Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckoonyin

Far Far Away........@ The West Of Singapore Ah!

After years of Walk-In Selection, Balloting Exercise, BTO application even speaking to 2 MPs.............all still fail 8|

Finally.........we gotten our balloting number........ And it was a number which i see.....and i will go :P my number is so big.........but still must go and recce the place and see which is better.

Finally we got a flat early this year........not the best location.....not the best floor.........but it is still.......our flat. 8|

And this is the start......of our home.......

The view when we first step in :notti:

th_DSC01466.jpg

The corridor down to our rooms 8|

th_DSC01468.jpg

The view of our living room :fire:

th_DSC01475.jpg

Time to source for ID and otther things!:notti:8|

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After getting my keys, the first few days i spent was to check the whole house for defects. Very very siong and tiring :P

Prob it's me who is being picky but i found 100+ :notti:

Below are some of the things i've found just to name a few.

1. Paint stains on parquet
  2. Hollow Parquet
  3. Hollow tiles
  4. Faulty electrical socket
  5. Leaking MBR toilet tap
  6. Rusty handles for the top window

Check out some of the pictures and maybe u can see if you got them too :notti:

Chipped Parquet

th_DSC01653.jpg

Chipped Glass

th_DSC01657.jpg

th_DSC01658.jpg

Hollow Tiles

th_DSC01498.jpg

Have submitted the defects report to BSC and Mr Lee from BSC and Mr Lim from HDB attended to me during the inspection. And was told they will take 2 weeks........ok lor! :fire:

me second :~

as for the defect rectification, don't believe them when they say two weeks

think most of us kenna the months type, despite calling the TO every other day

so better hold all your furniture purchases :~

Edited by applefreak

Hey ckoonyin,

mi no. 4 to spam chop. 8|

My same old qns ->

- Balloted flat frm hdb's surplus flat?

- Jurong West area?

- Premium Flat?

- Type? Size?

- Reno status?

- ID or Contractor? (hunting & shortlisting, confirmed & progressing)

:deal:

Wow.... haha.. not bad.... got so many people visiting yr blog liao ar.... :deal:

Guess that I will start my t-blog this weekend... haha.. got to take my camera to take more photos this weekends.... 8|

me second 8|

as for the defect rectification, don't believe them when they say two weeks

think most of us kenna the months type, despite calling the TO every other day

so better hold all your furniture purchases :dunno:

I call the BSC almost daily to disturb them...but sadly.......if it is not done by this friday, i will still have the change the lock for my reno to start...........else i won't be able to make it in time for my wedding liao. :unsure:

2 more days for BSC to wake up!8|8|

yes! more and more pictures to see already ;)

Yeap Yeap.........actually i've been uploading pics but no time to start the blog........so more and more is coming.........spam spam ah! :)

Hey ckoonyin,

mi no. 4 to spam chop. :bleah:

My same old qns ->

- Jurong West area?

- Premium Flat?

- Type? Size?

- Reno status?

:D

Should be ba......cause this area has been completed like 3-4 yrs ago and only recently released out for balloting :deal:

- Jurong West area?

And yeap yeap jurong west ext area.......near the new MRT station :notti:

- Premium Flat?

Yeap yeap......save money on the tiles and other thigs.

But hor.............sometimes i dun understand how does the scholar designer design one. :P

E.g. Wooden doors for toilets?! water and wood will only equal to rot and fungus only

Timber skirting that is not sealed @ the bottom?!?! Breeding ground for insects and ants no matter how clean you are :deal:

- Type? Size?

5 room and it's 104 sq feet (i think ah)

- Reno status?

Pending for BSC to finish up the retification of the hollow tiles; the rest which are the rusty handles and faulty eletrical switch can delay a bit cause not that impt @ this pt of time.

ID but relative doing carpentry...........all designs confirmed and pending to be executed :P

Thank you all for spamming my thread and do let me know if there is any comments or better way to do things ya?

