Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I'd like to add on to previous posts to warn others. I agree with the other forum writers 100%. Definitely, definitely DO NOT engage Wellmax for any kind of work. We used them, and it was really a nightmare dealing with them. Problems and issues left and right. Unfortunate that I neglected to read online reviews before engaging them. I will elaborate more about my experience with them later. But if you are currently thinking of engaging them, DON"T. Even if they are cheaper. Find another company and save yourself a lot of stress and pain.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I really need to review this company very badly so people wont fall into the same situation as me. Engaged them to do mild steel frame with glass panel . 1) Person who went to measure the site did not take down requirement properly and did the wrong thing the more than 3 three times in a row. 2) Too much defects on the products . Scratches , dents , metal not in alignment , bubbles on surface . Its too much to even name. It was obvious defects ! Totally unacceptable kind. 3) Boss always late in response, irresponsible & likes to flip his words . 4) Takes very long to rectify issues . 5) Kept chasing for payment when things are not done properly. Overall its a NIGHTMARE .. SERIOUSLLY . I wanted them to refund for the product but they refused. Found them through facebook , seeing that they did alot of projects and many portfolios , we engaged them no doubt the fact that they have so many bad reviews on google because the bad reviews were from years ago .. so thought after long time , their workmanship may have improved .. but proved myself wrong . Was regretful .. but nothing i could do since deposit already paid. So just warning whoever that may want to try their service to reconsider in case you end up like me.

Encounter very very bad experience with this company, Bad workmanship, very very poor after sales service, scratched windows. They promised to come to rectify, but will never turn up. I made calls after calls, and weeks after weeks, they kept promising, but never turn up giving all sorts of excuses. I regretted choosing Wellmax Metal because of competitive pricing. Should I have read this forum earlier, I wouldn't have made this terrible mistake! It is really a horrible nightmare!

Could anyone advise me what to do?

• Like 1

Latest Update (June 2015) on this company: Wellmax

I engaged this co, to provide for my HDB door gate...The gate came with scratches and not well sprayed (powdered coated) and the salesperson who took measurement overlooked there is a gap between the gate and the wall. Now after the gate has been installed in Feb'2015 (before CNY), the worker said will come back to do something to the gap. Months (4 months) had passed and no one came to rectify the issue. Keep calling the office and everytime the girl said will send the worker down. No sight of the worker!!! This is maddening!!! Irresponsible company.

Lesson learnt: Do not make payment until everything has been done properly and according to your standard. DO NOT USE WELLMAX METAL!!!

I regret engaging Eric and Welmax. I misled myself after reading the earlier posts only. I should have read all the post before engaging them. My experience is terrible. Comparing with market rate, their price is slightly cheaper but the work output is worst.

I am considering complaining to CASE.

Looks like I have to touch up on my own to improve the condition of the grill or live with it. At least, I can complain to CASE.

for a decent people who just wish to have a nice house without going through too much unpleasant...

based on TRUE story.

they maybe cheap (i hired them via contractor - M*****a), however it is a "memorable" experience.

my windows' quality is an issue from the beginning, the window black rubbers at 4 sides of glass suppose to meet nicely 45 degree at the windows corner, however, what i can see are: some overlap each others, some didn't meet each other, some bend into the aluminum instead to meet at corner...

i feedback to my contractor, he failed to get any attention from wellmax, but let me to deal with them directly, that is how i know this name.

plus, a set swing windows will auto give up to a strong wind, not fully open, but a 20 cm gap toward outside, also, the left panel has problem to be swing in. i called wellmax, it always claims they are busy, as i can't make it on weekday, hence i have to be cooperate to wait for a Saturday 3 weeks later, which i think fair enough.

as I didn't hear anything from them at all, one day before the appointment, I called wellmax to check the Sat appointment, they said "sorry, can't make it due to....". ok, i rearrange the next Saturday, wellmax gave me the timing at 10am - 10.30am, no one show up, i called, they changed it to 1pm, no one show up, i called, no body answer.

then this time round a workman himself called me to asked if i can reschedule!!! at the end, he said it will be at 4pm. so here it goes my Saturday!!!

for your consideration if you going with wellmax.

1. don't make full payment until they give you what you want!! (the workman said that he have to go the other side because the payment is yet to collect, but mine is already paid)
  2. call and call and call....even when they got your appointment fixed and said someone will be there.
  3. if you think time is money, please don't go near them
  4. if you agreed "sorry" doesn't help, don't consider them, cos they will give you a lot of sorry and you live with your problem.

Avoid at all costs.

I agree they are a hit-and-run company with poor customer service, poor workmanship and no ownership/integrity.

Only know how to shift blame and no offer to propose solution for the problem they caused.

:furious:

Amazing that despite the feedback here, people still asking for wellmax's contact....

Nearly 2 years already, one of my windows have to jerk it each time I open it and there is algae or green stuff growing under the silicon...

I'm back here looking for window grilles now but even if they give me free, I'll look elsewhere...

Anyway, good luck to those who still want to contact them....

Hi, due to the recent increase in metal prices, my ids could not provide a good price for casement windows. Therefore I am going for a contractor. Anyone heard of them or had any experience with them? Thanks in advance for you inputs. :bangwall:

Recently i did my casement windows with singapore aluminium grilles and i find their prices and service quite okay...

maybe you can try them, hope it helps!

I have lost count the amount of times the came to fix (8times at least). What's worse, most of the outdoor railing has begun to rust.

The last installation of my railing, my wife lost her handphone.

Will be making a police report shortly.

Met the boss about the problem. Was not apologetic in any way.

