Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

hi countrylover,

can show me your kitchen?

i am thinking of doing my kitchen in woody country style.....but, just got no idea lor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi countrylover,

can show me your kitchen?

i am thinking of doing my kitchen in woody country style.....but, just got no idea lor.

Hi Jessie

I'm still in discussion with my carpenter on the carpentry works, have not started yet. Will probably only complete in 3 weeks time. Will post up pics in my blog once it's completed. :yamseng:

Hi Jessie

I'm still in discussion with my carpenter on the carpentry works, have not started yet. Will probably only complete in 3 weeks time. Will post up pics in my blog once it's completed. :yamseng:

hi countrylover,

thanks thanks!

look forward to your pix on your kitchen ;)

HDB hacked and fixed my ceilings as promised. Everything, including the repainting, was completed last Wednesday. Now it feels good to have a brand new ceiling. Keeping my fingers crossed that the problem will not happen again. Can't believe that this problem actually took up 3 weeks of our time! :curse:

How the ceilings looked two weeks ago...

DSC07626ps.jpg

And now...

DSC07664.jpg

Edited by countrylover

We had all our lightings installed over the weekend...finally! Very pleased with what we had bought! :)

Dining room

DSC07704.jpg

Living room

DSC07711.jpg

DSC07693.jpg

Kitchen

DSC07710.jpg

Toilets/Household shelter

DSC07716.jpg

MBR

DSC07707.jpg

DSC07706.jpg

Children's room

DSC07713.jpg

DSC07696.jpg

Study room

DSC07700.jpg

DSC07697.jpg

Edited by countrylover

The only complaint we have with the lightings is that most of them are too dim. Can't help it, cos they come with the standard 40w or 60w bulbs. This is the sacrifice we have to make for wanting such classic looking lamps. :P

A preview of the feature wall in our MBR which we DIY.

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07680.jpg

The only complaint we have with the lightings is that most of them are too dim. Can't help it, cos they come with the standard 40w or 60w bulbs. This is the sacrifice we have to make for wanting such classic looking lamps. :P

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07680.jpg

Very nice lightings... :good:

And your DIY feature wall starting to have that country feel....I'm impressed! :thumbs up:

This is gonna be a very busy week for us as we are moving this weekend. I know it is a mad rush and our reno is far from being completed but we had no choice, as the new tenants for our current flat are moving in on Sunday. :(

Kind of frustrating, as painting and carpentry are all not done. Just gotta put up with it for the next few weeks, and gradually finish up the painting and furnishings when we move in. Might not be too bad an idea too, as it was really stressful running in between two flats over the past few mths to get things done.

The more pressing issue now is to start packing, and I've just got started! :bangwall:

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly this week. Looking forward to my home sweet home! :sport-smiley-003:

Very nice lightings... :good:

And your DIY feature wall starting to have that country feel....I'm impressed! :thumbs up:

Thanks oda! We are gonna work on the living room feature wall soon, hiya been talking abt it, but no time to purchase tiles at Soon Bee Huat. Will slowly get it done after we move in this weekend. :dancingqueen:

Hi, countrylover so did you use forest woodworking to do your kitchen?

they done my kitchen the last time, very expensive and after about less than 3 months some of the wood got worms. They tried repairing but didn't do a good job, so no more country kitchen for me now as they are good to see no good to eat. Very hard to maintain!

quote name='countrylover' date='Jun 23 2008, 04:14 PM' post='309583']

This is gonna be a very busy week for us as we are moving this weekend. I know it is a mad rush and our reno is far from being completed but we had no choice, as the new tenants for our current flat are moving in on Sunday. :(

Kind of frustrating, as painting and carpentry are all not done. Just gotta put up with it for the next few weeks, and gradually finish up the painting and furnishings when we move in. Might not be too bad an idea too, as it was really stressful running in between two flats over the past few mths to get things done.

The more pressing issue now is to start packing, and I've just got started! :bangwall:

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly this week. Looking forward to my home sweet home! :sport-smiley-003:

Thanks oda! We are gonna work on the living room feature wall soon, hiya been talking abt it, but no time to purchase tiles at Soon Bee Huat. Will slowly get it done after we move in this weekend. :dancingqueen:

Hi, countrylover so did you use forest woodworking to do your kitchen?

they done my kitchen the last time, very expensive and after about less than 3 months some of the wood got worms. They tried repairing but didn't do a good job, so no more country kitchen for me now as they are good to see no good to eat. Very hard to maintain!

Hi lauahkua

Oh dear, very sorry to hear of your bad experience with Forest. Kind of unbelievable as they claim to be the best in terms of workmanship and designs! And thank God I'm not engaging their services, as I find their prices really too absurd!

I'm engaging my relative who does carpentry...she did a country style solid-wood kitchen cabinet for my mum abt 7 years ago. To date, my mum's cabinet is still in a good condition, except for some scratches which can be touched up with some refurbishing. Back then, my mum paid only abt $3.5k. The kitchen cabinet which my relative quoted is abt $4.8k, which is still acceptable as price of wood and materials have increased now. Not forgetting that I have requested for a lot of additions to my cabinet. :deal::notti:

But I agree that all wooden carpentry needs lots of maintaining, cos moisture and water can easily damage them. Really gotta make sure we clean everyday after cooking and keep them dry.

Waa, you DIY this ah? :bow:

How you DIY this kinda feature wall for your MBR? How much you pay for the relevant materials? Can share? :)

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07680.jpg

Hi countrylover, lucky u din let them do ur kitchen. I paid about 8k for a 3rm flat's kitchen way back in 1998.

Now I also looking for contractor to do my hse. Will do a simple kitchen this time so less maintenance.

Take your time, my new TV will arive this saturday...and i don't think i wanna do any feature wall for the TV, but anyway will still drop by the week after this to see your DIY living room feature wall.... ;)

Waa, you DIY this ah? :bow:

How you DIY this kinda feature wall for your MBR? How much you pay for the relevant materials? Can share? :)

Not me, my hubby did. If it's me, it'll prob take 1 year to get it done! :P He used to be an ID, so he's quite familiar abt how to get such stuff done.

The materials we used are bricks, cement and sand. Probably cost us less than $100 for the material cost. One alternative is to purchase those nice nice bricks, stones or wall tiles from tiling companies but they are expensive. One box (depending on design and quality) costs at least $200. Heard from my hubby that the bricks he bought cost only $0.06/piece, so if u buy 100 pieces, it costs only $6. :notti:

But it's really quite tedious to get it done, he took almost 1 mth to complete that small section of wall. We only had time on weekends to work on it.

Take your time, my new TV will arive this saturday...and i don't think i wanna do any feature wall for the TV, but anyway will still drop by the week after this to see your DIY living room feature wall.... ;)

How much did you pay for your TV? Think u mentioned it's 37"? I'm also looking ard for an LCD TV, shd be going for 37" too. Is yours full HD or HD ready? Just wondering if there's a huge difference in picture quality for both.

Hi countrylover, lucky u din let them do ur kitchen. I paid about 8k for a 3rm flat's kitchen way back in 1998.

Now I also looking for contractor to do my hse. Will do a simple kitchen this time so less maintenance.

If u r interested, I can pass u my subcontractor and carpenter's contact. Pls PM me.

Edited by countrylover

DSC07673.jpg

DSC07680.jpg

hi countrylover,

i am a country lover too!!

wowo love the brick walls u are constructing.

we have a brick wall as well at the diningroom, but contractor did for us. hehehe

i think it's great that u can DIY!!!! and the wall looks good!!