Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Monkey's Home At Cck

don't know why my home always got insects one :bangwall:

previously got visited by adult praying mantis, centipede, earthworm, millipede, giant moth etc (17th flr)

current home so far the baby praying mantis, loads of ants, spiders and lizards (7th flr)

so poor thing

i was so worried that it migh get sliced by my ceiling fan or eaten by my furries

had to try and catch it to put outside... :dunno:

Wow U so "lucky" :jawdrop: ... I stay on the second floor and the worst I got is a centipede. U really a perfect animal/ insect lover. Worried abt their safety somemore. For me it will be "destroy" whenever in sight.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Update of my house renovation...

Wet works are finally over. Yay! :sport-smiley-004: Dry works will commence next week. :good:

Display Cabinet framework in progress (Study Room)

False Ceiling mounted

Part of the living room have already been plaster smooth and the whole house should be also plaster smooth by next week...

Hopefully can post some photos of carpentry work next week... Stay tuned... :yamseng:

Edited by Monkey

hello! u and yr wifey born in 1980? place coming up nice! :good: i miss the excitement of my renovation, the joy of seeing the place forming.

Edited by LinDa

hello! u and yr wifey born in 1980? place coming up nice! :good: i miss the excitement of my renovation, the joy of seeing the place forming.

Hi LinDa,

Hi... Welcome to my thread. U guess it from my nick n avatar? Yes I am born in 1980 but my wife is born later. :) I am deeply in love with anything monkeys so will have plenty of monkeys stuff in my new house. U are right the joy of seeing the place form is indeed indescribable by words. End of the day, I really hope both of us have a house we can call home! :yamseng::good:

It's been a long time since I update the T-Blog. There have been not much development in my house. :( The carpentry works are all off site and there have been quite a few delays since. :( Wrong material use works not up to standard and design not what we wanted. 8| Been trying real hard to get my ID to finish works in 2 weeks time so that I can move in before the 7th month. Keeping my fingers cross... :unsure:

I have also change my mind to plaster smooth the whole house instead of just part of it as I find it quite weird to just do a partial work.

Here are the few updates I have...

PLC Lights are up in the Living Room and Study Room. Love the effects it have on the various rooms.

Bulbs and Lights scattered in the living roo

Have also finally decided on the aircon unit. My ID recommended a System 3 and System 2 unit. 1 Blower unit in each of my 3 room and 2 Blower unit in my living room. Had only wanted to go for a single compressor System 4 unit but my ID strongly do not recommend this combination as the living room is huge. So decided to bite the bullet and bought 2 daikin compressor, 3 9000BTU blower and 2 12000BTU blower. :notti:

Edited by Monkey

We have also made the final selection for the lights in our house. Below are some of the lights. Will try to post the rest soon.

For Bedroom 3 (Spare Room) The blue one with white stripes

spareroomsj5.jpg

For Tea Corner

image101bg4.jpg

Wall Light for the dresser table

dsc0559od2.jpg

This is a light that fits perfectly into our monkey corner and a nice item to our monkey collection. (The monkey will swing his leg when touch) :notti:

p2306081824us2.jpg

p2306081825zn3.jpg

Edited by Monkey

This 2 - 3 weeks have been veri frustrating. :furious:

My renovation have not been moving much. The carpentry work is delay for more than 2 weeks with no completion in sight. The sanitary fitting I wanted a few of them have no stock. Even the painter who is suppose to start work today did not show up. :curse:

According to the ID due to the construction boom, a lot of contractors now got plenty of business and therefore are overwork and understaff. Worse still, as the demand is high they will go for jobs that pay the highest. There are also a shortage of raw materials such as copper and therefore driving up the costs and also causing alot of delays. Any of the fellow members here facing my problem?

I am trying veri hard to finish the reno but 20th Jul so that I can move in before the hungry ghost festival but it seems a mammoth task. :unsure::unsure:

Anyway here are the photos of some of the light I have bought...

Track Light to be place near to the gate (Can rotate any angle)

entrancetracklamplo8.jpg

MBR Light

mbrlr5.jpg

My matching side table wall light in MBR

mbrsidetablewalllampdz8.jpg

More than 2 months since I updated the thread. After some discussion between my wife and ID, we decided to change a carpenter as the previous one is really slow in producing the stuffs and can't seems to get what we wanted... 8|:bangwall: And also since it's the 7th Lunar Month, we decided to stop reno for a month and let a new Carpenter redo the work off-site... :):)

Fortunately things are finally moving again :sport-smiley-004: (P.S Actually it started on the 1st Sep but I was too busy n lazy to update) :P ... Below are the progress photos...

1st coat Painting in progress

After much deliberation and thoughts, we decided to seal off the floral wall in the service yard for the various reasons mentioned in the thread...

The finish product...

This is actually dark grey but look black in the photo

Will provide an update of the other photos soon... Stay tuned... :yamseng:

Edited by Monkey

hehe.. I have a couple of monkeys in my home too !

Hi, Welcome to my thread! :yamseng: C that U have completed yr reno. Any blog or thread I can visit? Hopefully I can complete my reno soon and showcase all my monkey collections... :sport-smiley-004:

:sport-smiley-018: hi hi, spam chop to say :good:

never think of blending the feature wall wif the real wall. the effect is v good... :good:

Long time no see you in RT. A pity that you and your wife sealed up the floral wall cos it is an asset to have a vintage look sometimes. :)

When are your furnitures going to be in? Can take pics of your lights that are up now in your home? :sport-smiley-004:

:sport-smiley-018: hi hi, spam chop to say :good:

never think of blending the feature wall wif the real wall. the effect is v good... :good:

Hi... Yeah I was also a bit surprise the effects is good despite assurance from my ID before painting it will turn up fine. Some parts of the wall in white will be covered by wallpaper so stay tune... :):)

Long time no see you in RT. A pity that you and your wife sealed up the floral wall cos it is an asset to have a vintage look sometimes. :)

When are your furnitures going to be in? Can take pics of your lights that are up now in your home? :sport-smiley-004:

Yeah... It's a pity but to prevent further prob in the future we opted to forgo the unique floral wall... :(

Currently carpentry works are in progress so I have yet to set a date for the furnitures... Not in a rush now since 7th month is over... :D In fact some of the lights are up but will wait till all is set before posting... :)