Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Air

Europe

package is it per couple or per person?

Per person...per couple where got so cheap??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Per person...per couple where got so cheap??

:help:..

air. heard from some if go europe by tour package, its always very rush. and its best to go F&E? wat do u think?

i hate hassle & trouble thinking of route & where to go..and how to go..

:P..

air. heard from some if go europe by tour package, its always very rush. and its best to go F&E? wat do u think?

i hate hassle & trouble thinking of route & where to go..and how to go..

Actually, my friend suggested F&E too....but I wanted to go Italy, Switz and Paris. If F&E, all the hotels need to be booked separately....more ex like that....and the food there is super ex....I also didn't want the trouble to planning for the itinerary....I would prefer to go with tour the 1st time round then next time F&E :P

Actually, my friend suggested F&E too....but I wanted to go Italy, Switz and Paris. If F&E, all the hotels need to be booked separately....more ex like that....and the food there is super ex....I also didn't want the trouble to planning for the itinerary....I would prefer to go with tour the 1st time round then next time F&E !!

hey air, i have request from insight vacations for their dvd introduction like very good leh.

hey air, i have request from insight vacations for their dvd introduction like very good leh.

But insight are mostly land tours right? the other time we went to ask...not cheap leh...cos they only provide the land tours there....which means, u go from here then join the tour group there....u don't take the flight as a group....and the price excludes flight tickets.....if include the price is really very very high...

In the end, we might be going with ASA travel....pricing for a 14D Italy, Switz and Paris tour was about 4200+ after taxes...and it has the exact date that we want to depart from singapore....

But insight are mostly land tours right? the other time we went to ask...not cheap leh...cos they only provide the land tours there....which means, u go from here then join the tour group there....u don't take the flight as a group....and the price excludes flight tickets.....if include the price is really very very high...

In the end, we might be going with ASA travel....pricing for a 14D Italy, Switz and Paris tour was about 4200+ after taxes...and it has the exact date that we want to depart from singapore....

i have toured Europe and i can only say dun waste $ on those packages. Even their Hostels are very good. Book a private room for 2 in hostel very much cheaper than hotels and to me it is just as good. Save the $ for good meals and entrance tics to their many museums.

i sugggest u can start from Munich , Germany which is in central europe, then go by rail. if u can tahan even can book a sleeping couch overnite and u reach the next morning, no prob.

i have toured Europe and i can only say dun waste $ on those packages. Even their Hostels are very good. Book a private room for 2 in hostel very much cheaper than hotels and to me it is just as good. Save the $ for good meals and entrance tics to their many museums.

i sugggest u can start from Munich , Germany which is in central europe, then go by rail. if u can tahan even can book a sleeping couch overnite and u reach the next morning, no prob.

i have no confident

i have no confident

Beri easy one, internet booking is the way to go in europe, so dun worry. When the train depart and when it arrive is all on the ticket and even got rail time table avail at the train station, very fool - proof.

i suggest u guys to read up on travel guides like Let's Go series which in my opinion is the best, i rely on it for many good deals and value for $ restaurants and accomodation.

even for my NZ honeymoon i also DIY, booking most of the itinerary and accomodations online. Works out great for me and also i feel it is much more flexible too.

anyway nowadays , the tics are not so pricey to europe, think u can go there for S$800, so dun worry about screwing up, try it once and it will give u greater confidence to ditch those packages.

but maybe for exotic places like japan, middle east i will take packages 8|

Beri easy one, internet booking is the way to go in europe, so dun worry. When the train depart and when it arrive is all on the ticket and even got rail time table avail at the train station, very fool - proof.

i suggest u guys to read up on travel guides like Let's Go series which in my opinion is the best, i rely on it for many good deals and value for $ restaurants and accomodation.

even for my NZ honeymoon i also DIY, booking most of the itinerary and accomodations online. Works out great for me and also i feel it is much more flexible too.

anyway nowadays , the tics are not so pricey to europe, think u can go there for S$800, so dun worry about screwing up, try it once and it will give u greater confidence to ditch those packages.

