my fingers that any after sales service I required will not be 'blood-boiling'! (Apologies for the unintentional pun).

Am seriously looking into purchasing a steam oven. What advice would you have? I have only seen the Ariston and Miele ones, the latter being very expensive! The walls in my new flat just came off (as in renovation works have started) and am looking at little things I need to do with regards to appliances and how it may affect lay-out decisions.

If I have to place the ovens on top of each other, what height options might be the best? Seems like one will be a little lower and the other a little higher than ey level.. quite a headache for me..

Thanks no matter! :)

Dear Kitchen Matters,

I am looking for standard convection oven for baking and grilling.

I am considering delonghi brand, is it any good?

Thanks

Hi Kitchen Matters

Thank you for your reply. We went for the warehouse sales. But was not attracted by the discounts/sales that they offered as mostly are display set.

Thus, we went over to Great World and bought our oven and hob there. Angie suggested us to get : FZ 61.1 IX as this oven has sighly better specifications than FB : 51.2 IX. So we decided to get the latter.

I have no idea of how to use the oven. Is there any class that I can attend besides the 2 free cooking classes Mayer offered?

TIA.

Hi Kitchen Matters,

Thank you for your detailed explanation!

I have bought my Brandt FP867SX1 and their steam oven today!

cheers,

Hi mysweetlittlethings ;

sorry for the late reply

The model that you mention , is quite good actually is quite good as it do most food and baking . Below are the spec. for your ref.

Brandt FP867SX1

• Class A Energy Efficiency

• 54 Litres

• Backlighted Soft Touch controls

• Multifuction plus with EasyCook

• Grill plus

• Automatic Temperature Recommendation

• Assisted Cooking

• Turnspit

• pyrolysis Self-Cleaning: Eco (90 mins) / Max (120 mins)

• Activemail Interior

• Removable Full Flat Glass Door

• Cool Door

• Enamelled Wire Side Racks

• 2 safety Grid Racks

• 2 large Drip Tray - 45mm / 20mm

9 Cooking Modes:

• Circulating Heat

• Traditional Eco

• Traditional

• Traditional Pulsed

• Pulsed Bottom Element

• Pulsed Grill

• High Grill

• Grill + Rotisserie

• Low Temperature stabilisation

As for Steam cooking (not to be confused with pressure cooking) offers a host of benefits including faster cooking times as well as optimum retention of vitamins, nutrients, flavour, colour and texture. With steam cooking, food absorbs only the moisture it requires – which means no over cooking. Food cooked in a steam oven can also be a lot healthier as you don't need to add any oils or fats to keep food, such as chicken, from drying out in the cooking process.

So what can a steam oven actually cook? The answer is pretty much everything but the kitchen sink. When people think of steam cooking, most conjure images of bland veggies and fish. The reality is that you can use your steam oven to cook anything from pasta, rice, potatoes, meats and fish to puddings, cakes and breads or even soup.

Keep in mind that a steam oven can't brown or crisp as it cooks with moisture rather than with hot elements. However, there are a few steam oven models available that actually combine steam cooking and conventional cooking methods in one oven. This means you can steam cook a chicken in 20 minutes and then change the mode to conventional fan-forced cooking to brown the skin, so it looks as good as it tastes. We call these combination ovens, as opposed to steam only

As for microwave cooking, the radio waves penetrate the food and excite water and fat molecules pretty much evenly throughout the food. No heat has to migrate toward the interior by conduction. There is heat everywhere all at once because the molecules are all excited together. There are limits, of course. Radio waves penetrate unevenly in thick pieces of food (they don't make it all the way to the middle), and there are also "hot spots" caused by wave interference, but you get the idea. The whole heating process is different because you are "exciting atoms" rather than "conducting heat

Happy baking

Kitchen Matters :)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently eyeing this Brandt Oven/Microwave Combi ME655XG. First time buying an oven, so I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on this model? such as whether is it sufficient for baking cupcakes, cookies and also roasting/grilling of meats & seafood?

Thought a combi is a good idea, as there's no longer the need to buy a separate microwave.

If not, how about the Brandt FE811XS1?

Edited by pinktini

Hi,

We are currently using HBN5450UC - Stainless Steel 500 Series 27" Single Wall Oven.Coming to it's features Flush-to-Cabinet Design,Contemporary Stainless Steel Design.It's very convenient that it's having features like Amber Colored Full Text Display,Timer with Cook Time and Delay Start Function,High Quality Self-cleaning Rack Supports.

Thank you

london electrician jobs

Hi,

We are currently using HBN5450UC - Stainless Steel 500 Series 27" Single Wall Oven.Coming to it's features Flush-to-Cabinet Design,Contemporary Stainless Steel Design.It's very convenient that it's having features like Amber Colored Full Text Display,Timer with Cook Time and Delay Start Function,High Quality Self-cleaning Rack Supports.

Thank you

Hi rongshu ;

hows everything on the Oven ?

Kitchen Matters

running fine. tried to bake cake, grill fish, meat etc. still need to learn how to cook with oven, the timing, temperature etc.

so far happy with the OS99 oven. Looks great too in my kitchen. Must say the capacity is huge.