Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weixiaobao

Procedures For Rom

I just proposed and now planning ROM.

Wut are the procedures that I must take and the sequence? e.g like filing, looking for solemniser, Actual day etc etc. Not too sure what's the sequence like.

Read the ROM website, still confused. Wonder whether anyone can enlighten me or give me a skeleton outline of the sequence of events.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wut are the procedures that I must take and the sequence? e.g like filing, looking for solemniser, Actual day etc etc. Not too sure what's the sequence like.

Read the ROM website, still confused. Wonder whether anyone can enlighten me or give me a skeleton outline of the sequence of events.

Thanks!

u planning to ROM in the center or outside?

My ROM is this coming Feb.. venue is outside of center in a hotel. This is the sequence I did..

1.) Look and book for ceremony venue. (eg hotel, garden, zoo, resturant etc..)

2.) Look for JP/solemniser to book him for the date

3.) Within 3 months before ROM date , register online on ROM website (deadline end 3 weeks before)

4.) Meet up with JP to sign consent form, finalise vows etc

5.) Go personally to ROM center 3 days before ROM date to submit forms, verify documents.

6.) Finally is the ROM day...

Sure or not. It is in the ghost month.....

Most will still go for dates that are auspicious to them.

Last year, it so happen 070707 is a very good date for marriage.

weixiaobao, dun worry. just follow the flow.

first find which date you want.

look for the place and jp to be available.

the rest will be guide by the jp (some paper to sign for consent)

inform jp before the ROM day so that he is informed of the place and time

go ROM to settle your doc and collect the paper for ROM day

remind jp a day before ROM for formality

be punctual on that day as jp doesn't wait for late comers.

Thanks!

get a date and confirm u wan it in rom ofc or outside? very impt

then go rom website book date.

then after the formalities, go buy a pair of wedding bands keke

can try lee hwa or goldheart. well there r many choices

congratz to u!

Hi all,

Im planning a simple one, most prob having it inside the ROM and then maybe go somewhere for a family meal or sort. If I want to do it inside, i have to book the function room as well at ROM online?

So I got to book the venue and JP for the ROM date (D-day!) that I want then file notice? Notice is filed within that 3 months from booking of date to D day?

Wut happen if I din manage to get the date that I want? Venue and JP booking can change right?

Will definitely get wedding bands, considering citigems! my gf likes that brand =)

Sure or not. It is in the ghost month.....

Most will still go for dates that are auspicious to them.

Last year, it so happen 070707 is a very good date for marriage.

weixiaobao, dun worry. just follow the flow.

first find which date you want.

look for the place and jp to be available.

the rest will be guide by the jp (some paper to sign for consent)

inform jp before the ROM day so that he is informed of the place and time

go ROM to settle your doc and collect the paper for ROM day

remind jp a day before ROM for formality

be punctual on that day as jp doesn't wait for late comers.

Haha I was thinking of 080808 only til when somebody told me its ghost month! =)

I was thinking of 20082008. Nice too! =) but is that in the ghost month as well?

congratz to u!

Thanks! Im so excited!

u planning to ROM in the center or outside?

My ROM is this coming Feb.. venue is outside of center in a hotel. This is the sequence I did..

1.) Look and book for ceremony venue. (eg hotel, garden, zoo, resturant etc..)

2.) Look for JP/solemniser to book him for the date

3.) Within 3 months before ROM date , register online on ROM website (deadline end 3 weeks before)

4.) Meet up with JP to sign consent form, finalise vows etc

5.) Go personally to ROM center 3 days before ROM date to submit forms, verify documents.

6.) Finally is the ROM day...

Any nice JP to recommend? or where can I see a list of JP that I can choose from?

Congratulations to u!

Hi all,

Im planning a simple one, most prob having it inside the ROM and then maybe go somewhere for a family meal or sort. If I want to do it inside, i have to book the function room as well at ROM online?

So I got to book the venue and JP for the ROM date (D-day!) that I want then file notice? Notice is filed within that 3 months from booking of date to D day?

Wut happen if I din manage to get the date that I want? Venue and JP booking can change right?

Will definitely get wedding bands, considering citigems! my gf likes that brand =)

Haha I was thinking of 080808 only til when somebody told me its ghost month! =)

I was thinking of 20082008. Nice too! =) but is that in the ghost month as well?

Thanks! Im so excited!

Any nice JP to recommend? or where can I see a list of JP that I can choose from?

Congratulations to u!

Do at centre no need to indicate JP. Just book the date and time slot of your choice. But better do it early cos there are limited time slots available each day. Dates are open only 3 months in advance, so advisable to do it online as soon as the dates are available.

Hi weixiaobao...

We did it at ROM centre too with "Love That Binds" in Sept 2006...dunno if they still provide this service..hee...

We paid for a package that includes securing their function room (which is decorated nicely) at the date and time that we prefer...with all the arrangements like JP included....

:notti:

Hi all,

Thanks! Im so excited!

Congratulations to u!

chk out this link this is under www.rom.gov.sg

here is from ROM homepage link that should be useful for you.

remember need to have 2 witnesses also

hope it is useful.

I recall correct I got the place first, then i contact a JP which is also my brother-in-law's JP chk if he is avaible for that date.

LoveThatBinds is still around & still provides this service. In fact I had this service by them not long ago. :notti:

If inside the ROM, just get the documents ready, ie; your IC, her IC, 2 Witness's ICs when you have a date to go down to verify the documents after you've done the booking of date/venue & JP.

Hi weixiaobao...

We did it at ROM centre too with "Love That Binds" in Sept 2006...dunno if they still provide this service..hee...

We paid for a package that includes securing their function room (which is decorated nicely) at the date and time that we prefer...with all the arrangements like JP included....

:yamseng: