Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
li_yidai

Application Fee To Hack Wall

Hi, my contract told me that in order to hack wall in an HDB flat, we need to pay $450 application fee to HDB. This rule was just set-up by HDB since 1st, Feb,2008.

May I know whether it is true?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi, my contract told me that in order to hack wall in an HDB flat, we need to pay $450 application fee to HDB. This rule was just set-up by HDB since 1st, Feb,2008.

Call HDB la

Nope. I also hack wall but pay 0 dollars. Your contractor/ID is not honest.

Be wary.

Pay $0 ?? but u still got to pay a sum for your contractor to get a PE for endorsement , hack wall fee and smoothen surface fee right?

Guest tommy_moby

ya lo.. muz pay de la.. where got free de.. in this world nothing is free.. haha..

Nope. I also hack wall but pay 0 dollars. Your contractor/ID is not honest.

Be wary.

The need to engage a PE for hacking of walls in HDB flat only applies to new flats at Toa Payoh and Sengkang Central and all upcoming newly constructed flats. PE fees ranges from $300 to $500, and its only right that the contractor or ID makes a bit from it cos they are doing the arrangements, and it takes time. Nothing is free.

Application to hack walls for flats not constructed with precast concrete walls are free, but the price of hacking walls DEPENDS on how many walls needs to be demolished. Of cos, the more u hack, the cost of making good will be more too.

When its free it means the ID/contractor had already marked up and spread the cost over to all other items so that its 'invisible'.

It'll be unfair to say the ID or contractor had marked up from his cost somewhere to give FOC items, they marked up every cost their subcontractors charge them, it's only how much they mark up and it;s fair they mark up reasonably. Free items will still eat into their profits, but it's also a gimmick to let the owners feel more shiok,, cos the word 'free' makes people happier.

I'm doing sales so i guess all sales gimmicks are the same.

you need to pay a PE endorsement fee,not to HDB