Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

Tanglin halt floor plan and Toa payoh floor plan looks so alike, heh correct?

your flooring is so cozy :notti: ..btw how much per square metre is ur tiles?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The air-con installer came for their 1st installation at 11am to put up the trunking on 14 Mar. Felt so paiseh, as hubby was stucked at work at the last minute and couldn't be there to open the door and give them instructions. One of the workers called me at 11.30am and I had no choice but to rush down from work at 12 noon. Thank God my office is just nearby! Felt so bad to make them wait for me for 1.5 hrs and hold up the installation. Nevertheless the workers were waiting patiently when I arrived and didn't scold me! This is a great attitude that we would love to see anywhere in the service industry. :)

Think the installation of the trunking for the three rooms were completed by 4pm. They took less than 4 hours even though we didn't arrive on time. Great job done!

DSC07278.jpg

Closeup of trunking at MBR

DSC07281.jpg

Trunking at MBR

DSC07276.jpg

Trunking at common bedroom

DSC07265.jpg

Trunking at study room

Up next, we'll be painting the house before the installers return for their 2nd installation to install the air-con.

my tiles look similar to yours, maybe a bit lighter in colour.. how much were yours psf?

$3.20psf from Soon Bee Huat. Did you also buy from SBH? When we 1st bought the tiles, they looked quite dark. But after laying everything, I felt they looked just right! Thank God! :furious:

same here, we also wanted the lighter shade, but also out of stock then. my reno shld be completed in about a week's time. abit disappointed actually, it's not as country as i hoped it was. but will buy lotsa accessories, hope it'll look ok.

Don't worry, I'm sure it will turn out fine! Having a country theme doesn't mean to make everything look traditional and classic, a lot to do with colour combination and decor too. Hope to see photos of your home reno when it's done. Can PM me pls? Thanks.

Edited by countrylover

Yesterday, we started work on the L-shape racks for the household shelter. It was tough work cutting up the metal brackets and by the end of the day, we were about 70% done.

At the same time, we also started painting sealer for the household shelter and skirting for all the rooms. Will finish painting for the household shelter first, so that when the L-shape racks are completed, we can start to move over some of our barang barang. :bangwall: We hope to finish all painting in two weeks time, so the air-con can be up.

We seriously wonder why is there a sloping window latch done by HDB. Now racking our brains to see how we could beautify the area and make it less obvious. :bangwall:

Edited by countrylover

hi where did u get ur metalracks for the hhs from? do u have pics?

You should be able to get from most DIY or hardware shops. I don't have pics now but will try to post up pics of the completed racks this weekend.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry183616

You can read in this thread, regarding the leveling of the slope

hi jule

been a long time since you posted. yapz. i got the same problem of kanna permit rejected by HDB for levelling the slope at window ledge. my contractor did it with cement but i told them to hack it off. used carpentry instead.

countrylover, maybe its better for you to remove now to prevent any issues in future or take down the photos here. you never know some man in white might be lurking here hehe. den :P liao LOL

hi jule

been a long time since you posted. yapz. i got the same problem of kanna permit rejected by HDB for levelling the slope at window ledge. my contractor did it with cement but i told them to hack it off. used carpentry instead.

countrylover, maybe its better for you to remove now to prevent any issues in future or take down the photos here. you never know some man in white might be lurking here hehe. den :P liao LOL

Hee, sakae, I still come in to read sometimes, but nothing much to contribute so no post :P

Countrylover, this is what I did for my MBR.. could only afford 1..

windowledgewj4.jpg

Hee, sakae, I still come in to read sometimes, but nothing much to contribute so no post :)

Countrylover, this is what I did for my MBR.. could only afford 1..

windowledgewj4.jpg

Hi jule/sakae

Thanks for sharing. I had discussed this with my HB previously and he said that the issue only comes in if we decide to sell the flat in future, that's when we will need to hack it to its original condition before HDB comes for inspection. He used to be an ID and has done this for his clients, so he should know better. :D

Anyway if we think about it, anything we do to the flat such as feature wall, window grills, partitions etc add on additional weight to the place. In fact, we've visited some neighbours' flats and realise that some of them also level the slopes the same way. But we'll think of ways of how to level them, so as to minimise the amt of weight added to the ledge.

Am I right to say that the carpentry for your platform is fixed to the wall? That means there's an empty space between it and the slope?

Hi jule/sakae

Thanks for sharing. I had discussed this with my HB previously and he said that the issue only comes in if we decide to sell the flat in future, that's when we will need to hack it to its original condition before HDB comes for inspection. He used to be an ID and has done this for his clients, so he should know better. :D

Anyway if we think about it, anything we do to the flat such as feature wall, window grills, partitions etc add on additional weight to the place. In fact, we've visited some neighbours' flats and realise that some of them also level the slopes the same way. But we'll think of ways of how to level them, so as to minimise the amt of weight added to the ledge.

Am I right to say that the carpentry for your platform is fixed to the wall? That means there's an empty space between it and the slope?

hi

i did carpentry to level up the slope. just simple plywood and finsih with paint. asked my plaster guy to plaster smooth the wood so the effect is simpilr to using cemnet. just must lighter and can hear the hollow sound when you knock it.

:help: