Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
roseberry

Josen Dream Home

Hi all,

Just collected my keys to our new home today. Didnt' really do much checking today... no time.

But has anyone encounter uneven floorings? Like from living rm to kitchen, from living room to bedrooms.. there's like different levels of the ground.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Just collected my keys to our new home today. Didnt' really do much checking today... no time.

But has anyone encounter uneven floorings? Like from living rm to kitchen, from living room to bedrooms.. there's like different levels of the ground.

Welcome roseberry!! :thumbs up:

which blk u are from? :dancingqueen:

our living room also have a bit of unevenness but we decide not to do anything since it's not a big issue to us... yet... hee

Edited by bpheng

Hi all,

spam chop

welcome to renotalk ...

hmm.. almost everyone has the uneven floorings ...

get back to your TO and ask if you able to change the flooring

good luck :dancingqueen:

welcome to renotalk roseberry

agree with ranval9, show your TO the unevenness and demand that they do something about it

best if you can pour water on the floor and see if it puddles

if it does then definitely must ask TO to rectify liao

Me too. Also got uneven flooring in the living room. Cos after i gotten my keys, i actually wash my living room and found there in the middle of the room, the water can't seem to flow out lor.

Will report this in my defect list and see what they say.

Me too. Also got uneven flooring in the living room. Cos after i gotten my keys, i actually wash my living room and found there in the middle of the room, the water can't seem to flow out lor.

Will report this in my defect list and see what they say.

Hi Neighbour (missyling),

Do you mop or pour the whole bucket of water? wouldn't the skirting spoil if like that pour the whole bucket of water? :furious:

bpheng: I'm at Blk 676B. !!

ranval9, applefreak: My living room is ok but the bedrooms 2 and 3 are not. The parquet in the centre of both rooms are obviously bulging outwards. :) When I step into the room, I get this giddy feeling lor.

Hopefully HDB can just remove all the timble portions in the house la anyway I'm planning to do homo tiles over the house.

that sounds pretty bad, think the parquet expanded due to excessive moisture :dunno:

list it down as defects and cham siong with the contractor to see if he can remove them without putting them back :dunno:

Hi Neighbour (missyling),

Do you mop or pour the whole bucket of water? wouldn't the skirting spoil if like that pour the whole bucket of water? :dunno:

Hi popeye gal

My hubby pour the whole bucket of water on the floor. Only after doing so then we realised the skirting is wood one lor..

By the way, did anyone realise that the skirting is hollow?

Hi popeye gal

My hubby pour the whole bucket of water on the floor. Only after doing so then we realised the skirting is wood one lor..

By the way, did anyone realise that the skirting is hollow?

ya... did some knocking at skirting at all rooms... then when my ID do the 动土 ceremony, they hack off a few pieces of the skirting... realised only got some cement or plaster at each end... :unsure:

Finally have time to upload some pictures of my problem parquet.

There's buldging in my parquet flooring and the HDB officer has yet to give me an adequate solution.

Here's the current flooring:

CurrentTeak2jpg.jpg

CurrentTeak1jpg.jpg

The new batch of wood which they offered to lay but we felt that the tonality of the flooring is not nice at all. Will be calling them to negotiate again.

NewTeak1jpg.jpg

NewTeak2jpg.jpg

NewTeak3jpg.jpg