So that all can benefit from this thread. So Gam Sia Gam Sia in advance :~

After years of Walk-In Selection, Balloting Exercise, BTO application even speaking to 2 MPs.............all still fail :P

Finally.........we gotten our balloting number........ And it was a number which i see.....and i will go :P my number is so big.........but still must go and recce the place and see which is better.

Finally we got a flat early this year........not the best location.....not the best floor.........but it is still.......our flat. :unsure:

And this is the start......of our home.......

The view when we first step in 8|

The corridor down to our rooms :dunno:

The view of our living room :deal:

Time to source for ID and otther things!:D:notti:

I'm the 5th? :~:bleah:

Yeah can understand that no matter what, it is still your flat. Heh heh... tt happens to hw i feel too. 8|

I'm the 5th? :bleah::D

Yeah can understand that no matter what, it is still your flat. Heh heh... tt happens to hw i feel too. :thumbs up:

Ya lor........so no matter how tight the budget.......no matter how siong, also must make this house into a home.

Me Sixth to spam

:notti: Post where you get your stuffs and how much :notti:

Good stuffs must share share :yamseng:

Haha sure no problem.....afterall, it was because of kind pple in this forum where i got all my lobangs and knowledge from.......

Meanwhile, let me post up more pics so it'll be more colourful and nicer to read :lol:

Am not too sure if anyone has seen this clip before but i learnt the easy way to check for hollow tiles from this video clip. :notti:

Haha!! It was only after checking my hollow tiles using my maglight, squatting down and knocking on every single tile den i managed to find the clip.........and trust me very!@#$% SIONG AH!:yamseng:! :(

How to check for hollow tiles

After here are more pics after checking my defects........as they say, a picture tells a thousand words......so to save me frmo typing, here goes..............

Leaking pipe

th_DSC00025.jpg

Timber skirting not joint properly

th_DSC01485.jpg

Hole in timber skirting

th_DSC01486.jpg

Cracked main door

th_DSC01487.jpg

Peeling main door laminate

th_DSC01491.jpg

Unfortunately only can post 5 pics at a time.............so till next time :notti:

Hi again..........so fast next time liao :thumbs up:

Uneven tiles and grouting :D

th_DSC01493.jpg

th_DSC01496.jpg

Hollow tile right smack in the middle of the living room :bleah:

th_DSC01498.jpg

Timber skirting not done properly again

th_DSC01501.jpg

Hollow timber flooring

th_DSC01504.jpg

More pics to come..... :lol:

Gaps, holes and hollow timber skirting and flooring...sigh......... :yamseng:

th_DSC01509.jpg

This one lagi best, scratched vanity top

th_DSC01511.jpg

........den broke by them somemore

th_DSC01655.jpg

Heng they are replacing it........else.........let the thunder roll!:lol:! :thumbs up:

Rusty taps

th_DSC01513.jpg

Hey ckoonyin,

4 mi, i prefer 2 use knuckles 2 knock, its eazier 2 differentiate e sound. But e knuckles may get hurt after too many knocking. :thumbs up:

s u'v said, ur flat was built at least 3-4 yrs ago. If base on dat figure, i gues e Jurong West area hdb flats might have been built during e economy recession time & construction line was slowing down.

Mass production b4 yr 2003, building too many hdb flats (dats y got surplus flats), resulting in poor workmanship & quality of e finishes.

i gues dats e reason y got so many defects.

Jus my 2 cents views.

:lol:

Ya... dunno why got this feeling....

The quality standard for HDB flats is getting worst.... but of course... to be fair to them... hehe... they cannot be 100% perfect one lor.... :yamseng:

Hey ckoonyin,

4 mi, i prefer 2 use knuckles 2 knock, its eazier 2 differentiate e sound. But e knuckles may get hurt after too many knocking. :thumbs up:

s u'v said, ur flat was built at least 3-4 yrs ago. If base on dat figure, i gues e Jurong West area hdb flats might have been built during e economy recession time & construction line was slowing down.

Mass production b4 yr 2003, building too many hdb flats (dats y got surplus flats), resulting in poor workmanship & quality of e finishes.

i gues dats e reason y got so many defects.

Jus my 2 cents views.

:lol: