Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

Over the weekend, we finished painting the study room and living room. We intend to complete all painting by the end of this week.

Need any help in your painting? :paint:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Need any help in your painting? :paint:

Hehe...u so nice, want to volunteer your time ah? :notti:

Thanks so much for your offer but we shd be able to finish by the end of the week. Want to quickly finish it, so we could shift the furniture into the respective rooms and move over our piano this weekend. It's still at my parent's place. :(

Hehe...u so nice, want to volunteer your time ah? :notti:

Thanks so much for your offer but we shd be able to finish by the end of the week. Want to quickly finish it, so we could shift the furniture into the respective rooms and move over our piano this weekend. It's still at my parent's place. :(

Anytime when I'm free... :D

So nice got piano....is it played by you or your kid? I've always wanted a piano at home even though I don't have any music background...hehe...piano look nice in the living room...

Anytime when I'm free... :D

So nice got piano....is it played by you or your kid? I've always wanted a piano at home even though I don't have any music background...hehe...piano look nice in the living room...

I used to play the piano but hardly got time nowadays. My daughter is taking lessons now. Old liao, so must step down for the young generation to take over. So next time when you hear piano playing, it's probably from my place. :P

Yeah, agree with u that a piano takes centrestage in the living room. I've always dreamed of having a grand piano in the middle of my living room, but must move to a landed property to fulfill this dream. :rolleyes:

Hi Country lover,

Congrats on the move!!

Can't wait to see the "completed" look!!

hi all...been a long time since i logged on...tink previously i had promised some pics on my modern country place......

here goes....http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd241/gege2802/

hi all...been a long time since i logged on...tink previously i had promised some pics on my modern country place......

Hi gege,

Your place is so nicely decorated!!

Love the country kitchen!!

Hi Country lover,

Congrats on the move!!

Can't wait to see the "completed" look!!

Thanks, but my home looks very rojak now. It looks like a jungle, more than a country cottage. :bangwall:

Some of my furnishings are still not in yet. Guess will take another mth or so before it looks more decent. :P

Will try to take pics of my progress and upload here to share. I'm losing sleep big time, not used to staying in my new home yet. zz

Nice fire place there... :thumbs up:

How come the wall feature is pink? you like pink? :D

Hi gege,

Your place is so nicely decorated!!

Love the country kitchen!!

Yeah totally agree! A very fresh modern country look indeed with all those French white furniture. I hoped mine will turn out to be something similar. :good:

I initially wanted everything white in my home but on 2nd thoughts, it's not practical at all, esp when I have 2 young kids at home! End up, all turn out black by the end of the year. 8|

I especially would want my kitchen cabinet to be white but cleaning up will be an issue as we are gonna cook and bake quite often.

The only place I've maintained the white theme is the MBR. The rest of the rooms and living room, I'm basically using teak wood furniture and other dark woods.

Gege, care to share how much u spent on reno and who's your ID? I love your bathroom mirror. Where did u buy it?

Before the move...

DSC07727.jpg

DSC07731.jpg

After the move...

DSC07737.jpg

A closer look at some of our teak wood furniture...

DSC07738.jpg

DSC07741.jpg

Some light-hearted moments of my girls having fun during the painting process...

DSC07744.jpg

DSC07758.jpg

We've finished painting the living, study and children's bedroom. Targeting to finish painting the MBR by today. :dancingqueen:

Hi coutry lover,

no worries!! i guess it takes a longer time to settle the soft furnishing.

i don't think i will be ready until september too! hahahha

YOur girls are really cute!!!

It's always exciting when moving to a new home esp for the kids. Can see that your kids are very very excited about moving in soon...congratulations! :dancingqueen:

It's always exciting when moving to a new home esp for the kids. Can see that your kids are very very excited about moving in soon...congratulations! :dancingqueen:

Actually we've moved in to stay since last Sat. :) Even though the uncompleted reno has caused us some inconveniences, my girls are still thrilled to stay in a new home anyhow. I've promised to let them have a princess-themed room and they are eagerly looking forward to it!

For their room, we had it painted in ICI Dulux Fantasy.

DSC07781.jpg

Check out the cottage-look window sill...

DSC07779.jpg

Some princess themed accessories waiting to make their way into my princesses' room. :P

Princess night light

DSC07784.jpg

Princess wall murals

DSC07787.jpg

Edited by countrylover