but maybe for exotic places like japan, middle east i will take packages :dribble:

wow, to you to europe seems as simple as cup of tea.

eh.. maybe can help me to plan best itinerary for 14days trip in europe? :jawdrop:

wow, to you to europe seems as simple as cup of tea.

eh.. maybe can help me to plan best itinerary for 14days trip in europe? :jawdrop:

Haha me also not confident on planning the itinerary for europe...

ehh if can, help me plan also lah :notti:

anyway, the itinerary we checked has all the places we want to go and we are not familiar with the languages there, i think it would be quite difficult to convey messages, i also very lazy to plan :notti:

we confirm taking the package liao...will be going down to place deposit this month end... :dribble:

Haha me also not confident on planning the itinerary for europe...

ehh if can, help me plan also lah :notti:

anyway, the itinerary we checked has all the places we want to go and we are not familiar with the languages there, i think it would be quite difficult to convey messages, i also very lazy to plan :rofl:

we confirm taking the package liao...will be going down to place deposit this month end... :jawdrop:

:dribble::notti:

so happy for u.

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

so happy for u.

but maybe for exotic places like japan, middle east i will take packages :notti:

aiyo, y repeated post, i see oso blur

Air, can share with me your itinerary? for ur package,

i went chan brother travel their itinerary sux.... duno where the is place,

anybody heard insight?

Insight Vacations is a land tour operator for Europe. This means they operate the entire tour EXCEPT the air tickets portion. Yes, it is definitely more expensive than the usual locally-packaged tours by travel agents (i.e. Chan Bros, Hong Thai, SA Tours, etc) but it is also of a completely different experience.

They have 2 types of tours - The Premium and the Budget. If you can afford it, go for the premium because hotels, etc are all centrally-located and you can always do your own thing after the tour ends in the late evening.

Btw, there is a reason why tours are cheap. The main "cost components" are :

- Accommodation (central city hotel vs far flung hotel)

- Meals (good restaurant food/3 course meals vs cheap food/1 course with no choice)

- Entrance fees to attractions (included vs not included)

A lot of the local tours are cheap UPFRONT because a lot of entrance fees are NOT included. E.g. You go to Eiffel Tower but you don't get to go UP to the 2nd level because going up cost money. E.g. At museums, you get to skip the long queues and get a guided tour of the whole place. A lot of local tours don't bring you in or it's an optional.

In a nutshell, it really depends on what you are looking for. Some people just want to breeze through everything and go shopping. For that, DON'T take the Insight tour. Go with the locally run tours. If you want to appreciate Europe as it is (i.e. the museums, the local food, etc), go with a European tour operator. Also, if you want time to explore on YOUR OWN at your OWN TIME, don't take a tour. But remember, you'd need a lot of time to plan and book on your own through the internet. This can get frustrating. When you book a tour, all you need to do is pack your bags and follow!

Hope the above helps! If you want to know more, can PM me or just reply here :)

PS. I have been in the travel industry for a while now, hence all that information above.

but maybe for exotic places like japan

Actually, my fiance and I went to Tokyo and Kyoto on our own. We just book the air tickets and did everything else online. We only bought the 3D2N package for Kyoto from JTB. Everything else was done online :) It's really easy and such travelling is fun because you can stop anytime you like, eat anywhere you like, do anything you like, and most importantly for me, wake up anytime I like!! :)

Edited by ene

hi ene,

What is your advise. for Honeymoon tour to europe. I have not time to plan myself. my time is tight.

I need to depart singapore on 10June and back to singapore by 23Jun08.

which places to visit?

so far pple keep recomend me to insight vacations.

Looking at their supersaver brochure.

Tour per pack USD1830/pax = estimate SGD2500 , den plus airfare Economy Class i tink SGD2000 so total per pax is around 4500.

then i mus budget for optional offer while we at europe, maybe per day EUR50 x 2pax x 10days = EUR1000 = SGD2000.

So total make up of 11,000 jus for Europe tour , excluding shopping hehhee