Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kcang71

Krono Fix

Hi,

anyone heard of the laminate floor brand called Krono Fix? Is it related to KronoTex in anyway?

This is their web site http://www.krono-fix.com. Have anyone used thier product before? My ID actually

recommended Kron fix and another brand called Premier to me. I would like to know how's their laminated flooring quality.

Tks.

Rgds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

anyone heard of the laminate floor brand called Krono Fix? Is it related to KronoTex in anyway?

This is their web site http://www.krono-fix.com. Have anyone used thier product before? My ID actually

recommended Kron fix and another brand called Premier to me. I would like to know how's their laminated flooring quality.

Tks.

Rgds

How much psf for Krono fix and premier?

How much psf for Krono fix and premier?

I don't know. The ID just quote a full price i.e for 3 bedrms + 1 living rm.

Have you heard these brand b4? Reliable?

I don't know. The ID just quote a full price i.e for 3 bedrms + 1 living rm.

Have you heard these brand b4? Reliable?

Do you know total floor space? $$Total cost/total floor space sf = $$/ psf.

think Court ID and Barang Barang use Kronofix.

Go for Kronofix, it is a German company. Only thing is that they are not as famous as Kronotex in Singapore. Read from this forum that it is better than Kronotex during a performance test. But make sure the series you choose is really made in Germany.

If the laminates are from Germany, then it is good. Just like China made ones are usually not so good !!

Go for Kronofix, it is a German company. Only thing is that they are not as famous as Kronotex in Singapore. Read from this forum that it is better than Kronotex during a performance test. But make sure the series you choose is really made in Germany.

If the laminates are from Germany, then it is good. Just like China made ones are usually not so good :dribble:

Yes my ID did told us it's from China though it is German technology. I couldn't find

any info. on this brand. Searching from google only link me to a website which is a local

company promoting this brand.

Rgds

Try this website http://www.kronoflooring.com/en/kronofix.shtml

Hah, made in China though German tech? Then better think twice. I am so scared of China made products no matter what tech they are using. Their quality simply not up to standard, very cheapo :dribble:

Ask your ID if you can go for Kronotex? Their laminates are made in Germany.

Try this website http://www.kronoflooring.com/en/kronofix.shtml

Hah, made in China though German tech? Then better think twice. I am so scared of China made products no matter what tech they are using. Their quality simply not up to standard, very cheapo :dribble:

Ask your ID if you can go for Kronotex? Their laminates are made in Germany.

But I thought now most of the wood come from China? So far all IDs I have spoke to

told me nowadays all the materials are China-made except for certain brands they come

from Malaysia or Indonesia. Ok tks for the link, I will check it out.

Hi, I had renovated my house in March 2007 where I had overlay my whole house with Pergo laminate flooring.

During my sourcing for renovation quotation, I realise that all designers had recommend "cheap product". Surprising I didn’t heard anyone recommending Pergo or Kronotex. But I ask them to

quote me Pergo or Kronotex laminate flooring, all of them tell me THEY ARE EXPENSIVE, advise me not to use.

So many brand in the market, which is the best choice? I had went down to compare the quality different & had understand the difference.

Summery

- Supreme has 2 type AC 3 & AC 5, 8mm think. Heard from others it is a local brand and products are manufactured from China or Malaysia. Claim to be AC5 which follow European Standard but not able to see them listed with EPLF. Refer to www.eplf.com. Mostly designer used them. Life-time warranty by Supreme.

- Kronotex is from Germany & some ranges are from China. They have arange which is actually laminate floor but market it as Ëngineering wood. I understand that Engineering wood should be in plywood backing but they are not. I would say their quality not bad. 10yrs to 20yrs warranty. Their click system look simple so not sure whether it is strong enough.

- KronoFix in made in china. AC3. Very cheap. If I did not remember wrong, there one time I go to HDB hub where they have their roadshow there. Only selling at $2.80p.s.f. To me its look very cheapo quality.

- Premier floor is also china made AC3, Very cheap. Think $2+ Only. (My friend choosen a dark colour for her and noticed that the surface texture not consistant. The floor swell after some water spillage even

they wipe dry immediately. ) Best part is they ask them to change the

whole floor say colour discontinue le. Cannot replace in portion & its not under warranty.

