Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
assirac

Choosing Laminates For Kitchen Cabinet

Trying to decide on laminates for my kitchen cabinet.

Basically prefer textured surface, but was given the advice that it may be difficult to clean. any with advice?

I seldom cook, so is this really a BIGGGG issue?

I've shortlisted a few laminates from TAK. Appreciate comments and votes heheheh ...

I just can't decide. :bleah:

Pine Oregon Teak

Jamaica Teak

Amber York Teak

Choc Oregon Teak

Edited by assirac

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

correct, it will be more difficult to clean compared to conventional matt laminate.

matt laminates, you just need to use the cloth to wipe from left to right once. But using textured laminated, you need to wipe from left to right then back to left..... thats a 100% increase in effort required. scary ya...... :dribble:

end of the day, if you like it, get it!

Trying to decide on laminates for my kitchen cabinet.

Basically prefer textured surface, but was given the advice that it may be difficult to clean. any with advice?

I seldom cook, so is this really a BIGGGG issue?

I've shortlisted a few laminates from TAK. Appreciate comments and votes heheheh ...

I just can't decide. :good:

Pine Oregon Teak

Jamaica Teak

Amber York Teak

Choc Oregon Teak

I'm going for a mix of shiny surface and texture surface for my cabinet this time. It will be up this few days, not sure what to expect as it is completely different from our last kitchen (which we love). Decided to go with a different look this time. Maybe we can share cleaning ideas next time if you are using texture too :good:

Out of the 4 laminates you listed, I like Jamaica Teak for it's color and grain. If you prefer something dark and what I feel a more sophisticated look, Choc Oregon Teak looks good.

I'm going for a mix of shiny surface and texture surface for my cabinet this time. It will be up this few days, not sure what to expect as it is completely different from our last kitchen (which we love). Decided to go with a different look this time. Maybe we can share cleaning ideas next time if you are using texture too :good:

Out of the 4 laminates you listed, I like Jamaica Teak for it's color and grain. If you prefer something dark and what I feel a more sophisticated look, Choc Oregon Teak looks good.

Hehehe, I'm swaying towards Jamaica Teak and Pine Oregon Teak :(

Though I Also like the Choc Oregon Teak ... I was worried that it may look too dark...:)

correct, it will be more difficult to clean compared to conventional matt laminate.

matt laminates, you just need to use the cloth to wipe from left to right once. But using textured laminated, you need to wipe from left to right then back to left..... thats a 100% increase in effort required. scary ya...... :)

end of the day, if you like it, get it!

OK ... noted ... Will let my cleaner aka hubby decide on whether he minds working harder to pretty laminates :P

Hi Assirac

noob question

what are the charges for the laminate and does Lamitak have a showroom at their Sungei Kadut HQ?

Hi, charges for laminate should be included in your carpentry quotation wor. I could choose any laminate below the list price of $50. Lamitak has a factory in Sungei Kadut, it's not exactly a showroom, however you can always ask the sale office to show you the "actual" laminate sheets.

Hehehe, I'm swaying towards Jamaica Teak and Pine Oregon Teak :dancingqueen:

Though I Also like the Choc Oregon Teak ... I was worried that it may look too dark...!!

So have you decided on the laminates? I just got mine installed recently with texture too. Kinda a different feeling from our past kitchen, will post pix soon on my T-blog.

So have you decided on the laminates? I just got mine installed recently with texture too. Kinda a different feeling from our past kitchen, will post pix soon on my T-blog.

Hehe ... in the end we took the "safe" route. chose a dark grey solid color laminate for our kitchen cabinet.

For the rest of the house ... it was Black laminate :notti:

Now having headache with the paint colors ... I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE SO MANY KINDS OF WHITE ?!?!?!?!

:P

Hehe ... in the end we took the "safe" route. chose a dark grey solid color laminate for our kitchen cabinet.

For the rest of the house ... it was Black laminate :P

Now having headache with the paint colors ... I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE SO MANY KINDS OF WHITE ?!?!?!?!

:(

I also selected black for my kitchen cabinet, and also black for my household shelter.

So wat color for the paint u chose??

I also headache with the paint colors....

I also selected black for my kitchen cabinet, and also black for my household shelter.

So wat color for the paint u chose??

I also headache with the paint colors....

In the end ... i chose ... WHITE for all walls.

In the end ... i chose ... WHITE for all walls.

Hi assirac,

Have ur reno finished?? If yes can post some pics of the wall color??

And wat are the white that you chose??

There are sooo...... many white.....

Hi assirac,

Have ur reno finished?? If yes can post some pics of the wall color??

And wat are the white that you chose??

There are sooo...... many white.....

I actually chose plain white .... there is actually a WHITE white :P

paint works is not done yet. will post pics once done :)

I actually chose plain white .... there is actually a WHITE white :P

paint works is not done yet. will post pics once done :)

Ok tks,

Also saw ur T-blog, i also chose the same black laminiate as yours haha... :)

Ok tks,

Also saw ur T-blog, i also chose the same black laminiate as yours haha... :)

Hehe ... that I may have more photos to share ... will post in my T-blog tonight :P