Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
baguana

Mr & Mrs Klick's Home

but most of de pics din show de full height glass. btw, how high is tat glass panel? cos i m oso doing something like tat. ID advise 10mm is good enugh. afraid not stable enugh n wondering whether to do 12mm. but alot of xtra cost incur.

I may have somehow given you the wrong impression that it is a full height glass. The bottom portion is actually a storage area. I believe a photo will clarify it all.

DSC_9990.jpg

In my opinion, 10mm is good enough. Although if you want it to start right from the floor, 12mm may be better, in case something like the vacuumm cleaner crashes into it. Hope this helps.

Hihi

How much did you pay for your dinning lights and where did you buy it from?

We got it for $570 from this shop at Shaw Plaza call Thomson Lighting. We like this piece of lighting very much. Now, it also functions as a wind chime due to individual glass pieces hitting each other when the wind blows.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi baguana, ur home is v nicely done up :good:

i love ur MBR bathroom, wanted to overlay mine to something like that too, but abandoned the idea due to the extra cost, ard $10k for both bathrooms, inc. WC, basin etc.

but upon seeing ur pic, im tempted again :notti:

any issues with overlaying ur tiles? e.g. leakage, worksmanship, cleaning

Thanks Dove. No issues with the overlayed tiles at all. What kind of leakage are you worried about? Leaking into your neighbour's ceiling below? It's precisely because of this concern that new flats are not allowed to hack the toilet tiles. HDB does not want to damage the waterproof layer below. Overlaying the tiles just means plying another later of tiles over the existing ones. At least there's no issue for me currently.

Thanks for tt. By the way, can give me e contact for the curtains? How's the quality? OK?

We got our curtains from MGL Curtains & Furnishing (63920373). It's at Lavendar St, Eminent Plaza. Reasonably prices and helpful staff. It's quite recommended in many other forums. That's where we got to know about it in the first place.

I may have somehow given you the wrong impression that it is a full height glass. The bottom portion is actually a storage area. I believe a photo will clarify it all.

DSC_9990.jpg

Hi baguana, can you share with me where and how much did you get the TV console in your entertainment room? It seems small and compact.

Thanx! :yamseng:

After a long wait, the photos of our home taken by a professional photographer (hired by our ID firm for their portfolio) are finally here! I think it is a good closing to the renovation cum moving-in phase that marked the start of our new life in this new home.

In retrospect, the whole process of preparing this new home has been an interesting and enjoyable one. Of course it is not without quarrels, frustrations and disagreements that, I suppose, are inevitable in every household working towards their ideal home. Sourcing for the IDs, choosing the right one, planning the home layout, picking the most suitable tiles, monitoring the renovation work progress, placement of the furnitures, packing up at the old home and moving in to the new one... they are all bits and pieces that makes up the fond memories of this phase of our life.

To those of you who are currently planning or renovating your new home, all the best to you and may you find the same joy that we have experienced during ours.

:yamseng:

3AUppBoonKeng_04resized.jpg

3AUppBoonKeng_05resized.jpg

3AUppBoonKeng_06resized.jpg

3AUppBoonKeng_03resized.jpg

3AUppBoonKeng_02resized.jpg

3AUppBoonKeng_01resized.jpg

wah! nice reno with good choice of lightings and furniture.

46" LCD :dribble:

My bro just move in to Blk 3C in Aug... his kitchen looks miserably small... but yours looks spacious, the clear glass helps alot :good:.

wow.. yr unit is swee 1.. one of the nicest i seen here...

went to MGL for quotation as well.. quoted 1.5k plus for my 4rm unit.. care to share the material and what type of curtains/blinds u used for yr unit? cos yr curtain is nice!

wah!!!

is that glass on ur kitchen cabinets? (pardon the question from a noob)

my saliva drip on to the keyboard liao

and ur dining lite very swee

can advise where its from?

thanks

wah! nice reno with good choice of lightings and furniture.

46" LCD :dribble:

My bro just move in to Blk 3C in Aug... his kitchen looks miserably small... but yours looks spacious, the clear glass helps alot :good:.

Yes, the kitchen is indeed a little small. That's why I decided to tear down the walls and replace it with glass instead. But consider this only if you don't cook very much. If not you'll have a fun time cleaning the glass panels... :bangwall:

wow.. yr unit is swee 1.. one of the nicest i seen here...

went to MGL for quotation as well.. quoted 1.5k plus for my 4rm unit.. care to share the material and what type of curtains/blinds u used for yr unit? cos yr curtain is nice!

I'm not exactly sure what's the name of the cloth used for the curtains. I just picked from the catalogue there. The first thing I considered was whether I wanted "black-out" material or those that allow a lot of light through, or in between. That helped me narrow down my choices significantly.

wah!!!

is that glass on ur kitchen cabinets? (pardon the question from a noob)

my saliva drip on to the keyboard liao

and ur dining lite very swee

can advise where its from?

thanks

Not exactly glass... it's black mirror. I choose black mirror so that there'll be a nice black-and-white contrast between the top cabinets and the bottom ones.

I got my dining light from a shop at Shaw Plaza call Thomson Lighting.