- Pergo have a few range also. From AC3 to AC5 (TitanX Suface very scratch resistant). AC 3 is Sweden Technology OEM ( Original Equipment Manufacture) in Malaysia & AC5 is manufactured from Sweden. Not really that expensive if you are looking into quality. The sales team are very professional too. Due to tight budget I went for AC 3 at $4.50 p.s.f during one of the exhibition. Will definitely go for AC 5 (+/-$1.50 p.s.f more) if money is no a problem.

The reasons I chose Pergo is because 1)Warrantly 15yrs or 50 years from Manufacture where the rest of the brand all seems to be trader warrantly. Which mean if the company no more exist then the warranty no use already. 2) Is the colour looks more natural. 3) Quality, Best Technology, Innovative & Inventor of laminate flooring. Maybe you shall visit their showroom. I think I.D. don’t recommend me is due to margin not as good as other brand if they use Pergo. www.flooroption.com

But I thought now most of the wood come from China? So far all IDs I have spoke to

told me nowadays all the materials are China-made except for certain brands they come

from Malaysia or Indonesia. Ok tks for the link, I will check it out.

Hi,

Just to add some more.

Kronotex - 90% of their FB comes from China. They target China market = cheap low cost.

Alsapan Flooring - 100% Made in France. Local exclusive distributor www.Bilrich.com

Kaindl Flooring - 100% Made in Germany. Local exclusive distributor www.Bilrich.com

Both Alsapan & Kaindl have a Full range from basic to Highend.

I have seen some design that gives continuous flow in the deco prints. Just like real wood texture.

So, imagine I am a businessman who wants to make tonnes of $.

I will get cheap & mark-up. Don't forget, contractors/ designers also needs a cut.

Zip

Hi,

Just to add some more.

Kronotex - 90% of their FB comes from China. They target China market = cheap low cost.

Alsapan Flooring - 100% Made in France. Local exclusive distributor www.Bilrich.com

Kaindl Flooring - 100% Made in Germany. Local exclusive distributor www.Bilrich.com

Both Alsapan & Kaindl have a Full range from basic to Highend.

I have seen some design that gives continuous flow in the deco prints. Just like real wood texture.

So, imagine I am a businessman who wants to make tonnes of $.

I will get cheap & mark-up. Don't forget, contractors/ designers also needs a cut.

Zip

The previous owner of our resale flat used Bilrich laminate flooring. The floor is in bad shape now but the previous owner only stayed there for 5 years. Website says 15years warranty so we called Bilrich, they didnt want to replace nor repair. Said it's owner's fault, didn't take care of the floor. So thinking of getting another supplier to replace the floors.

The previous owner of our resale flat used Bilrich laminate flooring. The floor is in bad shape now but the previous owner only stayed there for 5 years. Website says 15years warranty so we called Bilrich, they didnt want to replace nor repair. Said it's owner's fault, didn't take care of the floor. So thinking of getting another supplier to replace the floors.

If U buy a car..used it..bang it..and go back to supplier and ask for free repair..is it reasonable?

What was the problem?

Flooding in your house?

I have used them for more than 5 yrs for my retail outlets.

No problem even with heavy mopping every week.

Who did you talk to?

If U buy a car..used it..bang it..and go back to supplier and ask for free repair..is it reasonable?

What was the problem?

Flooding in your house?

I have used them for more than 5 yrs for my retail outlets.

No problem even with heavy mopping every week.

Who did you talk to?

Good for you if you didn't have any problem with the floor. For us, there is no way to find out if the previous owner did take care of the floor. We just believed what the owner told us... that only 3 people (couple and their daughter) stayed in that 5room flat so should be less foot traffic, right?. Previous owner also told us to call Bilrich and ask if they can do repair. Some guy (hubby talked to the person so I don't know his name) said that they cannot do repair as the damage was previous owner's fault. We don't know if anyone from Bilrich went to the flat and inspected, though. Possible that it was owner's fault. But just to be sure, we've decided to try a different brand of laminate floor. Hopefully this one lasts longer than 5 years.