Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

'kai Men' - On The Very First Day Before Renovation

opening door is it must choose a good day? next thur is 7th month ghost festival opening gate door.

i though the fruit should be inside center of the living room? first to pray and burn incense inside the house or outside the door?

Is it to burn and pray incense paper outside the door and say your name, you the owner of the door before opening the door, den rolling pineapple to house?

den put fruits in middle of living room right? den spinkle rice + salt in 4 corner of house den the kam boon hiong & burner in 4 corner of house right?

can i do it sunday 16/8/2009 morning, cos i havent apply utility so there no electricity/lights on?

i don't know all this chinese custom.

Can anyone advise me?

sorry if i ask stupid question.

Edited by dean

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
opening door is it must choose a good day? next thur is 7th month ghost festival opening gate door.

i though the fruit should be inside center of the living room? first to pray and burn incense inside the house or outside the door?

Is it to burn and pray incense paper outside the door and say your name, you the owner of the door before opening the door, den rolling pineapple to house?

den put fruits in middle of living room right? den spinkle rice + salt in 4 corner of house den the kam boon hiong & burner in 4 corner of house right?

can i do it sunday 16/8/2009 morning, cos i havent apply utility so there no electricity/lights on?

Can anyone advise me?

Yes, open door must choose a good day same as the day you moved in.

7th month is not about ghost gate opening day, dont get mixed up, gate is open everyday, there is no closure or opening.

I am not going to advise how you want to put your fruits, offering or sprinkle salt or rice or burn incense, each individual have it own practice, I have my own & is illustrated above.

16 Aug is past, it is a not a good date, try to do it after the 7th month.

Can anyone advise me?

Some fsms told me that if house not vacant too long, open door don't need choose date.

Some fsms told me that if house not vacant too long, open door don't need choose date.

Hi

let me ask you 1 simple question, do you know why you need to select a open door date & perform a ritual ?

Kai Men and 动土 different procedure right ?

I am doing reno for the first time...

what is the steps for first time renovation ? was only told to Bai Bai on that day

Hi

let me ask you 1 simple question, do you know why you need to select a open door date & perform a ritual ?

Hi

Sometimes a simple question may not be so simple.....maybe to you! So you have a simple answer that matches every reason that come out from every fsms?

Kai Men and 动土 different procedure right ?

I am doing reno for the first time...

what is the steps for first time renovation ? was only told to Bai Bai on that day

Kai men is opening door the first time. People trying to do this is to make sure tha day, the house and himself that opens the door matches and all auspicious. There are certain conditions to see that this is necessary. Some fsms added that just in case to chase away unclean 'things'. Well, if you' re into religion, no harm anyway!! But many, many people doing away with opeing door ceremeny also got nothing wrong.

Dong Tu procedure is of course different.

All these procedures can easily get from websites or here shold also have. In my opinion, follow or not up to you. I agree with some forummers to say that "safer than sorry".

no need to do all these lah..... i'm not been disrepectful but i dun see any point in doing all these.

first of all, there is no one standard procedures or rules to follow..... it shows something is not right and you can only depend on hearsay or the FS master. What if the FS master is a fake?

2nd, i have other friends who done so much of this stuff, but in the end, you know what happen?

1 friend kena retrenched and no work for 3-4 years, 1 friend lose business, force sell the flat, force sell 6 month old new car...... etc etc

i have seen it all...... all these stuff doesnt work. If you are good, you are good. If you are bad, nothing will turn you around.....

In fact, my friends who dun bother or never do such things, they are prospering much more than those who bother about such things.

So where's the logic of superstition?

Worst of all, the more you find out about such superstition, the more fear you bring upon yourself only.

Why do you want to live in fear??

Better not to know all these, and nothing will take control of your life.

this is quite true.. as what pple say 'heaven love silly kid' ... :dancingqueen:

Dear all,

after reading the 2 full pages, i have collected these detailed findings from your posts.

is this correct?

i have read that sprinkling the salt on them is painful, so have to pray first, place fruits first then sprinkle?

OR i should sprinkle first, then pray???

below compiled for the convience of others:

* Find a auspicious date and time according to your baizi.

* Only immediate families allow to go in. No outsiders.

* After that, cannot enter for 3 days. eg) monday open door, wait until thur can open door??)

