Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

so it seems Wellmax is one where u can engage, will probably be cheap, but cannot expect quality work or service.

has anyone heard of Ho Ho Engineering? anyone engaged them for their windows change and also wrought iron gate? They've been in business since 1976....that must mean they're doing something correctly, rite?

can someone kindly sms me Eric number?

Hello guys,

Wellmax's number is easily within reach from the classified newspaper.

To begin with, I didn't hire Wellmax, but I would like to share my opinions about the company.

Indeed, Eric is very experienced and truthful in the field. I got to know him when my colleague

engages them to replace his windows. He was there to show the pictures and samples of his products.

Wellmax pricing is indeed one of the most competitive I must say.

Aftersome time, I was told that their worksmanship was shabby, and that my colleague had called repeatedly to the company to touch-up defects. However, they failed repeatedly to turn up that my fustrated colleague given up on

them and had to live with the half-past six job.

So, the story goes; you pay peanuts, you get monkeys job done.

I got mine done by them too. Really much cheaper.

Call Suki directly at 91611987 to get a better quote. If you call their main number or email them first, then she will not be able to serve you. Just tell her that Malvin from The Rivervale, Sengkang recommended you.

:bangwall::curse: warning..

DO NOT GO TO SUKI

i have seen Malvin's reply from renotalk and called her directly (thinking i can get a cheaper deal)

she did not tell me she is NO LONGER WITH WELLMAX and i met up with her for a quote.

After meeting up, She claims her husband and herself has set up a new company to compete in same business line..

i raved about Malvin's comments on her cheap quote and shown great trust in her.

The following day, i received a quote thru email from her summing up to $21xx

I am quite certain the amt shouldnt be that much..hence, i decided to do a google search on other window grilles vendors and called for a quick quote through the phone, quoting (double hollow grilles, xx number of total ft length, xx of rooms in my unit, xx panels of windows in svc balcony).

I quoted all based on the items Suki listed me, and guess wat? even thru phone, i can get a quote cheaper than hers.. the fellow quoted me $17xx

and said, this is open for further neg after they have come up to my house in person to give a more accurate quote.

I send this back to her and said, she quoted me WAY TOO HIGH..and sounding abit annoyed by her DISHONESTY.

the fellow from phone which i dun even know at all, quoted me a price of few dollars cheaper than hers PER FOOT. hence total sum would mean a substaintial amt

She only let me know she is no longer with wellmax when i met up with her.

My mom has advised me that it's not safe to deal with her, coz 1) she is dishonest even though i quoted her that someone in forum recommended her for her cheap and reliable quote 2)she seems to be luring me to meet up with her before she disclose she is not with her ex company , wellmax. I contacted her based a reputable company and what if my windows are not fixed properly? where can i locate her? malaysia? (she is a malaysian/ i duno if she is a PR)

She immediately called me to revised the quote to $17xx, which is ONLY $50 cheaper.

im not happy...not that i feel the price is steep, but simple becoz it shows that her quote is only neg to be $50 cheaper than what the phone vendor quoted me...is this enough for me to forgive her dishonesty for a quote $50 cheaper than her compatitor?

Anyway, i rejected her politely and said i need time to access my final decision.

She seems hard up and kept emailing and called me.

I met up with Eric finally last week and decided to share this.

He revealed that she was fired for some reasons and he prefer not to go into insight of the details for ethical reasons.

But he asked me to judge based on how i encountered her 'honesty' in quote.

End of session, he spent 2 hours in my house, explaining to me on specs of windows, possible designs in window, patterns of windows and quoting /pointing neighbour's house window designs.

he is patient and realli amazed me by his conversation with my very naggy mom who kept asking him repeated qn..

his final quote to me is $14xx for a 4room

we are very happy with his qoute and scv (after comparing it with Suki, which im very disappointed)

I am sharing this as a advice and guide to all others who just read Malvin's great description of her.

I hope, when she read this post...she will do some SOUL SEARCHING and will quote a reasonable price to future home makers like how she quoted Malvin's. She has to be morally ethical in quoting price and not suck our blood dry on top of all other house purchase of home makers!

to Malvin:

i think she has changed her mindset when quoting price coz she is now the boss of her own company

and i also found out, her company is only a reg company without any shop or watever.

