Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cyprusblade

Bamboo Laundry Poles Vs Metal Laundry Poles

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Which is better to get? Think the metal poles last longer and are lighter.

hi hi

no idea woh..i also saw fr the neighbourhood shop that they haf both metal and bamboo...but since duno which is better, i sticked to traditional - bamboo.hehehe... :notti:

I'm just wondering if you put heavy things (comforter etc) will it warp? Heard that from my aunty it will but I find that it's unbelievable since it's made of metal should be quite strong right?

I'm just wondering if you put heavy things (comforter etc) will it warp? Heard that from my aunty it will but I find that it's unbelievable since it's made of metal should be quite strong right?

my heaviest is sofa cover onli. feels safe le;)

well, if they need to be lightweight, i guess they must be hollow so they may warp. but comforters out of the wash, after spin drying, are not likely to be that heavy until it will warp a metal pole.

i've actually never seen the metal laundry pole before, i stick to the true and tested: the bamboo poles. they're not that heavy either.

well, if they need to be lightweight, i guess they must be hollow so they may warp. but comforters out of the wash, after spin drying, are not likely to be that heavy until it will warp a metal pole.

i've actually never seen the metal laundry pole before, i stick to the true and tested: the bamboo poles. they're not that heavy either.

aluminium poles are of course hollow !!

... still it stays firm n strong with our loads.

as for lasting, my previous home bamboo poles was brought over from our old place

all in all served us well for almost 30yrs

how's that for lasting :):yamseng:

That is indeed a long time.

As long as your bamboo poles are kept away from water, they are lasting, else it can easily break in a few years time.

Metal will be lasting.

have been using aluminium for last 3-5 years. will prefer it to bamboo as it's lighter and also retractable - makes for easy storage when u dun need them.

however, i ever had one of them getting 'warped/bent' at the centre portion as we pulled that particular pole to the max and hung too heavy load on the centre portion (too much laundry that time, been lazy, so was our fault) :P

all in all, i'll still choose alum - works well if used sensibly, not to mention that it looks better too!