Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

Really pei fu you that your family managed to move in despite reno work still on-going. If me, definitely cannot.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there!

I'm really impressed with how you DIYed parts of your home! :thumbs up: Also, the decor items you got really make your home cosy and country. :) But I'm a bit surprised that you didn't choose to have white furniture and kitchen in the end. Anyway, can't wait to see your completed home! Have fun with all the decorating and final touches. :D

Really pei fu you that your family managed to move in despite reno work still on-going. If me, definitely cannot.

Yes, it's causing some inconveniences to us but still manageable. We basically work on 1 room at a time, then shift stuff in when done. We had no choice due to some tenancy issues with our old flat and some unseen delays with the reno. Given a choice, we would rather wait till everything is completed. We had the basic stuff like beds, living room furniture and an induction cooker, so it really wasn't that bad after all. Trust me, we even manage to eat steamboat at home! :notti: As the saying goes "船到桥头自然直“. :)

Anyway, really happy to see that our carpentry is finally here. Most likely will have everything fixed by next week.

Hi there!

I'm really impressed with how you DIYed parts of your home! :thumbs up: Also, the decor items you got really make your home cosy and country. :) But I'm a bit surprised that you didn't choose to have white furniture and kitchen in the end. Anyway, can't wait to see your completed home! Have fun with all the decorating and final touches. :D

Thanks! I simply love white furniture! But cos we cook very often, think maintenance and cleaning will be a problem, so gotta scrap the idea. :(

The only place where I manage to keep my white theme is the MBR. They will be delivering the bedroom set next week. Will take photos and share once it's ready.

Hi Country Lover,

Glad to see the kitchen taking shape!!

Can't wait to see the finished product...

Hi Country Lover,

Glad to see the kitchen taking shape!!

Can't wait to see the finished product...

Upon closer inspection and thought, we realised there were lots of imperfections. Especially the canopy hood, it's not up to our expectations at all. It's too straight and edgy, looks like a rectangular box instead! We feedback to the carpenter today and they dismantled it, promised to work on it to match our expectations. My hubby just drew a sketch with the dimensions, hopefully they get it right this time.

Today, they had the shoe cabinet fixed and the frames of our MBR wardrobe installed. Am too tired to take photos, will do so tomorrow when I have time.

Can't wait for the carpentry to be completed soon, so we can move all our barang barang in.

Upon closer inspection and thought, we realised there were lots of imperfections. Especially the canopy hood, it's not up to our expectations at all. It's too straight and edgy, looks like a rectangular box instead! We feedback to the carpenter today and they dismantled it, promised to work on it to match our expectations. My hubby just drew a sketch with the dimensions, hopefully they get it right this time.

Today, they had the shoe cabinet fixed and the frames of our MBR wardrobe installed. Am too tired to take photos, will do so tomorrow when I have time.

Can't wait for the carpentry to be completed soon, so we can move all our barang barang in.

oh yah.. so i guess things are still in boxes now??

at least ur carpenter is responsible! eheh should be fine i guess... if they are willing to dismantle and redo

oh yah.. so i guess things are still in boxes now??

at least ur carpenter is responsible! eheh should be fine i guess... if they are willing to dismantle and redo

hehe...yah. i've got boxes stacked everywhere! hopefully the carpentry can be fixed this weekend, so we can get our barang barang sorted out.

hi hazel.. ya i noe its u.. don wanna say ur name out only cos i duno if u're okay with revealing it hehe. ya i noe vivien too.. from another forum. we shd all exchange visits to each other's hse once all done hehe. yup.. hard to find country lovers in sg. u haven join me, alan n christine ya.. lets arrange soon :)

helo vivien.. ya i agree with u that the canopy doesnt look like one. must get them to redo it. i attached my canopy here. this was taken during reno. is urs gg to be this shape too?

IMG_9515.jpg

hehe hazel.. join us for gathering la!! i'm arranging a session to visit my hse soon, see if u free to join in. get vivien too. :)

Our carpentry is 80% completed. The carpenter has installed the kitchen cabinet, MBR wardrobe, shoe cabinet and household shelter feature wall. What's left undone is the timber partition for dining/living and some touchups here and there.

Kitchen cabinet

DSC07973.jpg

DSC07977.jpg

DSC07979.jpg

DSC07984.jpg

DSC07971-1.jpg

Edited by countrylover

More photos of my kitchen cabinet :

DSC07989-1.jpg

DSC07980.jpg

DSC07987.jpg

DSC07969-1.jpg

DSC07967.jpg

See how awful the canopy hood looks still? The carpenter has amended the shape but somehow left the hood dangling outside!! Arggghhh...they just don't seem to get it right! :curse::furious: Anyway, they said will extend the plywood to cover it. Have decided to buy decorative tiles to beautify it. Really, really pray that they do a decent job this time. Sigh...

Edited by countrylover

Shoe cabinet

DSC08012-1.jpg

DSC08007-1.jpg

DSC07994.jpg

After installing the shoe cabinet, we realised that it's too high and huge! Looks really majestic when we enter the main door. Shouldn't have requested for a full height one, shd have done a 3/4 height one instead, and probably ask for shelves or glass cabinet for the remaining 1/4. :(

Feature wall for household shelter

DSC08001-1.jpg

DSC08024-1.jpg

So glad that the HSS feature wall is finally up to cover the ugly door. Makes the entire living room look more classy and warmer too. :)

MBR wardrobe

DSC07945-1.jpg

DSC07950-1.jpg

DSC07948-1.jpg

The door on the left is still missing, as the size is wrong. The carpenter is redoing a new one and will install by this weekend. Due to space constraints and layout of my MBR, the wardrobe is really small, don't think can accommodate all our clothes. Will probably need to buy another one to put in the study.

hi hazel.. ya i noe its u.. don wanna say ur name out only cos i duno if u're okay with revealing it hehe. ya i noe vivien too.. from another forum. we shd all exchange visits to each other's hse once all done hehe. yup.. hard to find country lovers in sg. u haven join me, alan n christine ya.. lets arrange soon :)

helo vivien.. ya i agree with u that the canopy doesnt look like one. must get them to redo it. i attached my canopy here. this was taken during reno. is urs gg to be this shape too?

IMG_9515.jpg

Your kitchen cabinet looks great! Do you have photos of how it all looks like?

Love your canopy! Unlike mine, really looks like sh*t. :bangwall: The shape of mine, like what I've posted above is a straight-cut one. I actually asked for something like yours (with the curved in outlines), but my carpenter said they are unable to do it. :furious:

hehe hazel.. join us for gathering la!! i'm arranging a session to visit my hse soon, see if u free to join in. get vivien too. :)

Cool...will really love to visit all your homes. Believe it will be much nicer than mine, as mine is a low budget production. :o My friends been wanting to visit my home but cos everything is still in bits and pieces, I'm very shy to invite them over. Hehe...think will probably need another few mths before I can do my house-warming.

Got gathering must jio me hor! :D

I think it is odd that the carpenter cannot do the curvy outline for the canopy like piggiedearz's since I notice that there are alot of curved carvings on your drawers & the top cabinet doors with the top holes with curve somemore.

If can do curves, why not? :dunno: Perhaps you can show them the pic piggiedearz posted in here?

Edited by BunBun

Hi countrylover

i think the tiles might do the trick....

we shld have a country gathering! go get country decor stuff haahah