Edited by crystal cloud

hi simplycho

not sure if that person you talk to is Mike or Mark.

But the way he talk, sounds like that Mark who attended me when i had my renovations months back.

SImply rude and poor, horrible customer service.

He will put words into my mouth and simply have no respect when talking to a lady.

Cos his conversation with me, is totally different from the way he talk to my husband.

Anyway, it is good that you 'voice' out all these.

hopefully those who going to engage them in future, please really think twice.

They give cheap rates, but it also means the quality you're getting is also not there.

till now, I'm very careful with my windows, not because it is precious, BUT it is so FRAGILE!!, never seen such low standard windows before.

EVEN their wrought iron gate is cheapo lor.

really regret getting engaging them.

Hihi,

I am back with the reviews. :)

Er... both hb and I think that if given a 2nd chance, we will go for other window contractor instead of wellmax. The sale pitch by Eric is very good, gave us the feel that he really know his stuff. But the follow-up service after that was quite bad.

As we changed all the windows, we need to install the kitchen and toilets windows after the hacking is done so that our tiler can tile the area nicely. We had told Eric in advance on the dates, reminded him to apply for permit and hb even give him several reminders. But they never turn up on the dates that they promised for installation, dismantling etc.

I could still remember that we were at Jln Besar shopping for our sanitary stuff when the office called hb and told us to rush back as his workers are there to dismantle the existing window grills. We got to rush back as its the Xth time that they didn't show on their promised date and we need the grills down so that the plastering can take place for the rooms.

After the installation of the windows at the rooms, we found that the window panel alignment is really off for all the windows. Usually when we pull the windows together, the panels will interlock together and the turning knob lock will be in place for the user to turn. For wellmax window, the window panels doesn't interlock properly when you pull them together, you need to really aligned them properly inorder to turn the knob to lock. Both of us thought that this is really not right, we went to check on the windows at my parents'. The windows panels will interlock and turning the knob is a breeze, unlike the ones that we JUST install.

Hb had to phone Eric to check on this and he told us its normal practise to install the windows in this manner. If we really insist, they can install the rubber for us which is an additional job/service. Of course we wanted the rubber, and true enough, the windows panels can interlock better with the rubber, though still not 100% perfect.

Our windows at the balcony is also 'slanted'.... meaning from groundlevel, when we look up, we can see that all the windows of our neighbour sit parallel to the ledge, ours is like 1 corner tiled towards the inside. We just closed 1 eye on it, so long as the windows doesn't drop out. sigh...

Hb is also unhappy about the installation of the grills. The gap between the walls (top, bottom, left right) and the frame of the grills is quite big. I wasn't around for the installation and one of the gap that hb show me... we can even see the outside through the window through the gap. I almost fainted. :wacko:

There are some other issues, but I didnt want to go to the details. The most irritating issue is.. Eric went MIA for weeks in the midst of our issues with the windows. Infact, its quite hard to get him before he MIA as he hardly respond to hb's sms and call. We are quite pissed as some of the issues need to be resolve before we can move on to other stages of the reno. We also have some water seepage issue that need to handle fast as we are afraid that our newly plastered wall will pop. Its only when he went MIA that we realised, it seems like we have no way to get him except to call his mobile as we have never go to the shop/factory before.

Anyway, he re-appeared suddenly with the reason 'MC for the past few weeks' and informed us to make payment. We are not sure if its true but we thought the least he could do is to pass our case to his colleague.

We are both glad that our reno is completed and if there's another chance of renovating another apartment, we will go for other window contractors. ;)

Quotz: cheap no good, good not cheap

Kinda of remind me of the salesman, they would always said cheap not good, good not cheap!!!

I ask him, so you mean expensive very good, good very expensive

When the sales person do such a sales pitch, I will tell him that come on cut the crap, we are doing a business here. How good you are...wait till you finish the job!! Don't want to be psycho...beware when you buy things...and you find yourself listening most of the time...that's mean you are being psycho to what he wants and not you want!!

cheap can't expect much....err..how cheap is cheap and how much is much. Ultimately, the product brand speaks for the quality and the workmanship speaks for the skill...