Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

we used wellmax too.. no problems with them. price is cheap so cannot expect very good quality

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I used Eric from Wellmax for my windows grilles (living room + corridor bedroom = 7 panels) and the price was reasonable and we're able to deliver in a week's time (would have been earlier but they were busy with the hari raya weekend). Eric knew his stuff and would give his recommendations as well.

Only problem I had was the installation was late - was told 3 pm, didn't show up till about 5 pm but that was because they were delayed at another location. But the two guys went straight to work, quick and efficient and were done within like 20 plus minutes.

The grilles were to the specifications that I had asked for.

Hi,

Would you mind sharing how much you pay for your grilles,thanks.

I used Eric from Wellmax for my windows grilles (living room + corridor bedroom = 7 panels) and the price was reasonable and we're able to deliver in a week's time (would have been earlier but they were busy with the hari raya weekend). Eric knew his stuff and would give his recommendations as well.

Only problem I had was the installation was late - was told 3 pm, didn't show up till about 5 pm but that was because they were delayed at another location. But the two guys went straight to work, quick and efficient and were done within like 20 plus minutes.

The grilles were to the specifications that I had asked for.

I just saw this thread about Wellmax. We also just signed up with Wellmax for our windows and grills. We liaise with Eric as well. And I agree that he is quite helpful and knowledge. Sharing alot with us, including his encounter with his customer etc... etc.... etc.... we don't know how to stop him also. :P

He came up to our flat to measure and bought all the samples and catalogs for our browsing.

Pricewise: We saved around 1k compared to all the quotes from the different contractors/IDs. Infact, they are able to customise the grill design if you can provide the drawing (if they can do for you if they are able to).

We have not install the windows yet. I'll come back to share the experience on the installation after I installed them.

Hopeful they are good. :D

I just saw this thread and am sourcing to change my front gate. Can pm me Eric's contact? I've tried the company's number listed somewhere in this forum but the number is no longer in use. Thanks in advance.

One bad experience can tarnish the image of a company. After reading hopeless2212's plight, I am not sure whether do I still want to consider getting Wellmax Metal Works to do my grilles...

reminds me of a quote somewhere in this forum "cheap no good, good not cheap" :P

Hmmm... i think there is better options ard.. do look ard b4 commiting.. and wellmax took the roof back 1 week ago le.. haiz.. now our house "roofless" .. somemore these few days.. kept having heavy rain.. balcony flooded.. lol.. think can keep fishes there..

One bad experience can tarnish the image of a company. After reading hopeless2212's plight, I am not sure whether do I still want to consider getting Wellmax Metal Works to do my grilles...

reminds me of a quote somewhere in this forum "cheap no good, good not cheap" :P

LATEST UPDATE

Mark called Poh today.. and ask him when we are going to dismantle the roof. He says he wants to take the roof back. He wants to take back to sell the roof to someone else. so buyers beware.. it could be the old roof he is selling u guys.

Last updates on our windows/grillz/roof installation by wellmax

Everything is up and installed. all the windows latches has been powder coated.. however.. 1 of the MBR window latch "drop-off" .. not sure if it is the HDB guy that came to re-install the balcony piping or whoever else.. realised it when i saw the "drop-off" latch on top of the aircon switches.

Here is the conclusion of Wellmax.. though the prices r cheap.. but i find their workmanship lousy. my current home grillz and windows, even after more than 12 yrs. everything is still intact.. even after we hang stuff onto the latch etc.. or after yrs of constant latching and unlatching... i think max give these windows 3 yrs.. and the latches etc will start to deteriorate..

However.. me and HTB decided to just leave it and not contact wellmax again.. not a very pleasing experience and we rather put the wellmax saga behind us..

Just to check,

Other than the deposit, any payments made after he installed the roof?

Or remaining paid after all installed?

nope.. so far only deposit is paid.. the rest will pay upon completion of all the works.. in this case, after all the windows and grillz and the wrought iron gate are installed...

Latest update on the roof... Mark installed the roof today.. and it is not wat we wanted.. :(

When we signed up wif susan, we clearly said that we want clear, light green (matching wif our windows) polycarbonated roof.. she said oki.. last week, Poh sms mark to remind him that we want clear, light green polycarbonate roof.. so that was 2 reminders given..

This is wat we got :

pctwinwall.jpg

which is not see thru.. and is dark ..

Poh refused to accept this and he called Mark.. mark says he is not going to touch the roof anymore ( as in he is not going to change the roof for us ).. and he is going to leave it as it is.. cos he said he just realised today how dangerous the job is for his workers to installed the roof .. and he is not going to accept any roof job in the future.. to which Poh agreed wif him.. since they dun have the expertise in changing roofs, they had better leave that job scope alone and just concentrate on changing windows/grilles/gates/doors etc..

The end conclusion.. we are not going to pay for the roof.. cos it would be unfair for us to pay for something that we dun want.. Mark agreed. So he is still going ahead wif the windows grilles and wrought iron gate.. and we will just pay him for the windows and grilles..

Haiz...

Just to check,

Other than the deposit, any payments made after he installed the roof?

Or remaining paid after all installed?

Latest update on the roof... Mark installed the roof today.. and it is not wat we wanted.. :(

When we signed up wif susan, we clearly said that we want clear, light green (matching wif our windows) polycarbonated roof.. she said oki.. last week, Poh sms mark to remind him that we want clear, light green polycarbonate roof.. so that was 2 reminders given..

This is wat we got :

pctwinwall.jpg

which is not see thru.. and is dark ..

Poh refused to accept this and he called Mark.. mark says he is not going to touch the roof anymore ( as in he is not going to change the roof for us ).. and he is going to leave it as it is.. cos he said he just realised today how dangerous the job is for his workers to installed the roof .. and he is not going to accept any roof job in the future.. to which Poh agreed wif him.. since they dun have the expertise in changing roofs, they had better leave that job scope alone and just concentrate on changing windows/grilles/gates/doors etc..

The end conclusion.. we are not going to pay for the roof.. cos it would be unfair for us to pay for something that we dun want.. Mark agreed. So he is still going ahead wif the windows grilles and wrought iron gate.. and we will just pay him for the windows and grilles..

Haiz...

Edited by hopeless2212

so hacking done?

Hi.. hacking finally completed on fri.. debris is all still at my place which mark says he will clear out by mon.. installation of roof, grillz and wrought iron gate and the window latches which i insist him for changing , he says all will be done on the 6 aug.. which is a thurs.. he have to complete everything on the same day cos my main contractor will do the acid wash on 7aug, fri.. lets shall c...

Hi guys..updates!! Mark notified my HTB that the hacking will be done on wed now.. so 1 more day to wait..

so hacking done?