Very aggressive, we had to back away.

Decided with my main con to engage another railing person.

Worst experience of my life.

Good luck for those who dare to use em.

DONT use wellmax if u can.

TERRIBLE Experience.... absolutely.\

Shoddy material, poor workmanship.

Good luck for those that thinks of signing up.

that was kinda bad experience you got from Wellmax. Well i guess theres prolly some misunderstanding.

Because due to my friend who experienced from Wellmax it was a quite a pleasant ones.

she got so contented with the job done that she kept promoting to us.

your case prolly a miscommunication.

DONT use wellmax if u can.

TERRIBLE Experience.... absolutely.\

Shoddy material, poor workmanship.

Good luck for those that thinks of signing up.

hey guys, seem like i am not the only one who is gettin all the **** from wellmax.

I think we should create a topic to condamn all this so-called contractor.

Before we hand in the money, everything we ask or even wish is agreed.

But once the money is paid. there not more news of anything that will be going to happen.

my case with wellmax has been dragged for the pass 1 yr ++....

tomorrow i will have to go to the small claim court to see what can they do for me.

I ask wellmax to provide me with the pot-bellie iron grill.

told the sales personally, and he also took the measurement.

deposit paid, after 1 month, then heard from them.

Nevermind coz maybe time needed to fabricate the pot-bellie.

When the item arrive, never really check, and they took down the existing one. hence i am staying on the ground floor.

and without the grill, you know what i mean. (****)

while installing, the foreman told me there is something wrong with the measurement. i ask why?

he told me the salesman has given the wrong measurement, then i ask them HOW????? it's coming to 6pm and there is no way i am gonna let it be just like that??

so they told me to use this for the time being, and they will get the salesman to come back to me. Well i guess i have got no choice to accept the grill as it is.

the salesman called me in a short while, telling me that he will drop-by my place only next week to see the problem. well i mean since it's Thursday, maybe all the appointment is filled.

but it really take 1 full week before he turn up.

When he came, he keep telling me that what he has written in the book is the correct measurement. how come the factory never follow the instruction.

Then i also told him that i am staying on the ground floor, how come the iron bar is soooooooo thin. i think anyone can bend. He say i never mention it to him, so this is it.

So as a customer, i must know everything and inform you about all these. i ask him. and if i knew about all these, then i wouldn't need to engage you in the first place. might as well i look for the factory to do it myself??

Then i ask him how can we solve this, he told me to pay for another set but at the same price, but this time round, the material will be thicker (more solid), discount for me since they are not charging me for the labour, just the material. and also in the same time, he will look out for me if there is anyone who is ordering the same grill with the same measurement. so i can get back my money.

I was thinking since they are doing all these every now and then, chance are high. so i agree, paid for the second set. now i ask him what i need to look out for??

and what are the thing they will be doing for me? Like , thickness of the iron bar, curve of the bend, high of the grill, color, so.......... i guess everything is settled.

Guess what, they came back to install the grill in a month's time. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME AS THE FIRST PIECE. i didn't measure the length, maybe it is longer then the first one which is already installed.

i reject the grill and tell them to take it back. called up the salesman. phone was engaged. and couldn't get him for the next 1 week.when got thru, he told me now he is abroad, wait till he come back, he will come by my place again.

this time round, about 3 months plus coming to 4. he didn't drop-by, i manage to get him on the phone. he told me he is no longer working with this company. and he has already handed everything to the manager. they will follow up with my case. so i called up the company, the manager wasn't around. was also away on holiday or something.(****, what's goin on)

I left my no. with the office girl, asking the in-charge to call me back. wait and wait..........

another 3 months pass-by, this time round, i am fed up, so i go down to their office, didn't manage to get hold of anyone who is in-charge, just that office girl taking the call. this time i ask for their in-charge no.

she reluctantly scribble some number on a piece of old newspaper.

I went home and bombard the number for the next few day, and finally talking to someone.

she told me she didn't know anything about my case with this salesman. more ever, this sales man is no longer with them. There is nothing she can do?

i mean she can say all these. i told her now that i have a written receipt from her company, even she denied any knowledge, this is her problem, but i just wanna my problem to be solved.

so she told me to called back the salesman, ask he to sort out all these for me. since he is the one who collect the money from me.

Ok, fair, i called up the salesman, .......... now ping-pong here and there, back and fro him and the in-charge. until now, no news from both party.

Then my frds told me that i can go to the small claim court to seek for injustice.

hope i can get back all my money and i will get someone else to redo everything.

So PLEASE TAKE NOTE. BEWARE OF

WELLMAX METAL WORKS.

NO. 9, DEFU LANE 3, SINGAPORE 539441

TEL : 62846735

that was kinda bad experience you got from Wellmax. Well i guess theres prolly some misunderstanding.

Because due to my friend who experienced from Wellmax it was a quite a pleasant ones.

she got so contented with the job done that she kept promoting to us.

your case prolly a miscommunication.

Most unfortunate incident. For me I personally would prefer to get these sort of work done thru and ID / contractor. It may cost a little more but generally reduces any future hassles like this.

Some ID will cost a lot but not little, s all reno was in budget

Most unfortunate incident. For me I personally would prefer to get these sort of work done thru and ID / contractor. It may cost a little more but generally reduces any future hassles like this.

I really cannot understand why some company / people just cannot be truthful and sincere in their business dealings...

They can be cheap (but always bear in mind they are doing business, they'll not be so cheap that they sell at a lost), but cheap doesn't mean lousy services or workmanship. It's a competitive industry where workmanship and services counts, it's really sad that such things still happening in 2011...