Things to bring

1) 1 Pineapple (wan li) (to row into your house) say something good word like huat ah!!

2) 5 Red Apples or kum (ji xiang ru yi)

3) Grapes

4) Bananas

5) Fa Gao

6) Charcoal (wrap in red paper)

All put in the middle of the living room.

7) Salt and Rice (to sprinkle all over the house incl toilet, storeroom, all rooms)

8) Burn Joss Stick (incl. 2 wax candles) and burn incense paper (middle of the house beside the offerings): for Buddhist

Procedure

1) Prepare & bring all 8 items above & 大悲咒水

2) Open the door (by house owners only) and say nice things (huat, ping an etc).

3) Before step in, say I am the new owner and will be living here from now onward, whoever that is staying inside please move out now, I will burn some offerings for you, thanks.

4) When open the door, immediately row the pineapple to the living room.

5) Now enter the door

6) Then go in, pick the pineapple up and place it with the rest of the fruits in middle of living room

7) Open windows and Wait for a while before burn the incenses paper. Remember do not let any strangers come in.

8) Burn incense paper in a container in the middle of living room beside the fruits

9) Pray in middle of house + all 4 corners = just say EXCUSE me need to do renovation, say our name,bought this house and will be moving in. Than say a lot of good words like pin an lah, etc

10) Sprinkle rice, salt and 大悲咒水 at all corners of the house. ( once you enter the hosue & spinkle 大悲咒水, it will be very painful for them.)

While sprinkling the water, chant the following:

觀世音菩薩心咒(六字大明咒)

嗡。 嘛 呢 叭 咪 吽

Oh ma ni pei me ohm

11) leave house intact for 3 days

12) Outside the maindoor: After completed, burn incense paper on the outside of the house.

13) Return only after 3 days. After 3 days, bring a big plastic. We open the door again and discard the fruits beside a tree, left 1 pineapple at main door

Hi Crystal,

Please also take note of the timing of open your new door.

I remembered mine is around 4pm to 6pm, so I went to my new flat early but wait outside until the time is right.

Also, for renovation date, you also need to see you and your spouse ba zi too.

I remembered mine is in the morning with the timing too.

Bring 1 new hammer tie with red string and hammer the living room floor and say renovation started, huat ah and all heng heng all! If your contractors want to help you, then remember to ask your contractor come at the specific hour to start the reno.

Best regards.

Happy

hi all the masters here please advice....

Mine is a resale flat, will get the key officially around 4 pm on tuesday 1st December. According to my mum, it is a 'good day'. However, i may be able to access the flat a few days before (current onwer should hv moved out by then and agreed to let me) to do cleaning and painting.

My questions;

1) Do I do the ritual only on the official day? or the day i went to clean and paint? or do on both days?

2) The day I go in to clean and paint also need to be a 'good day'?

3) I read that we need to keep those offerings for 3 days BUT i can't wait as my mover will be moving my stuff the 2nd day (2nd December). So how??

A big THANK YOU in advanced for all your advice and comments.

cheeers!

Edited by graykitchen

Hi everyone!

I am an avid Feng Shui researcher and a new hse owner myself. Chances upon this thread and wishes to share some of my finding.

I am a 易经风水 guy, hence i only read up on materials that is documented down in paper aka ancient chinese classical text on fengshui.

According to 玄空 school of thoughts, there is no procedure stated for the opening/starting of reno. (开门动土) Eg, rolling of pineapple, ritual etc.

However, according to 玄空择日学, u can find a specific day/month/hour to start ur 动土.

Alternative way to find an auspicious date and time is to use 通书 or by 董公择日学.

If u want a more personalized auspicious date, you can use ur 八字, and derive a good date that is only specific to u.

Whichever way u uses, it all boils down to which system u uses and believe in.

As for the rituals, i'm most probably going to skip all that, but i'm definately going to pray that everything will go smoothly and if i'm disturbing "anyone", i did not mean it.

At the chosen timing, i will ask my reno to crush the tiles at all 4 corners, and the centre tile, this will signify the start of reno. (动土)

I'm not being skeptical to all the rituals. If it gives u a peace of mind after doing it, do it!

Feng Shui and pyschology are quite closely linked to each other, and by giving urself a peace of mind, is good feng shui itself.

rdgs,

Ara