Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
caDAVEr

Soho Interiors + Studio Arc

well i was once getting quotes from them but end up not signing with them, cause the guy that attended me gone missing after 3 appointments, very disappointed with them.

i end uop signing with a COLOURS BY LESLIE CHUA, well a small company price wise ok ok but design wise is good, i felt worthwhile.... not bad.... if u need to run a quote can get me id to try lo.... afterall its good to run more quotes. u can e-mail me at jer92@live.com ill pass u the quote i got...

is it? which salesman u spoke to? how come he disappeared? was it because u r not a genuine customer but rather a staff of colours? tats why the salesman dropped u and not that u had drop them??? Its really sad that companies like colours will resort to such underhand tatics just to lure customers...listen up buddy, the pple will see thru ur pathetic ploy. Nobody is as dumb as you and ur organization.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
is it? which salesman u spoke to? how come he disappeared? was it because u r not a genuine customer but rather a staff of colours? tats why the salesman dropped u and not that u had drop them??? Its really sad that companies like colours will resort to such underhand tatics just to lure customers...listen up buddy, the pple will see thru ur pathetic ploy. Nobody is as dumb as you and ur organization.

i wonder are you a UFO too. er..............saw you attacking this company at a few site.

Hi Yeltsa,

Agreed wif u! Hope all dis guys dun Mislead us!

Well, to be fair I had pretty good encounter with them. The IDs (usually a group of 2 to work on one project) responded well to my queries. They even brought me down to see some finished jobs with the owner's permission upon me requesting. We met up a couple of times outside their office and they have no complains at all. It was such a pity that I'm not able to select them due to some small issues. When I told them that I have decided to drop them, they weren't even angry at all, instead, they mentioned to me that I can always look for them if i have any queries or if i need any advice relating to all reno matters in future.

Overall, good service...

Thanks Stagger..by the way, u may be interested in this link..Its useful for all home owners wanting to save cost of electrical and water bill.. Its tested and proven.. cheers. Save the earth.. GO GREEN..

GO GREEN with soho on electricity

GO GREEN with soho on water

Thanks Stagger..by the way, u may be interested in this link..Its useful for all home owners wanting to save cost of electrical and water bill.. Its tested and proven.. cheers. Save the earth.. GO GREEN..

GO GREEN with soho on electricity

GO GREEN with soho on water

Thanks, this is definitely useful!

i wonder are you a UFO too. er..............saw you attacking this company at a few site.

By 'UFO' u mean, a person who impersonates and bluffs? In any case, I reacted this way to these bunch of pple who impersonate as 'customers' and go around blasting other firms and try to solicit business and traffic by bad mouthing these companies and then in turn compliment how good and wonderful their ID, Lesl*e Chu* is...sad and sick...

A forum is a forum. There are rules, you dun go around flouting them and harm the reputation of these firms. Especially since they are not even real! After finding out about these scams from this 'Colours-ful' people, I decided to go where they go and sabo them... immature ...hmm maybe but heck they started it first....couldn't get the business in a fair and square way and had to resort to such underhand tactics...geez...

I am a true blue Interior Designer, I use the forum to market research and to access myself, or my Company to gain an understanding towards the clients' perspectives. And in a way, I am grateful for the forum, because, I can see where we've gone wrong, what customers really want and at the end of the day, the market benefits.

The internet and such forum sites are scary places... can't live with it...can't live without it... all I can say to the homeowners, who like me, also use this forum for research purposes, dun believe everything u see or read, dun let some unjustified comments mislead and confuse you... Use the internet as a superficial research tool and not as a benchmark for assessment. Discerning homeowners should make the right choice by basis of personal interaction and appraisals. Do not engage firms purely based on price competitiveness, engage them because they have something unique and special to offer. Remember that the kind of ID you get are based on your appraisals. Paying peanuts and surely you will get monkeys... then again paying bananas will also get monkeys...ha ha...

Bottom line is, good IDs, din worked this long (14yrs for me in this business) and this hard just to let some goofball go around sabo-ing us... be warned goofball...

I had a very good experience with them, went to meet them think 1 year back, when i was planning for my mum's house. Was served by this Malay design consultant, forget his name. Price quite competitive, design skill is very good, very impressive. His proposal is very different from other firms, and without me committing on anything, he presented me with a 3D view of my living and dining area and also provide me with a material sample board. All that been that at no charges or commitment from myself.

I agreed with the rest of the forum commenter about them charging a design fee of 3k. Looking at the way they work, their presentation skills, the 3K design fee is justify.

The only thing that stop me from engaging them, is they are not HDB registered. There isn't a sense of security for us owner.

I hope that Soho have already gotten their HDB license, cause i think that is the only thing lacking from them.

I had a very good experience with them, went to meet them think 1 year back, when i was planning for my mum's house. Was served by this Malay design consultant, forget his name. Price quite competitive, design skill is very good, very impressive. His proposal is very different from other firms, and without me committing on anything, he presented me with a 3D view of my living and dining area and also provide me with a material sample board. All that been that at no charges or commitment from myself.

I agreed with the rest of the forum commenter about them charging a design fee of 3k. Looking at the way they work, their presentation skills, the 3K design fee is justify.

The only thing that stop me from engaging them, is they are not HDB registered. There isn't a sense of security for us owner.

I hope that Soho have already gotten their HDB license, cause i think that is the only thing lacking from them.

SOHOARC had already gotten their HDB license since 2010. The License no is: HB-11-4104Z.

I contacted the partner of this firm during September 2010. He assigned his Snr Consultant, Montie, to serve me. My first impression with Montie was good as he is the only person who came with measuring tape and taking down all the measurements, although I gave all firms & contractors the same set of HDB floor plan. He was also able to provide good suggestion and he also asked me which are the old furnitures I want to keep them.

This is also the only company who provides a very detailed breakdown of their prices, including quantity and unit rates for all items quoted.

I was invited to go down to meet Montie to discuss the concept design he had for me, so that I know what were included for me. In the end, I didn't have the time to meet him as I thought my budget was stretched!

Now looking back, I should say this firm is worth a try, as they have done alot of reno works for private condominiums and I have no doubt on their ideas and design. :)

Edited by mae29

oh wat i meant was the pricing quotation includes a 3k designer fee

The quotation I received do not have this line item...perhaps they absorbed as my quotation was over $70K? :unsure:

I think they have serious manpower resource issues. My project has been delayed for a month already and I have no idea when the project can be finished despite my many attempts to ask them to speed up. Should I complain to the boss or CASE or just break the contract and source for my own contractors to finish the job? Any advice?