DSC07230.jpg

Alternate view of living room

DSC07237.jpg

Closeup of floor tiles

DSC07239.jpg

MBR

DSC07253.jpg

Common bedroom

What's up next? We'll be installing the air-con, then proceed with painting.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We met up with the air-con contractor, Mr. Lim yesterday and he explained how the trunking will be run. After considering the various options, we've decided to go for the Toshiba system-3 non-inverter, since we do not foresee turning on air-con for the three bedrooms at the same time. Mr Lim recommended us to go for the non-inverter model as there wouldn't be very significant difference in cost savings between the inverter and non-inverter, as what many others had claimed. He felt there is no need to pay $700 extra for the inverter model. Also, he highlighted that spare parts for the inverter model are very expensive to replace, almost double the price of those for the non-inverter model!

Mr. Lim is an air-con installer and not a salesman, and we're glad that he didn't push us to purchase the more expensive inverter model, as compared to a lot of sales talk we've heard from other companies. He was strongly recommended by a trusted relative, thus I believe there shouldn't be any problems.

The only issue is, there will be quite a bit of exposed trunking, due to layout of our rooms. Mr Lim said that he has considered that and tried his best to run the trunking in a such a way to minimise the unsightly trunking. Many people would consider constructing false ceilings or L-box to conceal the trunking. However, we've decided to leave the trunkings exposed as concealing them will create lots of problems when the air-con runs into problems in future such as leaking etc. We'll end up having to dismantle the beautifully constructed ceilings! Besides, having a false ceiling or L-box would interfere with the designs/theme we have in mind for our bedrooms.

We have arranged for the trunking to be installed tomorrow at 10am. Thereafter, we'll proceed with painting, and he'll return for his 2nd installation to put up the air-con.

Edited by countrylover

hi countrylover, eagerly waiting for your updates coz me an ultra country style fan .. 8|

Great to hear that! Are you also renovating your home now? We shd share tips and ideas :notti:

Renovation Day 6 (11 March 2008)

Our floor tiles are completely done, including the skirting. :notti:

DSC07224.jpg

Living room

the flooring looks great! got this very rustic n country look. think it'd look much nicer after they've cleaned it up. 8|

the flooring looks great! got this very rustic n country look. think it'd look much nicer after they've cleaned it up. :(

Yup, really love the rustic look and feel of the tiles. We originally wanted lamintated flooring but decided against it, as it's difficult to maintain. So, when we saw these tiles at Soon Bee Huat, that was it! :notti: Actually wanted to get a shade lighter, but they were out of stock! Was told we had to wait for up to 2 mths for stocks to arrive. 8|

I just realised that I've missed out an important thing...to share with all my floor plan... :ph34r:

floorplan.jpg

Countrylover, mayb you will be interested. Rcvd this sms from Cottage Craft:

"Great Clearance Sale @ The Cottage Crafts, #02-17 Stamford House starts 15/3. Come hurry n enjoy 30% to 50% on most items while stock lasts!"

Countrylover, mayb you will be interested. Rcvd this sms from Cottage Craft:

"Great Clearance Sale @ The Cottage Crafts, #02-17 Stamford House starts 15/3. Come hurry n enjoy 30% to 50% on most items while stock lasts!"

Thanks. I believe the sale is for their decor items. I've actually asked them for a reno quote for my flat, nearly fainted when I saw the price! :ph34r:

By looking at your living room and bedroom, the woody tiles looks very nice and warm and great!

Thanks! The tiles are not really "wood" but designed to look like wood. We will be having lots of wooden furniture and fixtures at home for the added warmth and cosiness! :notti:

Thanks! The tiles are not really "wood" but designed to look like wood. We will be having lots of wooden furniture and fixtures at home for the added warmth and cosiness! :notti:

my tiles look similar to yours, maybe a bit lighter in colour.. how much were yours psf?

Great to hear that! Are you also renovating your home now? We shd share tips and ideas :notti:

hihi...hmm..mine is done a year ago... have a modern country kitchen and bedroom i suppose...But will be doing up my parents' resale flat soon so still lurking around renotalk and getting inspiration! 8|

Yup, really love the rustic look and feel of the tiles. We originally wanted lamintated flooring but decided against it, as it's difficult to maintain. So, when we saw these tiles at Soon Bee Huat, that was it! :notti: Actually wanted to get a shade lighter, but they were out of stock! Was told we had to wait for up to 2 mths for stocks to arrive. 8|

same here, we also wanted the lighter shade, but also out of stock then. my reno shld be completed in about a week's time. abit disappointed actually, it's not as country as i hoped it was. but will buy lotsa accessories, hope it'll look ok.